Should fine arts be required for middle school students?

• I Think that

People should be required to take a fine arts class because it builds confidence. And their are so many choices so that if you don,t like some things then you can do photography if you don't want to sing or play an instrument. I also would say that the people who take fine arts have a better study habit because of the practice schedule.

• I Think that

• People who are ARTISTIC

People who are artistic need these classes, not just art but choir and band. Those are different types of art, also writing would be one too! Art is important to most people because it is a way to express feelings, creativity and so much more! For a young child to experience creativity and express their feelings makes this child open to more things. Without art of any kind the world would be dull.

• People who are ARTISTIC

• It is amazing

My brother was forced to play trumpet because of a tradition. At first he hated it but then he grew so passionate about he practiced every night. And at the end of the school year he wanted to do it again. So I tried and I started playing the clarinet and I practice my song with my brother who helps me. So I think yes, YES, YES!

• Hu ehh dh

Stufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fj sj sj jjh hj h h h h h hn j gv fdu du h dh d sh edh dsh sd dh dsbh edn dn edn dnd dnd dnd dn dnd dnd dn dnd dnd dnd nd nd dnd dnd dndn dndndnd nd dnd dnd dnd dnd d

• Yes, we should

We should have performing arts classes. They help us develop character and emotions that we need in life. We might also learn that we like this subject. Even if a person don't want to participate in this class, then they will eventually like it and be more familiar. Even though dance or art might not be relevant to most life situations, we can easily fix that by applying what we learned from the subject.

• You never know.

Yes, forcing someone to do something can cause a hatred towards it, but many students don't realize it's something they can enjoy. They just need a push. I believe art teachers should give children creative freedom, not force them to draw a tree, or only do life drawing. Ya know?

• Its very important

It gives a child time to focus on something else, to go into a different state of mind and create, to talk to its viewers through their eyes and what they see. It can easily interest them by drawing or writing or even acting about something that they strongly agree with, which again they are expressing themselves in a way you cant get from a math or history class

• Yes, it's a class of self control

Art class is a class in which you learn self control. You can create something that's so different than everyone else's creation. In Math, you don't really get that satisfaction because everyone is doing the same equation, the same steps. In Art, it's all about you and your own creativity and mind. It gives people a sense of self control because it's your own creation and you can do with it however you want.

• A waist of time.

It takes time away from subjects a student is actually interested in like math, science, and engineering and stresses them out. Most people never use anything they learned in fine arts classes in real life or to get a job. Most people don't care if you were/are the best trumpet player in the middle school band.

• Unfair, really. C'mon.

I'm not saying we should let the students run rampant, but this is something they should have choice in. Something smaller. I believe more courses should be offered, but not as a mandatory subject. It'll just add stress to students who do not wish to participate, therefore lowering their grades in any other subjects.

• Noo!!! Why? Noo need

What if your not that type of artsy person and they force you into it then you eventually grow-up hating that thing for the rest of your life and it's all because of that "push" your parents/teachers gave you to be more artsy. Then it's like the hatred goes on.

• No never no art

Fdsfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdffffffffffff dd dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d hff f f f g g g g f f f f f f f ff d d d d d d

• Do not force it

I believe that you shouldn't force the students to do something they may not enjoy. Also, many of the students you are making do it won't even use it in the future. I do agree that it is important to many people, and it helps people through tough times, but that's them. Not every one will find that it is beneficial.

• Cause I i

Cause I I I I I I I I I I ii I I ii I I ii I I I I I I I I I I I I I ii I I I I I I I I I I I I ii I I ii ii I I i

• Nope! Absolutely not

At my school I am required to take a fine art, however they only offer theatre and art. I could spend my time pursuing something I am interested in. If I wanted to take theatre, I would check that box on my course selection. But I don't. I would rather pursue a history, math, business, or writing course. Writing exercises my left brain, right? Yes! So, why isn't it a fine art course?? Who knows! Anyways, if we are required to take a fine art, give us more selections (theatre,art, photography, creative writing, dance, sculpture, printmaking, etc.). I personally know that I do not want to pursue a fine art in my future. Yes, I know, some may say you don't know until you have tried, but I personally know MYSELF. I KNOW that i have stage fright and I know I have zero talent sketching or drawing, so why put me through a class I HATE? I also, understand the argument that they require a PE class. Then I am asked, WHY are you anti-fine art, but not anti-pe?? Well, you can take PE online, so clearly no one can make the argument that PE is for physical activity. I leave all you readers, one last question: Why am I required to take a fine art, and not a sport?

• Eh, not unless they want to

As much as I'm good at art, I hate to take classes for it and I absolutely dislike the fine arts being a requirement in my own school. It should be something kids take if they want to, art is kind of just a skill, not anything important except for getting a creative mindset.

• No no no no no never no

I don't think students should be required to take a performing arts class. It takes away the interest if students are forced to do something. Also, it takes time away from students to do more important homework. Ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gtggg g g g g g g g g g g g

• It is not fair to everyone

I do not think that it is fair for every kid in school is forced to do something they do not feel the need to do. It should be optional not mandatory. I think this would be the fair option to every kid in high school. So not it should not be forced.