• Shut it down

While there are clear benefits to Facebook, the issues far outweigh the benefits. Facebook has caused countless teens and children to commit suicide due to cyber bullying, it's destroyed arguments that have resulted in real life murder and it's caused burglaries (people posting when they're on holiday).
    Paedophiles can see the billions of pictures of children uploaded, ex boyfriends and girlfriends obsess over each other's pages (delaying the healing process) and people are forgetting how to interact with each other without a screen in front of them! People that really care about each other talk on the phone anyway, and surprisingly enough, I don't give a shit what someone I went to primary school with had for breakfast!
    Also it gives a platform to sick people who sell animals along with other dispicable activities. We don't need it, wake up lemmings

• Facebook should definitely be shut down.

Facebook is just bad in general. There are so many things going wrong and Facebook is filled with scams. Not only do I think that it's bad for the adults, but I also think that it's bad for the children. Especially children that set up fake accounts, pretending to be older than they really are. Facebook is also filled with nastiness. Every single time that you scroll down your news feed, there are nasty photos posted. I'm sick of it. And I'm also sick of the drama and everybody being mad, cussing and carrying on. Too many people have been hurt over Facebook. Something needs to change.

• Facebook is a societal nightmare

We think that Facebook is creating multiple connections, but the reality is that is creating virtual connections. There is no "real" connection there at all. Social interaction isn't just in front of a pc and messaging someone from another country. It is getting out in the real world and meeting people. The more people rely on FB, the less likely they will be able to function in real life relationships. Also, it drives me CRAZY when I hear a company say "like me on Facebook." I would rather not use that company at all. I meet people in real life. I call people and text, when necessary. I don't spend hours updating my Facebook page. I just more people would get away from Facebook for a week. Most would know immediately, just how bad it really is.

• I agree it should be shut down!.

Anyone can set up a profile, how many people have been murdered, catfished etc. So many young children can lie about their age and set up an account, added with their innocence and clueless mentality, leaves them extremely vulnerable to predators. Serious security measures should be put in place at least!. Anything goes on FB and I appreciate there are some plus sides to FB but like I mention, serious security messages should be paramount.

• Facebook should be shut down

Because Facebook has led to the death for 9600 persons. That incredibly much so why not shut it down so more people can be alive. THe world becomes scared when they hear Facebook if they hear this. It maybe is positive in some ways but there are a lot of other social medias that also has the similiar options

• Too much verbal abuse, sexual content and graphic content desensitizing our kids.

I see kids online and I see tons of verbal abuse trolls from other countries cutting down women and stalking people. If not shut down at least allow users to talk and only share with those in their country. Give us the option to block countries on our own profile.

• Facebook should be shut down for good

Facebook if full of bad and scary people. People can stalk you and see where you live. They make fake accounts to hide their identities to trick kids and take them. The sight has so many scam account people are tricked out of their money, family and free gifts. Facebook needs to be shut down!

• Facebook created by a Thief who supports other Thieves.

As has been widely noted the creator of facebook simply stole the idea and implemented it from underneath his partners. Even though He was sued it is little justification for those who have ideas that are stolen by others and it exists as a form of revenge for those who like a biased opinion and don't allow for actual facts to be researched and then reported properly by organizations who are liable for what they say.

• Social media is actually internet terrorism

Those who use facebook in this day and age are using it as a free billboard to promote themselves or a belief with out having to pay for it or be liable for it. If people had to actually pay to post their opinions on line this would all go away and the world with the internet would be a much safer place. Unfortunately that doesn't happen and people freely use facebook and twitter to defame and destroy the lives of others. It is nothing short of a form of terrorism and it IS internet terrorism.

• No, facebook should not be shut down, users should have the choice to use it.

Unless Facebook does something illegal or very morally incorrect, it should not shut down without consent. While Facebook does sometimes cause negative effects in people, this is not the case for everyone and it is up to the individual to decide whether they want to take the risks involved in using Facebook.

• Facebook Should Not be Shutdown

No, Facebook should not be shutdown as it provides a valuable service and does not impede upon rights. Facebook provides the service of being able to keep in touch with people for long periods of time, and though it does sell personal information for gain, it does not violate rights as one must agree to this program.