Should elementary schools be able to show PG-rated movies?

• Maybe 3rd Grade +

It's so annoying! My school is K-5, so 5th grade gets treated like babies! We have to watch G rated movies only, even though all of us can watch PG and some even PG-13. Maybe there should be a permission slip. The hard part is the only good G movies are Disney...☹️

• Everything is given a PG rating except baby movies

We should be able to watch new movies. 8 top box office G rated movies in the past 5 years means that nothing with new content can be shown in school.

Have you ever seen Fantasia (rated G) that movie is terrifying and teaches evolution (unintentionally), but newer PG movie SING is a cute movie about making big dreams happen. Questionable content-yeah the mouse is a bully (great conversation piece) and the Gorillas are planning a heist, but better than Fantasia. Music teachers rarely allow substitutes to teach the music class, so we need a movie or game for the students to play. You find a G rated musical movie that the kids will sit through and they haven't seen a million times!

• Yes yes and yes

I'd argue pg 13 for all and "light" R for the oldest kids(5th graders). It's an unfiltered world out there and they could find it on the internet if they so choose. I'd argue that something like happy tree friends could be acceptable given teacher guidance on the violence.....It certainly makes the case for "if it's worth doing it's worth doing right" a few times. In fact i'd encourage elementary schools to expand drastically. When i was in 5th grade i knew everyone and they were age appropriate. In 6th grade everyone was talking about porn and sex and i was the only innocent around and was blown away and caught completely by surprise. I could probably hold my own now but i wasn't prepared. Clearly a lot happened over the summer, and holding back kids makes kids sneakier often.

• I so agree!

Im a 6thh grade student doing a report on this and i belive that this is absured! I read about a parent who got really angry just because her 8 year old son watched Shrek. I started watching PG-13 movies in 1st grade now kids are mature and can handle more than a G movie in school!

• Thats just stupid no pg

There is nothing wrong with pg movies at all actually i think a lot if pg movies are way to babyish for 5th grade like on friday my class needs permission for arthurs christmas this movie is mostly about santa which no one still believes in. Once ou get to age 9 and 10 you find out.

• O My God Yes!!

PG may mean parental guidance but it can be the same intensity as a G rated movie. My class teacher makes our parents sign permission slips before the movie date. So all parents agree with the movie. And I think us kids can handle it COME ON ITS ONLY PG

• PG is better than G.

5th graders are tired of watching G rated movies with younger grades. Some 5th graders are starting to watch PG-13 rated movies and are not wanting to watch G rated movies anymore or ever again. Fifth graders think G rated movies are stupid. Some movies that fifth graders love are PG and they can't watch it in school.

• Depends on age.

PG movies should only be shown to older kids. I'd say 4 and up. PG movies rarely contain anything so inappropriate or violent that a 9 year old would find it disturbing. Also the teacher will be their to supervise the children. Though they may not be their parents they are an adult who are trained to handle children.

• PG and PG-13 movies should be aloud!

Everyone in my class is able to handle a PG movie. Almost everyone can handle a PG-13 movie. Besides, school itself to me is already rated PG-13. (Frequent uses of f*ck, sh*t, and other words). Also kids, for some crazy reason, are already dating. I think schools should recognize our maturity, (well, at least most of us are mature) and let us watch PG, and PG-13 movies.

• PG and PG-13 movies should be aloud!

• Teachers can teach instead

School is for being educated, and movies, outside of nature films, rarely do that. I do not want the teacher to be the moral compass for my children.

If it is going to happen, permission should be required and for those who opt out, another activity should be made available.

• "Parents" are the P in PG.

A teacher is not a parent 😡😡😡 only a trustworthy adult knows how their child will react to such a movie. Also, kids could be doing schoolwork instead of watching a brain-rotting film. Letting your kids stay at home is better than going to school, only to not even do work.

• Ctc g g

Bh bh b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b NO SPELLS NO N N N N

• PG means Parental Guidance

PG means some material may not be suitable for children. Parents are urged to give "parental guidance". The movie may contain some material parents might not like for their young children. How is a parent supposed to give "parental guidance" when it is shown at school? Can a teacher really provided that needed one on one processing of difficult subject matter with 20 kids? Leave PG to parents. Find something G if you really need to waste my children's school time with a movie.

• It isn't necessary.

PG movies are rarely ever anything not suitable for elementary school kids. But why take the risk? There are plenty of movies rated G that can be played in elementary schools. Some kids are more sensitive to situations than others. There is no need to take the chance and having one kid be upset over a PG movie, and cause a problem for the schools. Keep it G.