Should Europe subsidize more farming and mining operations in Silesia to jumpstart the region's economy?

• Modernizing in Need

The economy in the European Union and especially Silesia is very fragile. The problem is that there has been a faltering line in exports, and the farming and mining operations would do a great job at helping relieve that. While there could be environmental consequences, they could be set back by careful planning.

• Europe should not subsidize

Europe should not subsidize more farming and mining operations in Silesia to jump start the economy because government spending does not work. It just puts the people into more debt and lays that burden of paying off the debt onto their kids and grand kids. Let the private market work it out.

• Will Happen Naturally

I do not believe Europe should subsidize more farming and mining operations in Silesia to jump start the regions economy. I don't really believe subsidies help a situation in the long term, so I don't believe that will actually help in this situation. Economies are best built over time, they shouldn't seek out the quick and easy answers.

• not at all

No, they are not going to make enough of these two operations to have a major impact on the region, and I think that they need to focus on some other things that would help them make a lot more money that just this farming and doing a little mining.

• No, Europe shouldn't subsidize more farming and mining in Silesia.

I do not think that Europe should feel the need to help the region's economy in Silesia by subsidizing more farming and mining operations. Unless the action will help Europe to benefit from such an act, then I think they should instead of using the operations funds and resources to a place where they can profit from it the most.