Should foreign languages be allowed in middle schools?

• Of course it should

Obviously, one day later in the life of children they will defiantly go to that place in the world where people do not speak their initial language.It is better to learn to learn to speak those languages now than to stress yourself in the future trying to understand the languages through a translation dictionary.

• Of course it should

• Of course it should

• Of course it should

• Yes they should

Middle schools need foreign languages so kids can speak to chinese people, understand other cultures, and experience diversity at a younger age. Also its better for kids to learn new languages at young ages because it will stick with them and they dont have to learn it later on in life

• Saying no is ridiculous

It’s one thing to decide against having your child learn a second language, but it’s completely different to say foreign languages should not even be allowed in middle school. Why is this even a question? That said, it’s also beneficial to learn languages early for a lot of reasons, which includes improving English grammar skills. Kids forget second languages sometimes because they only get a tiny amount of exposure in school. They would benefit from learning in the language 25-50% of the time. Once you learn some basic concepts, math is easy to practice in a second language.

• Being bilingual builds your brain

Speaking two languages is good for you and can be very useful later in life. There are collages in Germany that will give scholarships to students from other countries just because they are fluent. It also drives me crazy how people will assume what language you speak based on how you look and sound. I grew up speaking Spanish and English but have no Hispanic family and people are always really surprised when I tell them I speak Spanish. Just the other day someone spoke about me to their friend in Spanish while I was standing right there and I got really mad.

• I don't want to say this. :(

I Have to say no for a debate so no because it should be in high school only because it will be much easier to learn and and they will learn it quicker because kids in high school will have a much better memory so if in middle school they will forget the language much more easily because they are so young and have technology and other things to distract them from learning the required language. And If a child in middle school tries to learn a language they might learn the word wrong and memorize it wrong and if they speak to a person of that ethnicity and might insult that person.

• Yes yes and yes

Because it could help in the future like you might wanna go and connect with your heritage and your back ground with you culture like you might need to learn a language so you can connect with your ancestors. Or might want to travel in the future to foreign countries and in order to understand it there you need to know how to speak that countries language

• Yes ! Totally! Absolutely! Definitely! :D Just ... Not Forced. :/

The Students Should Be Able To Learn A Foreign Language , But Not Forced To , Such As In Middle School You Should Be Able To Choose Your Classes Each Quarter , But P.E HAS To Be Part Of Their Schedule!
    Anyway , I Think That They Should Be Allowed To Learn A Foreign Language.

• I don't want to say this. :(

• Yes They Should Be

Foreign languages should be allowed in middle schools.I believe that if a student wants to learn more, they should be allowed to do so, but learning a foreign language should not be forced upon students if they do not wish to learn one.In Europe, English and other foreign languages are taught and required. The more languages that a person can learn, the more opportunities that person will have.

• I don't want to say this. :(

• You are most likely not going to travel to the country of the language you learned.

Do you really think that middle schoolers are going to travel to the exact country that thee language they learned is spoken in? There is little to no chance of that! Even if you do travel to the country where your language you learned is spoken, it's still a waste of time learning a whole language for one trip.

• I should know.

I am in middle school currently, and let me tell you, that the majority of kids my age will not willingly pay attention to the class. Plus the majority of kids in my school who have grown up speaking English, cannot speak their first language correctly. Kids will not take the class seriously, and slack off. It would certainly be helpful to the community to learn foreign languages, but none of the kids my age would take the class seriously.