• If firefighters are not considered veterans, then what are they

Firefighters/Medics see the and fight a battle everyday.
    They are subjected to human cassuaultees, trauma and post stress syndromes as soldiers of the streets.
    They suffer horrific injures and have little benefits that vetrans acquirre. I know, my injuries have destryed my life as it was. The only thing I ask for is help, it's no there. Why

• Not according to the OED

The Oxford English Dictionary defines a veteran as "n. One who has had long experience [related to warfare]; an old soldier." Since a firefighter does not engage in military action or warfare, they should not be considered a veteran, unless that person was performing their job in a war zone.

• Not according to the OED