Should Felons Be Permitted to Vote While in Prison?

• They are people too

Just because they committed a crime does not mean they are inherently evil. They are Americans just like the rest of us and deserve to be treated that way. Just because you were caught using weed does not mean that you should be forced to revoke your rights as an American.

• They are people too

• Felons Are Still Citizens

For a long time I was not aware that felons were not allowed to vote. I was quite shocked to learn this and I personally believe that, even while in jail or prison, they should still be afforded the right to vote. Voting insures that our government is selected by the people and if we disallow large swaths of the community, we are not making the decision as a people.

• Felons should not vote in prison

Felons should not be allowed to vote in prison. There could be an argument made that if you've violated the rules of our democracy then you have given up your ability to participate in that democracy. However, there needs to be reform on who can or cannot vote AFTER being released from jail.