• Creativity i need it

If i can not be creative i do not know who i am! If you are on the yes side think about if they took all the special programs and all subjects in school and you learned all day long about your least favorite subject it is terrible isn't it?

• Because I said so

Sometimes uniforms can be expensive and uncomfortable. Also in the summer time we have to wear long pants amd that makes u sweat and makes u smell like a garbage can threw up when u walk on by that is why I think students shouldn't wear uniform in school thank you

• Students shouldn't have to wear crappy uniforms, they suck

Uniforms can be very uncomfortable for students. It may be cheaper but the students work hard for about 6 hours, (Lunch and recess don't count) they should at least get to wear the clothes they want. Besides, why is what they wear so important, why does it matter, it doesn't right.

• Easier For Working Parents

Uniforms should definitely be considered in elementary schools in Mississauga. I have a 3-year-old that will be starting JK in September 2016, and I start work at 5:30am some days. Having to worry about her getting some educational time in before bed, her getting a good nights sleep, along with packing a nutritious lunch for my daughter, and making sure things go smoothly while I am not there some mornings when she will be going to school is difficult enough, let alone having to worry about what outfit she will wear. I also believe that uniforms will hopefully let go of some of the judgments that kids have to face these days and who has on the nicest clothes or the newest, most up-to-date shoes. It's sad to say but these are issues that our kids will have to face in our superficial world. I get it, kids should be able to express themselves and so on and so forth, but kids also need structure and as much as I didn't always agree with having to wear a uniform when I was in school, because it represented authority (to me at least) I think that it actually got myself and my parents through some of the more hectic mornings. Lastly, I know that most people on this debate are asking NOT to have uniforms, but wait and see how much easier your already busy mornings are once our kids do have them. Not to mention just how cute our little ones will look!!!

• Uniforms are easy!!

I like uniforms because they are easy no guessing if its part of a schools complicated dress code. I also find uniforms cheaper no more being pressured into buying to many expensive clothes I just have to buy a few for the weekends. As far as expressing themselves, they can do that on the weekends

• Why not uniforms?

I think having uniforms is a much better look for children who are in school. I understand that uniforms are expensive at times but so are regular clothes. Sometimes it is actually more affordable to just have to buy a few pairs of uniforms opposed to having to continue to buy overly priced clothing. Also, I feel like it improves security inside of the school and/or if there is a field-trip the cohesive uniform look can help keep each group of students in their correct group. Also, some kids get picked on when they do not have the top of the line clothing on. Requiring uniforms eliminates all of that.

• Yes they should

Maybe the students would be able to focus more on grades and less on what they are wearing if there are uniforms and so they will focus more on expressing themselves through their school work resulting in better grades. Plus it should minimize the stress that some students may go through over what to wear.

• I think that elementary schools need to have uniforms.

I think that elementary schools need to have uniforms. This would be a good idea for many
    reasons. It would make the parent’s
    lives that much easier because they wouldn’t have to pick out their kid’s
    uniforms every night. And, the kids
    could focus completely on schoolwork instead of worrying about who has a new
    outfit.

• Uniforms Are Great

I believe elementary schools should have uniforms. I believe uniforms can be a great asset to a school system because they help maintain a more neutral environment for studies. Students are less likely to compare clothing, if it is all very similar. Removing personal decision in clothing helps student focus more on their studies.

• Uniforms Prevent Teasing

Uniforms are a good idea for elementary school children. When every child is dressed the same, children are less likely to be focused on what one another are wearing, and children are less likely to make fun of other students for the clothes that other student is wearing. It makes dressing easier too.

• Uniforms are expensive

School uniforms are expensive, they never go on sale, the youth are at a growth spurt in elementary school and wearing uniforms parents have to go buy more either getting them too long or their child grows quickly and the pants or skirt becomes short quickly. This is frustrating. At least withs street clothes the clothes do go on sale because of season change and parents can save money or better yet the clothes don't rip as easy as uniform pants do.

• Creativity i need it

• We should never have to

Alright if we had uniforms we would never get to express our selves we pick out our clothes since kindergaten then suddenly someone gets to tell us what to wear when to where it they might as well pick out our weekend clothes to! It would never be fair !!!!!!!!!

• Because I said so

• Because I said no

Same as above. Don't question me because I got people and they will come after you so don't put them in Elementary school. Elementary schools should not have school uniforms because in summer some people have long pants all year around and when we sweat we have to wash it but instead if you don't have uniforms during the summer you dont have to wash your uniform every day. Also, uniforms are very expensive sometimes and some family's can't afford it and they get in trouble for not having their uniform on. Also that would mean less detentions. A big thing is that if you get attacked in school and you have your uniform on that means that person would know where you go to school and they can track you down. Some schools say that if you don't have your uniform then you have to go home and not learn for a day.Also, you would not show your creativity and every one would look the same.

• They should never be forced to

In my research, more than 1/2 of people say no. And a lot of students think that uniforms suck. And even parents say they agree with their student and say that they think that students would feel more comfortable wearing their casual clothes, not stupid school uniforms. Any one who think there should be uniforms, SUCK IT UP!!!

• Uniforms should not be applied to elementary students.

First, uniforms make students uncomfortable. Belts and skirts are annoying sometimes as they prevent children from being freely take part in school's activities. Wearing their own clothes would be much more comfortable for students and therefore, increases productivity in studying. Second, This early stage is crucial for children to enhance their creativity. Schools need to color children's world, not making them all the same like a black and white film with uniforms. Last but not least, uniforms are quite expensive to some families. The money used in uniforms would be more reasonable when being spent on books and refference.