• Y e s

Y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s, y e s

• Yes, factory farming should be legal.

I definitely think that factory farming should be legal. I think that such tactics could be an efficient way to produce goods that would benefit the American people. I think that it would be beneficial in terms of making products cheaper and helping the economy. As long as everything is legal, then I have no problems with it.

• Factory farming, Vertical farming, and Aquaponics should not only be legal, but should be encouraged.

Factory farming, Vertical Farming, and Aquaponics use much exponentially less resources and land than traditional farming. These farms can be placed close to cities where the majority of food and produce is sold. Rather than destroy tons of acres of land and waste millions of gallons of water with traditional farming, produce should be grown in large industrial factories, or on skyscrapers through Aquaponics. This will help save resources and the environment.

• There is a huge demand

The nature of the population now a days is such that small family farms won't cut it in regards to supplying food sources. There are simply too many people who need to eat, and just like any other product that is mass produced, factory farming is more profitable and efficient for delivering goods.

• Factory farming should be legal

Factory farming should be legal in the United States. There are many people that would do the jobs, it would help the struggling economy, and the businesses need this type of business practices. If it is in demand, which it is, then the government should let the private market work its course.

• Bc I said

Bc bc bc bc cb bcbc bccbbc bc cb cbc bc cb cbc bc cbcbcbbb b b bb b b b bb b b b b bb b vb b c c c cc cc c c cc cc c c cc c cc c c cc c c c

• Biggest Mistake in food Production...

First off TJTretman, your facts are wrong, as far as factory farms. Your vertical farming and aquaponics references are accurate. But back to the topic of the debate.
    1. Factory farming uses less resources... Wrong. Maybe less land, but the impact on the land is concentrated. Not to mention the energy to build and maintain the farm is astronomical.
    2. Live next to a factory farm, you may want to, not me. They are toxic. Think about this, 20,000 hogs weighing in at 200 pounds each. They defecate daily, where does all that go, answer retaining ponds. That's hazmat. The earth is a wonderful filter and user of organic waste, but only in moderation. Twenty hogs, half acre rotated every month or so. The land uses the fertilizer and recovers. The land gets stronger and better for the pigs, its a natural cycle.
    3. Locking an animal up for its entire life, pumping it full of pig Prozac, so its not stress, and letting it eat and get fat. For some Americans, that's sounds great. How healthy is that. Your doctors tells you to exercise, eat right and be social. Healthier animals produce healthier meat for you and me.

Any of you want to research before you speak, go try and tour a factory farm. First off they probably will not let you in, they will say bio-security, but they really don't want you to see how they operate.

Watch Food, Inc if you have questions.

• Factory farming should not be legal

Factory farming should not be legal. It provides an intensive amount of food at a terrible cost to the environment, farmers who engage in these practices can not be trusted to follow any safety rules that might get in the way of their profits and that makes anything they produce suspicious.

• Factory farming should not be legal.

I do not believe that factory farming should be legal. The main reason I believe this is because I feel that it is very unnatural. First off, animals are not meant to be kept inside all of the time and plants are meant to grow in the sunlight. Personally I also believe that animals serve more purposes than a source of meat.