Should euthanasia be legalized in the United States?

• We don't even have real fucking medicine.

Our current regime of doctors and medicine should be the laughing stock of the universe. Our food, water, air, meds, basically everything has been tainted. Flouride for example, is fucking poison. And what does the govt do... Loads it in our water system and brainwashes us to believe it's good for our teeth. POISON!! If someone is in chronic pain of any sort or even chronic depression they should be able to choose to end their life. It's their fucking life you idiots. God this god that. The devil is torturing us humans and where the FUCK is even legitimate medicine?!?!? Wake up!!!! We've all been poisoned and it's still ongoing!!! We're being tortured and anyone should have the choice what to do with their life. Especially if they've felt pain for wayyy too long and they can't even get REAL fucking help. Our current govt and leaders are sick fucking pigs. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up!!

Find real herbs, real herbs, real herbs, organic food from mother earth if you need help!!!!!!! Nature cures all!!!!!!!! Fuck pharmaceuticals and every fucking doctor that supports poison! They are worthless!!!!

• Think about if it was you.

If it was you that had cancer, you that got into thatcher wreck and couldn't walk of even speak, think if you were so mentally traumatized that you couldn't bare the pain any longer, everyone else saying that its "wrong" should put themselves in the other persons shoes. Actually you can't do that, because you will NEVER understand their pain and how sick and sad they feel inside, if they decide thats what they want to do then let them. Of coarse its sad, but if you really care about the person be happy that their suffering and pain is going to gone, and they will be free of all that sadness, and pain, and suffering. If they are religious then let them go up to see God, if they believe in reincarnation then let them go on to their next life, if they don't believe in any of that then just simply let their pain be over. You'll never understand until its you on that death bed of pain.

• People suffer, if there's no cure, why prolong their suffering?

People suffer in this world and there are some diseases we just can't cure yet. If a disease is incurable, there is no reason to prolong one's suffering. This last couple sentences is just to complete the word "quota" so you never needed to read this sentence. But you read it anyways.

• Yes, but to a certain extent.

Euthanasia is taking someone out of their possible future of misery and pain, and that helps them to have as good a life as they can. If there is a person who wants to be euthanized, I think they should only be able to do so if their condition is only going to go downhill from where they are currently in there condition. If they only have depression and don't want to live, they should not be permitted to have euthanasia performed on them.

• Maybe God doesn't want us to suffer...

I am a very religious person, and I know suicide is a sin. Imagine though the worst pain you've ever had in your life; now imagine that pain becoming 100 times worse and no one can help it. I have seen people in hospitals who are dying, and they are in such severe pain. Why would you want anyone to suffer horribly for their last remaining days of their lives when they are going to die anyways. I understand God works miracles, but I also believe that the people who choose euthanasia know that there isn't any turning back from where they are. A person who's cancer was caught late and had spread to their entire body isn't going to be all better in a day or two. I think that these diseases are not brought on by God, but by Satin. God doesn't want us to suffer the way some people have to in their painful days/weeks before their death. Our God is a forgiving God, and I don't believe that he would restrict us from eternal life with him if we were to need to end our suffering.

• People with unbearable illnesses, mental or medical should be able to end their lives in an attempt to stop incurable pain and suffering.

Hi I'm Tyrell and in my opinion I believe that if a person has an incurable medical or mental illness that just hasn't gotten any better with treatment or medicine then they should have the right to end their lives as a way to end the endless suffering they face day to day. Now I know some people might argue that if a person is mentally ill how can they make such a decision?! Well they may still be able to make rational decisions for themselves, I mean everyone is different you know. We don't know what people deal with on a daily bases. Sometimes dealing with a treatable but incurable mental illness can be debilitating on a person suffering from it so I feel it is just as serious as a medical disease. I agree with people who say that life is a gift, but if it comes with endless suffering with no way out(which there isn't always one to be honest) then it is more of a curse than it is a gift. No one should have to suffer through life in order to live it, sometimes it happens that way. I believe in God and I also believe that everything happens for a reason. If a person can be helped then help them, but if for some reason they can't or they may feel that way then they should have the right to end their lives if that is what they choose on their own.

• No cure for Huntington's.

Disease runs in my family. I don't want to lay in a bed for years staring at the ceiling trapped in my own psychotic episodial head while a healthy family member gives up there own healthy life to take care of me. I want to be able to end it and release my family of burden. I don't want to hold them back from any happiness, fun, time, events because they are trying to feed, bathe, medicate, and change my diapers while trying to keep together a family of there own.

• It's crucial this is legalized

Is it the governments job to tell a person they can't control their own bodies? In beyond too many cancer patients, the patients are at a stage that their body can't even handle food anymore. At which point, they should most definitely have the ability to end their life. Also, bringing religion into this conversation is pointless, it's important to remember that not everyone shares the same conceded religion.

• I support active euthanasia.

We do it for terminally ill animals, why should it be any different for our own kind. If someone is that sick and in pain they do not deserve to suffer and one to many times they take their own lives. If euthanasia was legal they could die peacefully with dignity.

• Stop torchering people with life.

Life is not meant for everyone!!! Let them go be happy. If you don't let people go, they end up hurting more and more as they get older. The worst is they will hurt others. "Freedom" but what is that now days!! God bless those who are trapped in this unpredictable world.

• It is just wrong.

I just want to say that, you don't have the right to end your own life, God has the power over that. He can let it happen, He can prevent it. All He wants to do is embrace you, and by keeping you alive is giving you another chance to accept Him and His gift. He loves you and it makes Him sad to see a soul slip away from Him. That is why these people who want Euthanasia are were they are now. I know you think it would be better to just end your life, but you don't know the plans God has for your life. If you don't understand this, look up the biographies of these two women, Kristine Cain, and Joyce Meyer. Their story is one that proves God has something great in store for all of us, we just have to hand our life to Him, and leave it all to Him.

P.S. Statistically, out of 2%, 1.7% of assisted suicide were without the patients consent.

That is my final word. I will say no more.

• This just opens doors...

We are already giving ISIS permission to cross the border and get benefits. So, what is going to stop them from signing up for medical and terrorizing there? (End tat argument cause that is just my opinion)
    And I agree, if there is a cure, use it. It shouldn't be the doctor's right, it is God's say so. If you are suffering, God will let you go, but trough your suffering, He is saying, "I am giving you a last chance. Come to Me, and you will find rest". He may let you be miraculously be healed. God can see the future, as well as the past and the here and now, He wants you to come to him and embrace you, He is waiting, but He gave us free-will. Freedom to choose. It makes Him sad to see a soul slip away from Him, But he isn't torturing you, He is giving you a chance to come to Him, to embrace Him. He love you. All you have to do is accept his gift of Jesus. I am not forcing you, I am compelling you. That is all, I will say no more.
    Luca K.

• Humans are not god.

We should never play around with people's LIVES! Does that mean ANYTHING to you? Just reading all of you people's comments saying yes, it just makes me sick! You would be willing to take a life like it was nothing?! Our bodies are God's temple and we are his creation. Euthanasia is just inhumane.

• Don't waste your life

God is the giver and taker of life. He can heal you if that's his plan.
    I totally know where you're coming from if you don't believe in a God, but you don't know how many stories there are of people committing euthanasia, before it is discovered that they don't have the disease. And sometimes people go insane and don't know what they're doing, so we shouldn't help them kill themselves.

• Its Gods choice

To decide whether you live or die a doctor cant play on God it goes against the medical code doctors have to recite before they become doctors. The Bible says many strong things about this subject and we shouldn't argue with what God has taught us on life in general.

• We are all humans.

How would you like it if your doctor preformed euthanasia? It tells you how much Doctors really value life. Humans are not animals that need to be put death. Yes, they may be suffering but over time GOD heals them, whether it be one way or another. GOD WILL HEAL!!!

• You Guys Are absolutely atrocious

Autistic, Now I'm not being offensive in any way but we are already killing babies which is already a problem, now you want to kill people that have so much to live for and all they have to say is yes. This is ridiculous and it's sad that 76% percent of you are so blind. When Jesus comes He will be calling my name.

• 1 Corinthians 3;16-17

"16 do you not know that you and your body is God's temple and that God's spirit dwells in you ?17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will then destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple. -Bible english standard version. God bless you remember god loves you so much- written by a thirteen year old

• The more difficult but humane solution to human suffering is to address the problems, not to seek for a solution as ending your life.

People who support euthanasia often say that it is already considered permissible to take human life under some circumstances such as self-defense - but they miss the point that when one kills for self-defense they are saving innocent life - either their own or someone else's. With euthanasia no one's life is being saved - life is only taken away. Mercy killing is morally incorrect and should be forbidden by law. It’s a homicide and murdering another human cannot be rationalized under any circumstances. Human life deserves exceptional security and protection. Advanced medical technology has made it possible to enhance human life span and quality of life. Palliative care and rehabilitation centers are better alternatives to help disabled or patients approaching death live a pain-free and better life. So why look for a solution in the most cowardly way? There are many ways to get help and with today’s advance technology and people’s will to help others there’s no need to approach a solution to problems in the most inhuman way.

• No, euthanasia starts a dangerous slippery slope.

Euthanasia should not be legalized. First, it is not a human responsibility to determine when a life has become worthless and should be ended. The only time the taking of life is authorized is to punish the taking of innocent life, or to defend it. Moreover, while euthanasia may start with good intentions, it proves an extremely dangerous slippery slope. It is often difficult to determine the wishes of an extremely ill person, and there are far too many cases where it may be in the interests of unscrupulous doctors or family members to end the life of someone who cannot protest. It is safer never to provide the opportunity.