Should foreign languages be allowed in middle schools?

• Saying no is ridiculous

It’s one thing to decide against having your child learn a second language, but it’s completely different to say foreign languages should not even be allowed in middle school. Why is this even a question? That said, it’s also beneficial to learn languages early for a lot of reasons, which includes improving English grammar skills. Kids forget second languages sometimes because they only get a tiny amount of exposure in school. They would benefit from learning in the language 25-50% of the time. Once you learn some basic concepts, math is easy to practice in a second language.

• Being bilingual builds your brain

Speaking two languages is good for you and can be very useful later in life. There are collages in Germany that will give scholarships to students from other countries just because they are fluent. It also drives me crazy how people will assume what language you speak based on how you look and sound. I grew up speaking Spanish and English but have no Hispanic family and people are always really surprised when I tell them I speak Spanish. Just the other day someone spoke about me to their friend in Spanish while I was standing right there and I got really mad.

• I don't want to say this. :(

I Have to say no for a debate so no because it should be in high school only because it will be much easier to learn and and they will learn it quicker because kids in high school will have a much better memory so if in middle school they will forget the language much more easily because they are so young and have technology and other things to distract them from learning the required language. And If a child in middle school tries to learn a language they might learn the word wrong and memorize it wrong and if they speak to a person of that ethnicity and might insult that person.

• Yes yes and yes

Because it could help in the future like you might wanna go and connect with your heritage and your back ground with you culture like you might need to learn a language so you can connect with your ancestors. Or might want to travel in the future to foreign countries and in order to understand it there you need to know how to speak that countries language

• Yes ! Totally! Absolutely! Definitely! :D Just ... Not Forced. :/

The Students Should Be Able To Learn A Foreign Language , But Not Forced To , Such As In Middle School You Should Be Able To Choose Your Classes Each Quarter , But P.E HAS To Be Part Of Their Schedule!
    Anyway , I Think That They Should Be Allowed To Learn A Foreign Language.

• Yes They Should Be

Foreign languages should be allowed in middle schools.I believe that if a student wants to learn more, they should be allowed to do so, but learning a foreign language should not be forced upon students if they do not wish to learn one.In Europe, English and other foreign languages are taught and required. The more languages that a person can learn, the more opportunities that person will have.

• Sure, nothing wrong with it.

Why shouldn't there be foreign languages in middle school? The world is a big place and learning languages when we are young is better than trying to do so later in life. We should give the option to our students to try and learn something that could prove to be useful in the future, and it is very nice to know more than one language.

• Yes! Yes! Yes!

Because this can help children in their future... For example when they travel to places they would be like if they knew everything also this would help them in the future to get a career.. What about if they need to go to another place to work..SEE...YES That is why!

• It is an inspiring experience.

When children grow up they may need to know foreign languages to get jobs. They can also have a lot of fun. Another reason they should be there is because foreign languages can be good if you go to a foreign place so you will know how to speak like the other people in that foreign place.

• Yes, It's for the best,

In a world with so many languages, kids can only be helped by learning another. In fact, middle school is late to start compared to most countries, and I believe it should even start sooner. That being said, by the time the student reaches a certain level, they should have the right to choose to continue or not. However, languages should be started as early as possible, and middle school isn't even that early.

• I don't want to say this. :(

• Yes They Should Be

• I don't want to say this. :(