Should foreign individuals be allowed to purchase large amounts of stock in American corporations?

• I Suppose So

I suppose foreign individuals should be allowed to purchase large amounts of stock in American corporations. It is clear that a large swath of the American population couldn't afford to buy large quantities even if they wanted to do so. I hope they aren't too disappointed when the whole thing crashes.

• Foriegn nationals should be allowed to play American markets and purchase stock in American companies.

With the ever connected and interwined nature of the world, not allowing foreign indivuals to purchase American comoany stocks is a bad idea. This restricts the amount of money coming in and out of the markets and means those foreign investors will take their money elsewhere, placing the American economy behind the eight-ball.

• It brings peace.

Yes, foreign individuals should be allowed to purchase large amounts of stock in American corporations, because if foreigners own a lot of our stock they will want our country to do well. China is not going to want to start a war with us if they own all of our businesses. This is good business for the entire world.

• No they shouldn't

Unless it is bringing money into OUR economy in some way, I say no. If they are taking large amounts of our stocks, it's great while they have the money invested, but what happens when they take their money out? If their investment is a large one, we lose out on alot of our money that could have been used here in America