Should energy drinks be banned instead of regulated?

Asked by: LSH-Debate
  • Get rid of all chemical's and just close all reg. Food stores. Open only whole food stores. And teach raw diet!

Scripture says so. I would go on but I am sure I have already lost 97% of my readers and the ones still reading are nodding their heads in agreement and smiling, they already know, don't you guys?!!Scripture says so. I would go on but I am sure I have already lost 97% of my readers and the ones still reading are nodding their heads in agreement and smiling, they already know, don't you guys?!! Torah observance would take care of the ignorant wordily diet out there.

• They're dangerous for minors

Your body produces the taurine naturally, if by drinking an energy drink you're getting way too much of it, causing your body to over react to it. Your heart races, your muscles contract more than they should, and they're obviously very dangerous for anyone under the age of 18 to be consuming.

• Oh non what is this sh*t

A can of energy drink is not worst than coffee. If you drink a 250ml of a regular brewed coffee, you have 163mg of cafeine in it. If you drink 250ml of Rockstar, you drink 84mg of cafeine, which is less.
    Everybody already knows that Energy Drinks are bad if you drink too much. It helps a lot of people to stay awake during their work, and a lot of people drink not too much of it. If you drink too much of it, it’s your problem because you were informed.

• Energy drinks should be banned.

They should really be banned because if a ten year old has one it does as much harm as a handful of drugs. We need this to stop. Energy drinks have over 160 mg of caffine in them and a can of coffee holds only 95 mg. I mean how bad is that. This needs to stop NOW

• Yes!!!!! It would help people!

Energy drinks should be banned for kids under the age of 18 due to the fact of things such as sugar rushes and too many energy drinks can end up to make illnesses and maybe a bit further than that in some cases (especially mountain dew.) It would be much safer and save some lives, but however when they are 18 they are old enough to make there own decisions! Thank you!

• To much caffeine

Energy drinks are TOO high in caffeine and sugar levels, and must not be in reach of children and this can be completed by banning energy drinks full stop. Some kids will be able to find a "stash" of energy drinks if parents have one contained in their household. Some parents would most likely buy energy drinks for their children even though the kids will become hard to control so we should control the younger generations energy levels by full on banning energy drinks

• You don't even know what is in them and they aren't natural energy boosters

We shouldn't be putting anything that isn't made from our own kitchen or bought from shops into our bodies full stop. The amount of chemicals and toxins in 95% of the products at the food store are not good for us. We need to start being clean so our minds can be much more clear and open to awaken to the things around us and get a clearer understanding about everything.

• Ban ban ban

When consumed in large or regular quantities, caffeine can make you jittery or irritable. Caffeine is a diuretic and causes your kidneys to remove extra fluid from your body. If consumed while sweating, the effects from energy drinks can compound and you become severely dehydrated quickly.

Many younger people have started mixing energy drinks with alcohol because it makes them feel alert and energetic, even when they are drunk. Alcohol and caffeine can lead to severe dehydration.

I recommend all people avoid drinking energy drinks, they only add more toxins to your body and decrease your body’s internal water supply and natural detoxification processes.

Medical professionals simply do not know the long-term effects of consuming these beverages. It is known, however, that large amounts of sugar and caffeine are harmful to our bodies. For people to utilize energy drinks during exercise or other strenuous activity compounds the problem of dehydration, and does nothing to provide the body with any necessary nutrients or fluids.

• Should be ban

The caffeine that is found in energy drinks is dangerous enough on its own. Not only is caffeine addictive, it acts as both a stimulant and a diuretic. As a stimulant, caffeine can cause anxiety attacks, heart palpitations, and insomnia.

• This things have no measure.

It is a fashion to drink this kind of stuff, which I see among kids from 12-13 years old. Athelets may use them that's not a problem because they have discipline, but this thing beig carriend arround by a kid with a tiny hand that can barely grab it whole, sounds inhumane to me. It shoudn't be totally removed but have restrictions such as age limit. They harm in large quantities and make you lose all your strenght after its effect vanishes. This is because it pulls all your future energy into a shorter period of time leaving you wasted later on.

• No it should not

No don't ban, it is the parents fault anyways. Back to the point regulating is better. Like only let kids have 1 or 2 don't let them buy a whole thing and if the parents wont do anything about that's there own fault. Seriously though don't just ban it make it so they can only buy 1 or 2

• No it should not

• Energy drinks should not be banned or regulated

Energy drinks should not be banned or regulated if given the option. It should however be inspected and the companies that make should be forced to take out the ingredients that are artificial and harmful to human bodies. There are plenty of energy drinks that are good, so not all of them are bad.

• Don't Tread On Monster

Not only does it wake people up better than coffee but also has a great source of vitamins that you can't get from other regular drinks. It only has safety checks on the can that it is not recommended for children, not recommended for women that are nursing, and people who are sensitive to caffeine. It also says that you should drink 1 only every 4 hours and limit to 3 cans per day at maximum. The idiots who dies chugged two in under 10 mins! See the issue here? For us intelligent teens....This is a positive drink

• Energy drinks are auctually good for keeping you awake during school!!!!!!!

Okay so energy drinks have been a cause of multiple deaths but like someone said in the comments earlier they can keep you awake during school whats the problem with them being in school. Plus energy drinks taste good. Also we get in trouble for going to sleep in school so they should let us have a way not to be tired all the time.

• No Way Dude

Just because there have been a couple of deaths related to energy drinks doesn't mean they should be banned. The majority if not all of the deaths have been related to really high consumption of energy drinks. The company's give out warnings in the can that they should not exceed more then a certain amount a day and it is up to the consumer to take the responsibility and action by reading what is exactly in the product that they have bought. Also they should know there tolerance towards caffeine, if they have a low tolerance they should not exceed more then half of the energy drink because we all know that 8 ounces is 1 serving. So having all 16 ounces is considered as 2 servings of caffeine with high amounts of sugar, this is all according to the FDA.

• No way josey!

Energy drinks may have Cafeen in them but it still does give you energy. Professor Walton says that energy drinks give you energy for 8 hours of the day!! Wow that is more than school hours and MOST business hours. So you can get through the day and will think properly. So why is energy drinks STILL banned???????

• Let us decide

Regulation is good as far as marketing tactics and nutrition facts / education. But once the education is available, we have the right to make up our own minds. Just like fast food and cigarettes. We have the knowledge so we should take the responsibility. On that note, if I die from an energy drink then it's my fault and no one is accountable but me.

• No, no one else has a right to tell me what I put in my body if it doesn't affect them.

I understand that energy drinks have killed people, but also think of how many people have died by peanut butter, gasoline, or water? Certain regulations are within reason as energy drinks are currently classified as vitamin supplements which I believe they truly aren't. But energy drinks have provided positive benefits in the workforce, and some energy drinks being marketed toward working people are available.

Quan says2013-06-13T13:05:04.370
I have been drinking 2-3 energy drinks every day for 7 years. How long does it take for these deadly chemicals to kill someone?