Should every business in Western society be required to offer free wireless Internet connectivity as a means to combat the dangerous digital divide?

• Internet access is better for all of us

Though it may seem like an onerous requirement such a requirement would be beneficial to businesses in the grand scheme. Each individual user at each business likely doesn't contribute much on their own, but their social media posts and online activitiy might draw others to the business that would not have otherwise come. So while the effects will be diffuse they willl ikely materialize, and certainly they will be positive.

• Yes, absolutely they should.

I do think every business in Western society be required to offer free wireless Internet connectivity as a means to combat this. Though I don't really see the divide as being that dangerous. Especially not in the western world. The real divide is between developed and undeveloped nations in every way.

• No, Western society doesn't have to offer free internet.

I do not think that every business in Western society should be required to offer free wireless Internet to combat the dangerous digital divide. I do not think that such a strategy is something that is necessary for society or fair to the private sector. The only free Internet available should be provided by those who choose to.

• It's not a right.

No, not every business in Western society should be required to offer free wireless Internet connectivity as a means to combat the dangerous digital divide, because a person who runs a small business might not be able to afford free internet for the masses. Also, would the business be accountable if someone used the internet to do something illegal?