Should fire fighters receive an increase in salary due to the dangers of their job?

• Firefighters should receive an increase in their salary

Fire fighters should definitely receive an increase in their salary because their job is extremely risky. Most other people going out to work everyday have nothing much to lose but in case of fire fighters every call they attend to is an emergency and every fire fighter completes their duty selflessly by forgetting about themselves.

• Firefighters increase in salary.

Fire fighters should definitely receive an increase in salary. They perform an essential role in the community. That which most of us are unable or unwilling to do. They run into danger and save people of their own free will. Increasing their salary is the least that could be done to show appreciation and respect for the job that they do.

• I believe firefighters should have increased salaries.

For all that firefighters do to help people and the community, I'm surprise they are not paid more. These men and women put their lives on the line every time they go into a fire to stop fires and save the people and animals inside, and I think raising their salaries is a needed change.

• Support our firefighters

Yes, fire fighters should receive an increase in salary due to the dangers of their job. Fire fighters put themselves on the line every day to protect us. There is no way to put a price on the safety and security we enjoy because of their sacrifices. The same can be said for several other occupations.

• Nope Nope Nope

This is the same sort of argument as "Should soldiers be paid more due to the dangers of their job?". The answer to both is no. They got into the job knowing the risks, and they are willing to take those risks for the money they're paid. I have the utmost respect for those who protect and serve us, however I don't feel a salary rise is necessary, especially considering they're paid almost twice the national average ($48,000 in the U.S). Here in the U.K they're paid substantially less ($33,000)