Should every parent be required to complete a parenting class?

• Parenting Best Left to Parents

It would be a dangerous precedent to force parents to attend a parenting class. The government should not dictate to parents how to raise their own children. That is a sacred and intimate right which comes with being a parent. However, if parents were found guilty of abuse or neglect of a child, then mandatory classes would be acceptable.

• No, most feel they already know how to parent

A required class for every parent in America would be
    ineffective. Just as in high school, uninterested students would daydream,
    gossip, and even send notes in class. As school teachers know, it is simply not
    possible to educate people who do not want to be educated. Many who would be
    rated as terrible parents by their friends and neighbors are quite confident
    about their inborn parenting skills, and feel supremely confident that they
    need no help or advice.

• No, I don't think every parents should be required to complete a parenting class.

While raising a child is very difficult and requires much knowledge I don't believe the Government should be mandating that everyone is required to take a class in parenting, besides the huge amount it would cost to pull off a program like that I don't believe in general it's a necessary thing to mandate.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe every parent should be required to complete a parenting class. Parenting classes can be great and they should be available to those that are interested, but personally I wouldn't want to take one. There are various tactics that can be used in parenting and I don't want someone telling how or what I should do. I prefer to make my own decisions when it comes to raising my child.

• No, parents should not be required to take a parenting class.

I do not think that every parent should have to take a parenting class. I think that there are a lot of people out there that can take care of their kids in a proper and responsible way without having to take a class. A parenting class should only be required to those who have gotten in trouble with the law.