Should felons be able to vote after they serve their time (yes) or should a lifetime ban remain in place once convicted (no)?

• America's Dirty Little Secret

I wasn't aware that felons couldn't vote until two years ago, meaning I was 28 years old before I even realized this was something going on in our country. I believe felons should be allowed to vote, especially after they serve their time, but I think they should have the opportunity to vote while they're serving their time as well. I believe it is un-American to stop all these people from voting.

• Felons should be able to vote after they serve time.

Felons should be able to vote after they serve time. Taking the right to vote away should not even be an option. I think that everyone should be allowed and entitled to vote. If we start dictating and deciding rules to place on the voter then we are no longer the free America we were built to be.

• Felons should be able to vote after they serve their time.

Felons should have their civil rights restored after they have served their time. It is not fair to disenfranchise convicts for the rest of their lives if they have already paid their debt to society. Not allowing felons to vote for the rest of their lives is cruel and unnecessary.

• Put the onus on the punishment.

I think that becoming a felon should carry a huge penalty. A convicted felon should lose a ton of things that make life easy and happy but they should also have the abililty, if non violent, to get back to where they were before. Letting them vote again gives them hope.

• I believe that once felons serve their time, they should be able to vote again as long as they don’t commit more felonies.

I believe that once felons serve their time, they should be
    able to vote again as long as they don’t commit more felonies. It is actually easier than most people think
    to become a felon. I’ve known people who
    were attacked for no reason. They
    defended themselves and were charged with felony aggravated assault for
    fighting.