Should 'equal pay for equal work' laws be strengthened?

• When people need to earn more

Yes, when people's need is not satisfied by their current earning. People think to work more when they need more income. This is why equal pay for equal work law needs to be strengthened, so that people can have a satisfactory life. On the other hand working harder is the only option for people who are in serious financial need.

• You can't force it.

No, equal pay for equal work laws should not be strengthened, because women often take time off of work for children. If the man continues to work, they should not be limited in their career because a woman has to receive equal pay. Also, there will always be some sexists in the work place. You cannot force it.

• Let Market Determine Wages

Laws will do nothing to prevent discrimination. It is nearly impossible to prove, and frankly, probably doesn't happen as often as we may believe. As women continue to attend higher education at increasing rates, then their skills will continue to be in demand by employers. If employers wish to retain highly-skilled employees, to include women, they will not be able to get away with wage discrimination.

• No, equal work equal pay laws should not be strengthened.

I do not think that equal pay for equal work laws should be strengthened. I think that the current laws and policies are fair enough as they are. I do not think that the issue is something that needs any more attention. I think the issue is being trumpeted by politics and the media with a bias.