• I am a hunter jumper myself. It is very offensive when people say it should not be a sport and that it is abusive.

The bond between a horse and rider is like nothing else. My horse and I work as a team and perfect all we do so I don't have to reprimand him. I don't believe in wips or spers but I believe in my voice. Yes some are abusive but the whole equestrian world in not. Therefor sit done and think about all the people you would be effecting that are not harmful to these bueatiful creatures we work with. Cause with your words and protest you can ruin everything for someone and bonds that a are between a horse and rider that should not be broken.

• Why wouldn't it be considered a sport?

As a dressage rider myself, this is my viewpoint: The fact that equestrians aim to move harmoniously with horses that are supple both longitudinally and laterally, relaxed, have consistent rhythm and degree of straightness and balance all while appearing to be doing 'nothing' is quite remarkable really. One of the aims of dressage is to ride using 'invisible aids', so when I get someone attempting to insult my riding by saying, "You're not doing anything, the horse is doing all the work", I laugh in their face and say, "Thank you, I've been trying to master to art of riding with invisible aids since I was five" 😂

As a dressage rider myself, this is my viewpoint: The fact that equestrians aim to move harmoniously with horses that are supple both longitudinally and laterally, relaxed, and have a consistent rhythm and degree of straightness all while appearing to be doing "nothing" is quite remarkable, really. One of the aims of dressage is to ride using "invisible aids". So, when I get someone attempting to insult my riding by saying "You're not doing anything, the horse is doing all the work", I laugh in their face and say "Thank you, I've been trying to master the art of riding with invisible aids since I was five" 😂

• Its a sport

I ride horses and I've been working very hard since was ten. I have learned listening skills and discipline. It has made me a better person. It is the best sport ever. I tried sports like soccer when i was little, but i never enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed riding. It should definitely be a sport

• A traditional sport

There are many sports in the Olympics that may not be what come to mind when the word 'sport' comes up, but that doesn't mean that they're not physically demanding, or don't require skill. Equestrian sports are ancient and well established throughout many parts of the world, and they are an equally valid member of Olympic sports.

• A Combination of Discipline And Class

Yes! Absolutely! I believe that Equestrian is a combination of discipline on many levels as well as showmanship. I also believe that it is all too often overlooked. I think that the ability to control an animal to the degree that Equestrians do is commendable, and should be recognized in the Olympics.

• Its Just not a sport...

To be honest, I think Equestrian events aren't sports, here is why. First off, the Olympics is to showcase the human body's functions and limitations. And sitting on a horses back while it dances or jumps simply does not encapsulate that, it just doesn't. Do I think that it takes skill....Of course it does. But the way that the opposing side frames their argument, makes it seem that just because it takes skill to do something means that it has to be in the Olympics. With that logic why isn't gaming (video games), or dog walking in the Olympics? Some competitive gaming teams train like pro athletes, and they have also been doing it since they were young. Should gaming be in the Olympics....NO! If horses were to take part in the Olympics the only sport which I would support is Polo, because the rider has an active roll in the outcome of a match, and the quality of horse has a minuscule affect on the outcome. Which brings me to my last point that equestrian is more about breeding/training/providing the horse with the best upbringing than it is about making the rider the best in the world.

• Not a sport

This is not a sport because you can make a horse walk without being on it. The only difference is that you are sitting on it. The only muscles moving are the horses!!!! This should not be an Olympics sport and if it is going to be they may as well have rugby.