• Of Course!

Yes, because doctors sometimes try to make the patient have euthanasia to get rid of them. Doctors usually try to get rid of patients because they have incurable diseases. If euthanasia was legal then patients might give up when they are fighting against a difficult disease too. By laws, killing is also illegal. And Euthanasia is just assisting on killing someone.

• Yes!!

I do not feel that one peson should be able to euthanasia another person just because of a illness or them wanting to die. I believe that is murder. I do feel that their should be Dr. assisted suscide. The individual that has a life ending illness can then decide if they want to end their life.

• Euthanasia should not be illegal

People should have the right to choose to end their lives when they are suffering from a terminal illness. It should not be up to anyone else to decide that another person should have to live through the pain and suffering of such an illness. People should be allowed to die with integrity and to choose not to have to live bedridden or depending on others to help them with simple everyday care. Without quality of life, people are just existing in pain and not really living.

• Needs to be legal

People have the unalienable rights of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If being alive denies them of their happiness and their liberty they should have the choice to end their own life. If you are in such insurmountable pain or suffering that nothing else can help, you should be able to put yourself at rest. When things get that bad you are just existing, not living, and you deserve the right to be in peace at last.

• It should be legal

Because people will suffer a lot and you don't want that, what if someone of your family is in a terminal disease and wants to die?
    She or he will be unhappy and it will be a painful life.
    It should be legal for people who are EXTREMELY sick and cannot handle it anymore

• It should not be!

Why would we allow our loved ones to be killed by a doctor? Because they are terminally sick and they can not get cured? Or the doctor said he/she is not worthy to live. It is absolutely inhumanity to legalize it. With love and kind we can take care of our terminally ill persons until their time arrives.

• Absolutely! Without a doubt!

I first want to present the question: Why is suicide frowned by those who support euthanasia? Take Janet for example. Janet is fifteen, and she is majorly depressed and suicidal. Her mother is dead, and her father is abusive. She as no siblings. She is alone with no love, and no one that cares. She doesn't want to live anymore. Should she be allowed to commit suicide?

(*Disclaimer* I copied some of this directly from CNA)
    Central to their utterly false philosophy is the notion that some lives are NOT WORTH LIVING. These lives, they maintain, are more trouble than they are worth. They have too much suffering, and are too much of a burden on the resources of society. You know, if we were talking about a car, or a typewriter, or some other THING, we could say that when enough things go wrong with it, it becomes more trouble than it's worth. Repairs would be too costly, too involved. Throw it out and get a new one. But we cannot apply this mindset to HUMAN PERSONS. A person is never more trouble than he/she is worth. Notice, we do not use the pronoun "it" to refer to a human being. There's a reason for that. A person is not a "thing", an "it", an object whose value is to be calculated on some kind of economic cost/benefit analysis scale. A person is worth more than the ENTIRE PHYSICAL UNIVERSE! Ponder that. Human life is of INFINITE VALUE, and this remains true no matter how small, weak, uncommunicative, disabled, diseased, or "unproductive" (in the eyes of a materialistic, consumerist society like ours) it may be.

From a religious point of view, Was the suffering of Christ meaningless? Or do we not say, "We adore You, O Christ, and we bless You, for BY YOUR HOLY CROSS You have redeemed the world."? Did He not tell His followers to embrace the cross? Do we not join our pain to His to save souls? Even from a secular viewpoint, does not suffering provide an occasion to grow in wisdom, character, and compassion?

One thing pro-choice people should keep in mind is that euthanasia is by no means a solution to human suffering! It is evident that is only disrupts the normal pattern of life and leads towards creating a more insensitive and violent society. Life is a gift.

• Definitely! Without a doubt!

Before I get into this, I have a question to ask any person that is in favor of legalizing euthanasia: Why is suicide frowned upon, or something that is tragic, but euthanasia isn't? Take Janet for example. Janet is fifteen years old. She is extremely depressed. Her mom is dead, and her Dad is abusive. He older brother is hooked on drugs, and is far off the deep end. She hates life. No one loves her, or cares about her. Is she allowed to kill herself?

I copied most of this from online sources mostly because I don't think you could phase it much better:
    From a religious point of view, Was the suffering of Christ meaningless? Or do we not say, "We adore You, O Christ, and we bless You, for BY YOUR HOLY CROSS You have redeemed the world."? Did He not tell His followers to embrace the cross? Do we not join our pain to His to save souls? Even from a secular viewpoint, does not suffering provide an occasion to grow in wisdom, character, and compassion? Central to their utterly false philosophy is the notion that some lives are NOT WORTH LIVING. These lives, they maintain, are more trouble than they are worth. They have too much suffering, and are too much of a burden on the resources of society. You know, if we were talking about a car, or a typewriter, or some other THING, we could say that when enough things go wrong with it, it becomes more trouble than it's worth. Repairs would be too costly, too involved. Throw it out and get a new one. But we cannot apply this mindset to HUMAN PERSONS. A person is never more trouble than he/she is worth. Notice, we do not use the pronoun "it" to refer to a human being. There's a reason for that. A person is not a "thing", an "it", an object whose value is to be calculated on some kind of economic cost/benefit analysis scale. A person is worth more than the ENTIRE PHYSICAL UNIVERSE! Ponder that. Human life is of INFINITE VALUE, and this remains true no matter how small, weak, uncommunicative, disabled, diseased, or "unproductive" (in the eyes of a materialistic, consumerist society like ours) it may be. - One thing pro-choice people should keep in mind is that euthanasia is by no means a solution to human suffering! It is evident that is only disrupts the normal pattern of life and leads towards creating a more insensitive and violent society. Life is a gift.

• I think so

My second point is about how legalising euthanasia will bring a chain of undesired events to the world. Firstly, new technologies and future technologies will allow terminally ill patients to eventually become better. Doctors could use euthanasia as an excuse for murder. Doctors sometimes try to make the patient have euthanasia to get rid of them. They usually try to get rid of patients because they have incurable diseases. By laws, killing is also illegal. And Euthanasia is just assisting on killing someone.

• What a shame

Legalising euthanasia will bring a chain of undesired events to the world. Firstly, new technologies and future technologies will allow terminally ill patients to eventually become better. Also if there is no treatment available reading machines and writing machines will allow to find hope and possibly a currier in their life.

• Why not? This is my requirement of words...

Think about it. If you had cancer, and your doctor said you had a time of 50 days, you would probably be depressed, but you would try to live your life to the fullest. Once that time was over, you were so sick and bedridden that you felt that your life was pointless, and there was not very much to do anymore. If you were in this situation, would you choose to live on pointlessly, and just stay in the bed for the rest of your(probably short) life, or would you be a man and just accept your fate and die sooner than later? I mean, it wouldn't matter very much- you would just die in maybe another week or so. A week of doing nothing. I mean, it would really freaking suck if a cure was invented right afterwards, but that is very unlikely. So I dunno, personally I would just de sooner than later.

• Why Suicide But Not Euthanasia?

I am curious as to how a person who is capable and self-sufficient can end their life without moral consequences, but those who are impaired and debilitated cannot. I believe that all humans are granted with the right to choose. The patient should be given the opportunity to choose between prolonged pain and death. It is unethical to suspend the patient in an interval of severe misery, and observe as their condition deteriorates.

• It devalues life

Life itself is a gift from god, we or the government have no right deciding who lives and who dies! If we legalize euthanasia it will devalue everybody's life and we would have control of other people's lives. Plus life insurance wont pay in the event of suicide! Its against the hippocratic oath of doctors!

• How is it still illegal?

Euthanasia shouldn't even be up for debate. Why should the general public or government get to decide whether or not terminally ill people have the right to die. It is nobody's business if Bob from down the street who has been sitting in pain at the local hospital for the past few year should be allowed to die or not, why even concern yourself with the fact that he wishes to die. If it is someone close to you then you should respect and understand the fact that they don't wish to live out there last years in pain. The fact that this isn't legal is mind blowing, just the idea that there is a law saying that people don't have the right to die makes no sense. Now I'm not saying euthanasia should be legal for everyone of course there should be limitations on who should be allowed to die

• I should be legal

If someone is going to end up dying and will drag out their life in pain because they are suffering from a condition, they should be able to make the decision to die earlier than wait and suffer. People wont go around killing themselves if it is legal so wake up! Don't be selfish you idiots and think of other people

• Euthanasia should not be illegal.

Maybe regulated, but not illegal. There are so many legitimate cases of people that have incurable diseases, and mental problems. I was just reading a suicide note the other day written from someone in the Army that committed war crimes and suffered a lot of irreversible mental disorders because of it. I am pro-choice, and if I was living a nightmare day after day I would want to be put down peacefully too.

• It's there choice

I saw a post saying that euthanasia should be illegal because doctors offer euthanasia to get rid of patients. Okay so first of all euthanasia is allready illegal (in most countries) and suggesting that doctors want to kill there patientss of is barbaric . Euthanasia should be legal . If a dog is ill it gets put down to "put it out of its misery" or because its "the best thing to do" . Euthanasia is sometimes the best thing to do for patients who have no quality of life . It's pitting a painless end to there suffering to do. It's their body and have the right to do what hey wish with it .

• Stop the suffering

People are suffering in a hospital bed and they need to be put out of there misery, I don't mean to kill everyone but if its necessary and a doctor agrees with it then I don't see what's the problem with it. This was happening to someone that i loved but since it is illegal they had to suffer, but gladly that person had passed on and now there in a better place

• It's their choice

A person who wants to die should have the option, it shouldn't be up to someone else. There should be a wait period and psychiatrists involved to determine whether the patient is going through a tough time or is really suicidal. If they are, they will kill themselves anyway, just a lot more painfully and/or slowly.

• legalise, END THE PAIN

Because people shouldn't have to fear death, the pain that usually comes with it. We put our dogs down, as it is the most humane and cruelness option, so why do we keep people alive just for the sake of existing? Also, as cruel as this sounds, the patients are just taking up resources and doctors and their families time. Would you want to live a short happy life, or a painful long life?

Research this topic: Belgium