Should Elementary students have relationships? (ex. Dating, kissing)

• Yes yes yes

THE flirtatious glances and giggling whispers that punctuate lunchroom chatter at the Ardsley Middle School would be unremarkable for seventh- and eighth-grade students practicing dating skills.

What is remarkable is that the exchanges are taking place between 10- and 11-year-old fifth graders, many arranging dates for a Saturday night movie, discussing plans for boy-girl parties or gossiping about who is pairing off with whom.

So, I say yes!

• They're too young.

They don't even have the hormones to experience that feeling of falling in love. They clearly won't keep a relationship, either. Back when I was in elementary school kids always claimed to date each other and came up with break ups and new dates and such, surely they aren't mature enough to have real relationships.

• I'm in elementary and this is my opinion!

I am an elementary student and i think we should not have students date or have a relationship because our age is too young for dating or kissing and all of that for many reasons, first reason is that my friend dated a guy in my school and he asked for nudes and he humiliated her and sent the pics all around school so sometimes relationships wouldn't be the best thing and boys these days only want nudes so its just a warning (Child pornography!)
    Second is that: grades could get lower because they r too busy texting, hanging out, talking and face timing them rather then doing work and completing whats due,
    Third is: it could somehow lead to sexual intercourse, probably because of how much they like each other i cant really explain it but my friend had sexual intercourse with her boyfriend but she didn't want that, but it just happens; warning that some boys (not all) can be f*ckboys so they just want something like sexual intercourse or nudes and they would leave you and then kinda show everyone or tell everyone what happened and stuff. SO I WARN ALL GIRLS IN ELEMENTARY TO NOT REALLY GET INVOLVED IN DATING AT THIS TIME BECAUSE WE ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TILL HIGH SCHOOL GRADE 10 OR 11, WHERE WE CAN ACTUALLY BE MATURE AND NOT BE USED BY SOME GUYS.

• No, definitely not!

Children today are growing up in broken homes, living at two or more houses back and forth, because of relationships gone bad. Children (while I agree that they should explore what they like and what they don't) do not need a premature introduction to dating, romance, and eventually sex. There is a proper time and place in which they will learn about all of that and get to try it out on there own, however, dating and kissing etc. is definitely not for such a young audience.

• Too Young, So no....

There's a time and age and place for everything. Dating is not just two people liking each other. There are a lot of traumatic experiences that can come with dating. God forbid, but if somebody dates that young and something terrible happens the child can acquire PTSD and other unspeakable things. I also feel that with children now a days, if it is acceptable for them to begin dating at a young age then they may also begin engaging in sexual activities at a young age, which increases the risk of more pregnancies and also potentially increasing amount of teen pregnancies. So no I don't stand for this.

• No They Shouldn't. They are Still elementary students.

No They Shouldn't because they are still elementary students. They have to focus more on their studying. Also, they are too early to have relationships. They are too young to have relationships that adults do. For these two reasons, I think Elementary school students should not have unhealthy relationships everyone.