Should fast food companies print nutritional information on their products?

Asked by: harrison1193
  • Do you want McDonald's to be out of business?

If McDonald's put the nutrition labels on everything, they would be out of business because everyone would realize how bad it is for you. They would then have to put healthy ingredients in their food which will raise the price. Then, even though it's healthier, it will cost more and people won't want to go there.

• Yes because you need to tell people what's in their food.

If they said that it was good for you and it wasn't it could have a very negative affect. Like with McDonalds they don't really tell you how their chicken nuggets are made. It's not even real chicken it's a paste with chicken flavoring, that's why the nuggets all look the same.

• Shouldn't be mystery food

You should be able to make choices based on content instead of looks and taste. If you are going on a diet and you go to mcdonalds you shouldn't be able to use the excuse I didn't know to buy unhealthy food. Making them publicize what's in there would make it better when they don't want to show what's actually there.

• Isn't is obvious?

People want to know what they're eating. It isn't fair if they have no idea about what their food contains. Everyone should have a right to see what they're putting in their mouth. And I'm not just talking about allergins. I'm talking about every single thing in it, just like what is printed on groceries.

• Its bad effect

I think it would be a good idea if they print out the nutritional facts so that every one can imagine how harmful and unwanted these fast foods should be. Hahah this in fact could really help number of people who are interested to eat fast foods. It will very well inform them how worse could it be for them

Posted by: Wac
  • Information is Good

Generally speaking, more information is preferable to less information. Being well informed allows us to make better choices, which helps us to live healthier, fuller lives.
    [Tell me again why we need to have fifty word in order to submit an opinion. Should a concise opinion really considered invalid?] fifty

• Calorie counts are good!

Putting a calorie count on items bought at a fast food outlet are a very good thing! It shows the nutritional value and how many calories you eat in a meal. For example, if you're on a diet, and you can't eat more than 1,000 calories per day. The calorie count on a big mac will help you to plan out how many calories are in it, and how much of the calorie intake that will take up. I think it's a smart idea!

• More Than Nutrients

We all know fast food is the scourge of the food industry. They've gone from using not-chicken in their chicken nuggets, to reconstructing pork heart and labeling it as rib. (i'm looking at you, McRib) I believe that along with nutritional info, companies should be forced to say what part of the animal they are eating. If I'm eating pork heart, I have a right to know.

And surely they can afford the 5 inch box on food wrappers to print how much salt and fat you're putting through your liver. Maybe in a distant Utopian society they will tell us what farm the animals were fed their chemicals, and what factory they had their beaks burned off.

• It's not available to everybody

A lot of the major fast food chains are now looking to provide nutritional information on their websites, which is just not acceptable considering only about a third of the population has access to their websites and in turn their information. These fast food companies have not given a satisfactory amount of the population their nutritional information, eventually people will start suing them for not having the nutritional information readily available to the entire population in an appropriate place, WITH THE FOOD.

So I say that if fast food companies want to be sued in the future they should leave their current system in place because 33% of the population is just not enough.

• Yes yes yes

Gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy gvy

• If I wasn't an executive

I totally agree that they should as a natural consumer, but look at the damage to the company. When most of us were surprised at "Supersize me" a lot of us didn't want to eat anything from Mcdonalds again! This cut sales because most of us were just very ignorant, but calorie information would hurt that company. I'm not a corporate kissass but if you were in that company you wouldn't want such a thing. If people wanted to stay in reasonable health they would be shocked at the calorie content of even their health foods! This would again drive sales down because healthy people especially in other countries would just buy other food from somewhere else. I love informing the customers and I would say yes, but being an executive of the company it would hurt them a bit.

• It would be horrible in the long run

Although overall health would improve the economy would become even worse than it already is. Prices would become higher due to less people buying the food due to health risk. Also, due to less demand of the food people would be out of jobs, and let's be honest here healthy people wouldn't eat fast food in the first place so it would just make all the normal people feel bad for eating it.

• The cost of living will go up

If the fast food company's had the nutrition facts less people would buy it and then the food would cost more because the companies would change the ingredients to make it cost more which would cause a huge chain reaction and every things price would go up. It's a terrible idea to do this.

• Do you care

If I order food at a fast food joint and pay for my food would I not eat it if I knew what was in it. Knowing the calories would only make me feel bad after eating my burger. I would rather know my food was good and not worry about the calories.

• Hkkljllllljlnlnlnlnln blbjb hjk

More Than Nutrients We all know fast food is the scourge of the food industry. They've gone from using not-chicken in their chicken nuggets, to reconstructing pork heart and labeling it as rib. (i'm looking at you, McRib) I believe that along with nutritional info, companies should be forced to say what part of the animal they are eating. If I'm eating pork heart, I have a right to know.

• Hkkljllllljlnlnlnlnln blbjb hjk

• No no no no no

• They don't look

Most people don't even look at it he facts on anything and if they do they usually don't really care. If they wanted to do something that would change the way people but and eat, they could list the ingredients that are found in the food. Most companies list the wrong facts by using legal loopholes

• It's not necessary

On menus they show the calories now a lot more. Also if you ask for a menu showing the calories they give you one. It would be a waste of ink and would just not be necessary for this to happen. This would just be excess steps for no reason.