Should energy drinks be banned instead of regulated?

Asked by: LSH-Debate
  • Get rid of all chemical's and just close all reg. Food stores. Open only whole food stores. And teach raw diet!

Scripture says so. I would go on but I am sure I have already lost 97% of my readers and the ones still reading are nodding their heads in agreement and smiling, they already know, don't you guys?!!Scripture says so. I would go on but I am sure I have already lost 97% of my readers and the ones still reading are nodding their heads in agreement and smiling, they already know, don't you guys?!! Torah observance would take care of the ignorant wordily diet out there.

• A Change of Tack

It would be fine to regulate energy drinks but as far as we're concerned, no one is abiding the rule. On the label it restricts individuals under sixteen but there are still thirteen and fourteen year olds buying the drink and using it as a breakfast boost. Energy drinks were specifically designed for athletes, not for children who just want a thrill. If we could work together and actually make the regulations work, I would definitely disagree to them being banned but it's clear we need a change of tack.

• I hate energy drinks!!!!!!!! They killed my father

He drank to much and was sent to the er with heart palpitations and died of a heart attack so that is the reason why i think energy drinks should be banned so if they arent banned be careful and dont drink to much because u might die!!!!! Rip dad

• Energy drinks are unhealthy

Energy drinks are full of sodium , caffeine , and sugar . Though it might taste satisfying energy drinks such as monster , red bull , rock star , etc. are probabally one of the leading causes of obesity and diabetes in teens in America . Some have been known to go into cardiac arrest or gain type 2 diabetes because of these along with much more . One girl at age 14 went into cardiac arrest and died hours after drinking only 2 monster they had the same amount of caffeine as 14, 12 oz. , coca cola cans . The name of the girl was Anais Fournier and she was 14 - her family [ along with others ] believes that something should be done about energy drinks

• They're dangerous for minors

Your body produces the taurine naturally, if by drinking an energy drink you're getting way too much of it, causing your body to over react to it. Your heart races, your muscles contract more than they should, and they're obviously very dangerous for anyone under the age of 18 to be consuming.

• Oh non what is this sh*t

A can of energy drink is not worst than coffee. If you drink a 250ml of a regular brewed coffee, you have 163mg of cafeine in it. If you drink 250ml of Rockstar, you drink 84mg of cafeine, which is less.
    Everybody already knows that Energy Drinks are bad if you drink too much. It helps a lot of people to stay awake during their work, and a lot of people drink not too much of it. If you drink too much of it, it’s your problem because you were informed.

• Energy drinks should be banned.

They should really be banned because if a ten year old has one it does as much harm as a handful of drugs. We need this to stop. Energy drinks have over 160 mg of caffine in them and a can of coffee holds only 95 mg. I mean how bad is that. This needs to stop NOW

• Yes!!!!! It would help people!

Energy drinks should be banned for kids under the age of 18 due to the fact of things such as sugar rushes and too many energy drinks can end up to make illnesses and maybe a bit further than that in some cases (especially mountain dew.) It would be much safer and save some lives, but however when they are 18 they are old enough to make there own decisions! Thank you!

• To much caffeine

Energy drinks are TOO high in caffeine and sugar levels, and must not be in reach of children and this can be completed by banning energy drinks full stop. Some kids will be able to find a "stash" of energy drinks if parents have one contained in their household. Some parents would most likely buy energy drinks for their children even though the kids will become hard to control so we should control the younger generations energy levels by full on banning energy drinks

• No it should not

No don't ban, it is the parents fault anyways. Back to the point regulating is better. Like only let kids have 1 or 2 don't let them buy a whole thing and if the parents wont do anything about that's there own fault. Seriously though don't just ban it make it so they can only buy 1 or 2

• No it should not

• Energy drinks should not be banned or regulated

Energy drinks should not be banned or regulated if given the option. It should however be inspected and the companies that make should be forced to take out the ingredients that are artificial and harmful to human bodies. There are plenty of energy drinks that are good, so not all of them are bad.

• Don't Tread On Monster

Not only does it wake people up better than coffee but also has a great source of vitamins that you can't get from other regular drinks. It only has safety checks on the can that it is not recommended for children, not recommended for women that are nursing, and people who are sensitive to caffeine. It also says that you should drink 1 only every 4 hours and limit to 3 cans per day at maximum. The idiots who dies chugged two in under 10 mins! See the issue here? For us intelligent teens....This is a positive drink

• Energy drinks are auctually good for keeping you awake during school!!!!!!!

Okay so energy drinks have been a cause of multiple deaths but like someone said in the comments earlier they can keep you awake during school whats the problem with them being in school. Plus energy drinks taste good. Also we get in trouble for going to sleep in school so they should let us have a way not to be tired all the time.

• No Way Dude

Just because there have been a couple of deaths related to energy drinks doesn't mean they should be banned. The majority if not all of the deaths have been related to really high consumption of energy drinks. The company's give out warnings in the can that they should not exceed more then a certain amount a day and it is up to the consumer to take the responsibility and action by reading what is exactly in the product that they have bought. Also they should know there tolerance towards caffeine, if they have a low tolerance they should not exceed more then half of the energy drink because we all know that 8 ounces is 1 serving. So having all 16 ounces is considered as 2 servings of caffeine with high amounts of sugar, this is all according to the FDA.

• No way josey!

Energy drinks may have Cafeen in them but it still does give you energy. Professor Walton says that energy drinks give you energy for 8 hours of the day!! Wow that is more than school hours and MOST business hours. So you can get through the day and will think properly. So why is energy drinks STILL banned???????

• Let us decide

Regulation is good as far as marketing tactics and nutrition facts / education. But once the education is available, we have the right to make up our own minds. Just like fast food and cigarettes. We have the knowledge so we should take the responsibility. On that note, if I die from an energy drink then it's my fault and no one is accountable but me.

• No, no one else has a right to tell me what I put in my body if it doesn't affect them.

I understand that energy drinks have killed people, but also think of how many people have died by peanut butter, gasoline, or water? Certain regulations are within reason as energy drinks are currently classified as vitamin supplements which I believe they truly aren't. But energy drinks have provided positive benefits in the workforce, and some energy drinks being marketed toward working people are available.

Quan says2013-06-13T13:05:04.370
I have been drinking 2-3 energy drinks every day for 7 years. How long does it take for these deadly chemicals to kill someone?