• Fast food should be banned!

Fast food should be banned firstly because it makes you obese, secondly it links to lots of medical problems like diabetes, and lastly lots of poor people buy it because it is cheap.

Fast food should be banned because it makes you obese.
    Fast foods are full of bad fats, and have very little nutritional value in them.
    Mac Donald’s says that their big Macs have 470 calories of fat in them when they actually have 590 calories of fat.
    It has chemicals in the food that are addictive and make people want more.
    That is only one reason why fast food should be banned.

Fast food should be banned because it links to lots of medical problems.
    Eating burgers and chips increases your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
    A young girl became paralyzed from her neck down after eating a chicken strip from KFC.
    Burgers have heaps of sugar in them.

Fast food should be banned because poor people buy it because it is cheap.
    Fast food stores are normally near where a poor places are or where poor people live.
    It cost the same amount of money to buy a normal dinner for your family.
    It is a waste of money.

In conclusion fast food should be banned because it makes you obese, it links to lots of medical problems, and poor people buy it because it is cheap. That is why fast food should be banned.

• Being fat is bad.

I say yes because I don't like obesity and fat people are consuming the world as well as consuming their own lives. Join me in thinking obesity is a problem and needs to be stopped. Soon one day the world will succumb to disease or obesity and the human race will be effected greatly.

• Listen to my story

People sometimes die from fast food and they wont get tempted to eat it if its not there! People always make mistakes and we should help them walk away from mistakes. Fast food needs to be taken away because it ruins peoples lives. This country is mostly obese and that's horrible.

• Fast Food is killing Americans!

People need to start eating healthy and STOP eating fatty! Now that money is so tight these days Dollar Menus are a booming business and so is obesity! These fast food companies are making billions on our hard earned dollar! But the craziest thing is we are not realizing how much we spend in a week on fast food! On top of that we cannot claim that on our taxes so that's $70 dollars a week on McDoubles and Fries. Just cause it's a dollar menu does not make it better! Obesity is at an all time high especially for kids and buying mighty kid meals is not helping just because they throw a pack of 4 apple slices in the box.

• I like potatoes

I LOVE BIG POTATOES because they are like the best thing to eat. I know that they make you fat but oh well i still love my potato chicken. Chicken is also good but they are treated bad because AMERICA DOES NOT GIVE ANY LOVE TO THEM instead they kill them

• It won't be missed if newer generations never try it.

Fast food can be extinguished in places like Britain and America where there is a clear problem with obesity, as if this addictive, but slow killer never grips people's taste buds, it won't be missed and there are healthier ways of making burgers at home. People who are short on money can get some good deals in stores like Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda or Morrisons, if they pick the right foods. These fast food restaurants will do well in LEDCs as they are cheap and the locals will need the extra weight due to starvation.

• Obesity is bad

I get that you have the choice of where to eat but children don't understand the bad chemicals and fats in fast food. Most childhood obesity is caused by fast foods! Also, adults eat fast food because the calories don't look so bad but the fat calories are. If fast food is ban the population of obese people will go down!

• No they have a right to their crap

As does everyone. I just think good people should steer clear of such stupid crap. I definitely believe the buffoon in the middle deserves his own minstrel character (and I don't say that with any racial context). I say he deserves a minstrel show because he is stupid and the epitome of stupid!

• Fast foods should be banned without any doubts !!

There are a lots of fast food industries all around the world . From all of this fast food industries , I would only consider a few as healthy fast food. One of the healthy fast food is Subway . The number of unhealthy fast food industries outnumbered the healthy fast food industries. This is sad but a true fact . Fast foods contains preservatives which could be indeed , poisoning to human body . Another major problem caused by fast foods are obesity.

• Obesity, Eating Healthier

Why do Americans eat fast food even they know it is unhealthy for them? I hear mainly that it is more convenient and cheaper. Well I have lived off of cooking for myself one time during the week and tops $30 with leftovers enough for the entire next week. Fast food is nothing but bad for you and your health. The worse is you start feeding it to your children at a young age and by the time they reach age 20 they are around 30 pounds over the average weight. So yes I think fast food should be banned. Maybe this will force Americans to start eating healthy and hopefully the kids of America will follow.

• Fast food is very helpful

Modern people do not have time to prepare food at home so it helps them save time. You can get tasty food to eat. Fast food companies provide jobs to many people so if it is banned many people may lose their jobs. Fast food takes very less time to be cooked.

• Fast FOOD SHOULD BE ILLEGAL AND BANNED

Argument 1-Fast foods should be banned without any doubts !! There are a lots of fast food industries all around the world . From all of this fast food industries , I would only consider a few as healthy fast food. One of the healthy fast food is Subway . The number of unhealthy fast food industries outnumbered the healthy fast food industries. This is sad but a true fact . Fast foods contains preservatives which could be indeed , poisoning to human body . Another major problem caused by fast foods are obesity[and that is the condition of being fat or overweighted.
    Argument 2-Mac Donald’s says that their big Macs have 470 calories of fat in them when they actually have 590 calories of fat.It has chemicals in the food that are addictive and make people want more.
    Argument 3-Fast food should be banned because it links to lots of medical problems.Eating burgers and chips increases your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.A young girl became paralyzed from her neck down after eating a chicken strip from KFC. Burgers have heaps of sugar in them.
    Argument 4-It causes more health issues than some drugs and it's more addicting than some drugs.

• So Many Reasons

A. Cost - You almost always end up with extra, wasteful food when cooking at home which is also a waste of money. Fast food almost always comes at a lower price than home cooked meal.

B. Convenience - Fast food saves so much time compared to a home cooked meal, leaving more time for busy lives.

C. Health - Although the main disadvantage of fast food are health related, there are many healthier alternatives that are starting to appear on menus like McDonald's and Burger King.

D. Sustaining - Eating fast food satisfies hunger fast, it’s very filling.

E. It’s delicious - I don’t know about anybody else, but I LOVE chicken nuggets and French fries.

• Each person is responsible for their own actions

People are most definitely responsible for the choices they make. Yes, fast food is not doubt unhealthy for you almost all the time. But, in moderation, fast food can be helpful and sometimes quite enjoyable. Just because someone (or maybe lots of people) can't control themselves, does not mean people who can control themselves should be denied this treat.

• There are plenty of other better solutions.

While there are good points on why it should be banned, the only reason why not banning fast food restaurants is that there are other solutions that can do the same job without removing such a staple element of society. Limit advertising. Limit the amount of shops per area. Anything but banning them. It will do the same job without gathering an angry mob of angry fast food consumers. You should encourage healthy eating even more, not force it

• No, were losing are freedom.

Gun control, health control, and food control?!?! All this ban is doing is telling us what we can and can't do. Now the government wants to be our mommy and tell us that we can't have a cookie before eating something healthy. Plus this isn't going to work. When Denmark had a fat tax the people switched to cheaper food, or they shopped somewhere else. When New York banned large sodas in restaurants,
    the people could buy two mediums, or a two liter of soda. We need to repeal this ban.

• It can be a treat

You have just been out and had a long, hard day's work. Actually all week you have been having a hard time. Everything is crammed into your mind. Finally you have finished your jobs. You haven't eaten properly, haven't drank enough water and not enough sleep. Ah ha! McDonalds just round the corner. A treat! Why not? You say. If you ban fast food, this is NO treat for you!

• For Fast Foods

1) Meals for on the go
    2) places for teenagers to AFFORD food
    3) it builds civilization

My top 3 reasons why fast food shouldn't be banned. Yes, when we think of fast foods its those greasy fries, flippin' burgers, & bottomless soda fountains. It sounds all unhealthy doesn't it? I will admit at first I did want fast foods to be banned then, thinking of the word FAST FOODS its really just food being able to served quickly to customers. However, it does lack of nutrition values for a person. Fast foods should not be banned, they just need to find ways HOW to cook a meal healthier & still be the joint selling food @ reasonable price. In addition, hungry teens obviously on a low budget go there for the cheap prices that are still clinging onto that $1 bill & fast foods attract them teeners + people in city/town (whatever) to make the place a bit more "exciting" or "entertaining" at least.

• As unhealthy as fast food is, freedom of choice wins out.

I don't eat fast food very often, and I am aware of how unhealthy it is. However, I feel people should be able to put whatever they want into their bodies, whether it be unhealthy food or drugs. I do think fast food industries should indeed put more research into making less harmful products and reducing fat, but people make a conscious choice to eat it knowing it's bad for them, so it's ultimately their responsibility to take care of their own health.

• No it should not

Fast food should not be banned because it is up to the consumer to make the decisions for themselves that will have their best interest at heart. Corporations cannot take responsibility for people that have no self disciple and cannot resist constant eating, even though they know its bad for them.

Anonymous says2013-05-24T12:33:21.393
This is a load of rubbish because ya know we all love chicken nuggets
Adam2 says2014-01-11T03:35:52.697
I meant to put my answer on no
KickerED says2014-10-29T22:02:48.033
When I was a kid I always wanted to see the burger, fries, drink, and toy. What is the big deal? Kids like fast food its what they enjoy…So I think this whole debate is just a waste of time. DO WHAT PEOPLE AND KIDS ENJOY!!!!