Should Family Guy and South Park be banned in the USA?

Asked by: ILoveCars
  • Yes, they should be banned permanently in the USA.

They both are cartoons that are a very offensive influence for kids under 20 (myself included). The only adult animation I'm watched to watch are Futurama, The Simpsons, ... Not FG or SP, though. But still, FG, SP, and Robot Chicken are a very, very bad influence even for adults.

• Yes, yes they should.

Family Guy and South Park has created very humorous and entertaining jokes for the audience, but sadly they are very offensive to viewers who take the television show too seriously. Yes, some of these so called humourous jokes can cross the line from time to time, to time, in which is why I strongly think these two specific television shows should be banned. Many viewers will miss South Park and Family Guy, providing the audience a giggle here and there, but I'll be glad that's off the air, unlike American Dad. Anyways! That'll be two less television shows that should be off air and that have been on too long and need and ending point. Oh and they also set a bad influence to children.

• This is insane!

Dont you relize how it impacts minds of children, mentally ill people, some sick n********** and also other ordinary people !? !? !?
    Shows like that should be banned! In Europe there is a term for this - its called hate speech and in some countries like Belgium its punished with prison!

• Yes they should be banned

The shows have no limit cap on what they show period. They attack religious deities with no respect for the people or belief, make light of aduse bit it from animals to women or children, the humor is lame and distasteful, they show so much junk that should be censored from tv. The creates don't seem to realize the big impression they have on a younger and more unstable audience that may desire to re enact scenes from the shows. The simple way to get it fixed is to removed this crap from the airways

• Yes these cartoons should be banned

These so called “cartoons” are just downright gauche! (very poor taste) And its not just family guy and south park either. The Simpson’s, American dad, and any others that fit into the category, though not quite as bad as FG and SP, are still very crude. Just like what the others have said, these shows have an absolutely toxic influence on not just our children, but on everyone. These shows put the emphasis on the stereotypes and misconceptions about what this world is. And that’s only the beginning. These shows poke disrespectful fun at anything and everything that must be taken seriously and with respect, including but not limited to - religion, race, our fellow man in general, and animals. Just to name a few. What’s ironic is that when I was younger (early teens) I actually enjoyed watching these shows. But as I grew, and began to really understand who I was and what these shows really stood for, I now take serious offense at them. I don’t know if whoever made these cartoons really meant for them to deliberately be offensive or not. I don’t understand how people out there find this mental sludge amusing and only see it as “harmless fun”. The point is that we really are what we eat. The more we are exposed to this stuff, the more we actually become what this stuff is. Its part of why today’s generation has become so misguided. Maybe it’s just a matter of taste but these programs must go. Overall, these so called “cartoons” have mawked, insulted, degraded, and blasphemed every moral, teaching, mindset, and value that I hold dear, as well as anything else I have liked. And for those on the other side of the argument that say this would be violating their constitutional rights, at the very least, if not ban the shows, make it so that they are only available by purchasing them by DVD or download through a limited number of retailers that sell only to those over a very strict age limit. That way they still get to see their shows but it will be kept away from our children and those who really don’t like it. (hopefully)

• Should Family Guy and South Park be banned in the USA

Its a very nasty, disgusting, and ill inform noneducational pile of shit that's self opinionated, dictating and anti religious, its just a low moral pile of garbage but what can you expect from a dirty nigger loving jew and no moral fucker, who thinks they are the smartest guys on the face of the planet because they don't believe in any thing that is pure and good and everyone else is stupid, because we believe in God and our Saviour, the day these fuckers die is the day they will learn the truth

• I think books show should be canceled because they are a negative influence on children.

Sometimes the shows like to make jokes about races and religions and that kids are easily influenced and I think whenever they see on TV is true and that's why it is a problem because kids my watch the show and think that it might represent the teachings of the church or how the system really works. I used to watch Family guy when I was younger and because of certain racist jokes I got in trouble a couple of times. There were times when I would accidentally blurt out a racist joke and thank heaven I didn't because I would have gotten into big trouble with people and my parents told me if I did say it to the person's face they probably would have kicked my butt. I was just a kid that time so they probably would have. I also have cousins who are black and half white and they mean a lot to me they were like sisters to me since birth and the lasts thing I want to do is hurt there feelings.

• Waste is detrimental

I have never watched those stupid programs. I hear only bad thing about them. Filthy jokes, sadistic and offensive things. Why would we let children watch such detrimental things? Learn them to do something else than wasting time. Don't teach them immorality, there is to much of it in society.

• This is insane!

• Yes these shows are intoxicating todays minds

I personally have never watched south park but family guy should be banned due to the fact that it is racist and in todays world that will not be tolerated my friend told me that her son's good friend was watching family guy and he refrences it and makes fun of the kids of different religions than him if the us dosent agree to ban it then they should at least make sure that parents of young children don't expose them to the foul language and rude actions done in the show

• Cross the line

It's extremely foolish to think something like this would even be effective. Three comedy geniuses and to epic shows which have stood the test of time despite it all. True comedy is knowing where the line is but deciding to cross it anyway. Mad? Then don't watch. Simple enough asshole?

• Cross the Line

Two great shows and three brilliant minds whose sole purpose was to say what every show or comedian are afraid to say while still making you laugh. They embody the essence of true humor. True comedians know where the line is but they are not afraid to cross it anyway.

• Not now, not ever!

These shows aren’t intoxicating for children, because they are NOT for children in the first place! Duh! It’s ignorant parents that don’t monitor what their kids watch. It’s not the show’s fault. Stop trying to ruin it.
    I am strongly against censorship. Banning cartoons are not the answer.

They’re not meant to educate, but SP has taught life lesson throughout episodes. People need to stop labeling them as evil. They are NOT deliberately racist or an6 other form of intolerance.

• Educational for children

Both these shows are constantly making fun of bad adult behavior. Look at the kids in southpark. They are handicapped, different races, different religions, different sexes. They make fun of each other but still they are friends. Its there parents that blow everything out of proportion. Just like in real society. Kids don't need protection from the real world they need real answers, the truth, and the tools to deal with.

• The First Amendment

These shows are offensive, they ridicule religion, they can be racist, and most of all, they are protected by the first amendment.
    Regardless what someone believes is right, or feels is moral, the thing that makes America great is the fact we can agree or disagree on shows like south park and family guy. Of course they should not be banned because free speech is free speech. If you are offended then don't watch these kind of shows. You have the right to not having to participate in the viewing just like they have the right to be on TV. If we banned them because of religion or political views then we wouldn't be the united states of America. We would be Trumprepublica, An Autocratic dictatorship that controls the media, forces people to be christians and simply bans things they don't like. We wouldn't be free protected by the first amendment. What makes America great is the fact we can protest, take a knee during the national anthem, disagree with the President and have the right to voice our views. That's what makes south park and family guy great!

• Important for Society

South Park produces social statements like no other show can. You will learn a lot more watching these cartoons than watching PBS. You learn about what real life is like. It also deals with things no other show can. They make jokes about religion, races, everything. It never singles out one group, it makes a point to make fun of everything.

• Ban the Bible, not South Park!

The bible is wayyyyy more offensive to children the south park. Shows like the 700 club are sending subliminal messages to your children! My kids are talking about stoning the poor kids on the block because they don't cut their hair in the biblical standard. Save the children! Next thing you, they're gonna think that Jesus was white!

• It's actually helpful

Shows like FG and SP help bring current events and issues to the minds of people that other wise wouldn't see these issues. People keep saying that FG is racist but they have an episode that shows how black people are still treated poorly and that they don't deserve that. These shows use crude humor to bring messages out to people.

• Umm wtf seriously😂😂

I honestly love South Park it's my favorite show and this is kinda stupid how people are talking about banning this show because we have bigger problems going in like ISIS, attack on Paris , school shootings , kid napping , rape , and so much more and we just have stupid people talking about banning a show like seriously just stop to all you parents saying it needs to be ban um no it doesn't just don't let your kids watch it that not that hard so y'all just need to chillll and if you just don't like the show then too fucking bad don't watch it you cant be banned this show it has so many views and so many people love it so to all you people who don't like it maybe you should go and try to make a bigger change than a tv show and stop worrying about stupid shit like this

• Umm wtf seriously😂😂