• Freedom in the USA

Its not just a flag, its a flag of freedom, justice. If you don't like it then you need to get out of the USA. Because this is our sign to say we are free. Its more then a flag with stars and stripes. Also we have a law against flag burning so yeah. And if i am a 9th grade high school student and i fell this way you should to.

• The American Flag is something to be honored!

The Flag of America should be honored in every way possible. You voice your disapproval of the government without burning the flag. The Flag represents the nation. Disrespect the the Flag and you disrespect the nation. If you do not like America, find a different country to live in. The Flag was created by our Founding Fathers. It is something to be treasured!!

• Flag Burning is Wrong

Flag burning is wrong because when you burn the flag you are disrespecting it. Hundreds of people have died for that flag and if I die for it I don't want to know that there are people out there burning what I was fighting for just because they are angry and want to protest. "All gave some, some gave all" respect those who have fought and died for your freedoms, and stop burning the flag. Go burn someone else's flag! This is America!

• Flag Burning is Wrong

• I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag.....

Flag burning should be illegal because the Flag is a symbol of the United States. If you don't like America then just f**ing leave. You can't accept the flag then you are just a pathetic b**** and just a hater. You are never going to get on in life if you do not accept the flag.

• Flag burning stop

You don't like United States leave. Make burning our flag illegal.... Its my tax rights!!!!! Protect our country...And the ones that died for us! Who's in control....Do it now...It's not right for the one's who lost their life....Do it now please. Really...Scared say so Mr president..Be a man not a

• Flag burning stop

• This is so wrong in many ways.

There are tons of men and women over seas fighting for this flag. The United States Government is to ignorant to stand up for our mean and women to stand up for our soldiers over seas. It is a lot of disrespect to this great country as well! Why you burn American flag and not go to jail for it.

• Flag Burning is Wrong

We need an amendment because hundreds of thousands of Americans have died for this flag and all it stands for. Even more people believe that it is the symbol of our freedoms that define The United States of America. Flag burning is wrong therefore it should be banned! No flag burning!

• Flag burning is disrespectful

Why would you burn the American flag? It is disrespectful to the veterans and loved ones who lost their life or fought to keep our freedom and the flag should be respected. People who burn the American flag or are okay with it is un-American. Show some respect to America and its important symbol.

• Don't Tread on Me!

Would you burn the constitution? What about the White House? How about the Statue of Liberty? What makes the flag so different? NOTHING! Its a symbol of our country and therefore should be protected in one way or another. It's a flag that represents your country. If you don't like it here then just shut your mouth and deal with it in a sane way or move. If your reason is that its your freedom of expression then its just ignorant because you are burning something that represents your freedom of expression.

• Just a piece of fabric

Nothing is wrong with burning fabric.
    A bunch of Stars and Stripes means nothing.
    It violates peoples freedoms if they are not allowed to
    Burn a piece of fabric.
    I actually laughed the first time I saw the flag code
    because it was so silly that you have to retire a flag after it touches
    the ground. Flag burning should be legal.

• "Symbol of your country" doesn't mean anything

As someone who has sworn to protect the constitution of the United States, a lot of the rhetoric used to criminalize the flag's burning is unfounded. The burning of the flag is a right of any citizens discontent with their government or any part of it. The flag of the US not only has been a symbol of freedom and peace, but a symbol of corruption, hypocrisy and tyranny as well. Ultimately, its the actions of the people and the leaders that make a country great, not a piece of fabric. People should take more offense with the poor state their country is in rather than someone burning a flag.

• It goes against freedom of speech.

I think the flag should not be burned, but they shouldn't pass an amendment on it. After all, burning the American flag is part of freedom of speech. That should be protected. However, there are other ways to express your feelings than burning the flag, such as writing a letter or sending an email to Congress. These alternatives are much more respectful and peaceful than burning the flag.

• Don't believe the soldiers lie

I have heard the argument that soldiers died for the flag, that they died for freedom and so on. However, if we look critically at these claims they are not as straight forward. Considering that our freedoms are more in danger as result of war and therefore the soldier, I see no need to respect what they allegedly fought for more than anything else. Beyond that, pushing this senseless form of nationalism is damaging to intellectualism, which as you can see from the "yes" side is severely lacking.

• Since when is being offensive illegal?

Next time i see something on television that offends me or my family i should bring them to justice right? Wtf is wrong with people thinking it should be ILLEGAL to express your opinions. WE the PEOPLE have the power in this country, the only problem is nobody wants to get organized and do anything about our corrupt system. I'll burn any flag i feel i want to burn.

• Freedom of expression

Flag burning is a democratic right to freedom of expression and speech, especially against a system that people feel strongly against. If you want to uphold democratic principles, then flag burning should be considered under this guise. Burning the flag because you feel anger towards a particular system is no different to not voting, because you feel that it is pointless. It's your individual right to do so.

• As long as it isn't infringing on anyone's rights, go for it.

Based one all the other reactions of pro and con, I'll have to assume by "flag" you mean the American one. Well in that case, I'm completely fine with someone wanting to set it on fire. Not because I hate America, but because it's their right to do so.

People complain about it being offensive, and indeed it is, but if we started making laws on what "offends" people... Well, this wouldn't be a very free country any more now would it? We wouldn't have nearly the same amount of freedoms, because most of the things people find offensive revolves around the first amendment. So.. Flag burning. If the person doing it doesn't intend to harm anyone, and it's their own property, then they should be allowed to burn it.

• It's Just a Flag

Why get all riled up over a cloth with stars and stripes on it. It's just a flag! Sure it's a symbol of the country, but it's not like every time a flag is burned an American dies. The first amendment guaranties the right to freedom of expression, and though I personally wouldn't burn a flag of a country unless it was actually the citizens fault (I'd rather burn the flag of the government) It is people's right to express themselves.