• Fast food should be banned!

Fast food should be banned firstly because it makes you obese, secondly it links to lots of medical problems like diabetes, and lastly lots of poor people buy it because it is cheap.

Fast food should be banned because it makes you obese.
    Fast foods are full of bad fats, and have very little nutritional value in them.
    Mac Donald’s says that their big Macs have 470 calories of fat in them when they actually have 590 calories of fat.
    It has chemicals in the food that are addictive and make people want more.
    That is only one reason why fast food should be banned.

Fast food should be banned because it links to lots of medical problems.
    Eating burgers and chips increases your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
    A young girl became paralyzed from her neck down after eating a chicken strip from KFC.
    Burgers have heaps of sugar in them.

Fast food should be banned because poor people buy it because it is cheap.
    Fast food stores are normally near where a poor places are or where poor people live.
    It cost the same amount of money to buy a normal dinner for your family.
    It is a waste of money.

In conclusion fast food should be banned because it makes you obese, it links to lots of medical problems, and poor people buy it because it is cheap. That is why fast food should be banned.

• Being fat is bad.

I say yes because I don't like obesity and fat people are consuming the world as well as consuming their own lives. Join me in thinking obesity is a problem and needs to be stopped. Soon one day the world will succumb to disease or obesity and the human race will be effected greatly.

• Fast Food is killing Americans!

People need to start eating healthy and STOP eating fatty! Now that money is so tight these days Dollar Menus are a booming business and so is obesity! These fast food companies are making billions on our hard earned dollar! But the craziest thing is we are not realizing how much we spend in a week on fast food! On top of that we cannot claim that on our taxes so that's $70 dollars a week on McDoubles and Fries. Just cause it's a dollar menu does not make it better! Obesity is at an all time high especially for kids and buying mighty kid meals is not helping just because they throw a pack of 4 apple slices in the box.

• Listen to my story

People sometimes die from fast food and they wont get tempted to eat it if its not there! People always make mistakes and we should help them walk away from mistakes. Fast food needs to be taken away because it ruins peoples lives. This country is mostly obese and that's horrible.

• It won't be missed if newer generations never try it.

Fast food can be extinguished in places like Britain and America where there is a clear problem with obesity, as if this addictive, but slow killer never grips people's taste buds, it won't be missed and there are healthier ways of making burgers at home. People who are short on money can get some good deals in stores like Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda or Morrisons, if they pick the right foods. These fast food restaurants will do well in LEDCs as they are cheap and the locals will need the extra weight due to starvation.

• Fast foods should be banned without any doubts !!

There are a lots of fast food industries all around the world . From all of this fast food industries , I would only consider a few as healthy fast food. One of the healthy fast food is Subway . The number of unhealthy fast food industries outnumbered the healthy fast food industries. This is sad but a true fact . Fast foods contains preservatives which could be indeed , poisoning to human body . Another major problem caused by fast foods are obesity.

• No they have a right to their crap

As does everyone. I just think good people should steer clear of such stupid crap. I definitely believe the buffoon in the middle deserves his own minstrel character (and I don't say that with any racial context). I say he deserves a minstrel show because he is stupid and the epitome of stupid!

• No to Fast food

It makes the US look like it's a place where people come to get fat. I hope in the future that if America is consumed by obese people that just sit around and eat fast food all day I'm going to high tail it up to either Japan or Denmark.

• Americans lack self-control.

By eliminating the choice, it will be easier to eat healthy. Americans have already proven to us that they cannot control themselves and "choose" to eat healthy on their own. They need help. Having no fast food would bring families together, by eating around the table, instead of separately in their car on the way to work. People will find time to make food, Americans always find a way to make time for food.

• Obesity is bad

I get that you have the choice of where to eat but children don't understand the bad chemicals and fats in fast food. Most childhood obesity is caused by fast foods! Also, adults eat fast food because the calories don't look so bad but the fat calories are. If fast food is ban the population of obese people will go down!

• Fast food is very helpful

Modern people do not have time to prepare food at home so it helps them save time. You can get tasty food to eat. Fast food companies provide jobs to many people so if it is banned many people may lose their jobs. Fast food takes very less time to be cooked.

• Fast FOOD SHOULD BE ILLEGAL AND BANNED

Argument 1-Fast foods should be banned without any doubts !! There are a lots of fast food industries all around the world . From all of this fast food industries , I would only consider a few as healthy fast food. One of the healthy fast food is Subway . The number of unhealthy fast food industries outnumbered the healthy fast food industries. This is sad but a true fact . Fast foods contains preservatives which could be indeed , poisoning to human body . Another major problem caused by fast foods are obesity[and that is the condition of being fat or overweighted.
    Argument 2-Mac Donald’s says that their big Macs have 470 calories of fat in them when they actually have 590 calories of fat.It has chemicals in the food that are addictive and make people want more.
    Argument 3-Fast food should be banned because it links to lots of medical problems.Eating burgers and chips increases your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.A young girl became paralyzed from her neck down after eating a chicken strip from KFC. Burgers have heaps of sugar in them.
    Argument 4-It causes more health issues than some drugs and it's more addicting than some drugs.

• There are plenty of other better solutions.

While there are good points on why it should be banned, the only reason why not banning fast food restaurants is that there are other solutions that can do the same job without removing such a staple element of society. Limit advertising. Limit the amount of shops per area. Anything but banning them. It will do the same job without gathering an angry mob of angry fast food consumers. You should encourage healthy eating even more, not force it

• As unhealthy as fast food is, freedom of choice wins out.

I don't eat fast food very often, and I am aware of how unhealthy it is. However, I feel people should be able to put whatever they want into their bodies, whether it be unhealthy food or drugs. I do think fast food industries should indeed put more research into making less harmful products and reducing fat, but people make a conscious choice to eat it knowing it's bad for them, so it's ultimately their responsibility to take care of their own health.

• No, were losing are freedom.

Gun control, health control, and food control?!?! All this ban is doing is telling us what we can and can't do. Now the government wants to be our mommy and tell us that we can't have a cookie before eating something healthy. Plus this isn't going to work. When Denmark had a fat tax the people switched to cheaper food, or they shopped somewhere else. When New York banned large sodas in restaurants,
    the people could buy two mediums, or a two liter of soda. We need to repeal this ban.

• Each person is responsible for their own actions

People are most definitely responsible for the choices they make. Yes, fast food is not doubt unhealthy for you almost all the time. But, in moderation, fast food can be helpful and sometimes quite enjoyable. Just because someone (or maybe lots of people) can't control themselves, does not mean people who can control themselves should be denied this treat.

• So Many Reasons

A. Cost - You almost always end up with extra, wasteful food when cooking at home which is also a waste of money. Fast food almost always comes at a lower price than home cooked meal.

B. Convenience - Fast food saves so much time compared to a home cooked meal, leaving more time for busy lives.

C. Health - Although the main disadvantage of fast food are health related, there are many healthier alternatives that are starting to appear on menus like McDonald's and Burger King.

D. Sustaining - Eating fast food satisfies hunger fast, it’s very filling.

E. It’s delicious - I don’t know about anybody else, but I LOVE chicken nuggets and French fries.

• Dont ban it

People should be able to eat what they want to eat. Yes, it is bad, but there are the people that dont care if its unhealthy. And you only get obese from it if you go EVERY DAY. There are people like me that go probably once a MONTH. Everything is good in moderation. Just because one person has to get sick, doesnt mean they should ruin it for the rest of us

• Why cant they

As unhealthy as fast food is, freedom of choice wins out. I don't eat fast food very often, and I am aware of how unhealthy it is. However, I feel people should be able to put whatever they want into their bodies, whether it be unhealthy food or drugs. I do think fast food industries should indeed put more research into making less harmful products and reducing fat, but people make a conscious choice to eat it knowing it's bad for them, so it's ultimately their responsibility to take care of their own health.

• No one is shoving it down your Throat!!!

Fast food should not be banned because it is not the companies fault that people abuse their products. By the logic most people are using to support their argument because they want it banned then we should ban prescription medicine because it is put out there without anyone knowing exactly what's in it just like Fast Food. Actually Fast Food companies are pretty much open books about what's in the food if you jut ask about it. These companies also employ a large portion of American citizens so banning their product will have a drastic affect on the economy. Fast food is a necessary part of our economy and culture now so we can't do without it we as a whole just need to take responsibility for our eating habits.

Anonymous says2013-05-24T12:33:21.393
This is a load of rubbish because ya know we all love chicken nuggets
Adam2 says2014-01-11T03:35:52.697
I meant to put my answer on no
KickerED says2014-10-29T22:02:48.033
When I was a kid I always wanted to see the burger, fries, drink, and toy. What is the big deal? Kids like fast food its what they enjoy…So I think this whole debate is just a waste of time. DO WHAT PEOPLE AND KIDS ENJOY!!!!