• Absolutely! Take back our TV!

It is hard enough to raise children with morals in our society. The progressive acceptance of foul language not only corrupts the mind but also the ability to effectively communicate. Repeated use of these words also devalues the person and causes indirect stress to the listener. Overtime the words too lose their emphasis because they have been so over used.

• IT should be banned

I think that it should be banned on tv because kids are are getting influenced to swear. I now they will hear it at school or out of school but deos not mean they should swear because it's on tv so that is why i think that it should be banned on tv

• IT should be banned

• Yes it should

Younger kids are watching television and it is teaching them wrong yahoo it might be a part of life but its not right for your kids to go around cussing
    if I was there parent I would not want that to be on television not if it was my child

• At certain times it should.

As people have different ideas about which words are or are not offensive, it is good to restrict the use of such words during day time. Also, some scriptwriters can be lazy and just throw swear words in for cheap laughs. They can be heard during nighttime shows on some networks, but daytime TV has a more general audience so there is good reason for restricting it. .

• Of course it should be banned from TV.

People get quite influenced by what their friends and parents do, but they also get influenced what they see in their daily lives after a while depending on how their views are. If we allow cussing on TV, people are more likely to cuss, and more likely to cuss and insult at the person they are mad at, whether it's work, school, college, home, etc. Not only does that cause more trouble, but also does it hurt relationships. One thing to keep in mind is that it takes a long time to build a nice, strong true friendship with real trust, but it takes only a few seconds to destroy it. After it's destroyed, it's almost impossible to eventually get back to the way they were before.

• I guess so

Having said that though, I don't think that the banishment of only one type of wrong thing would really make a difference in the morally rightness on TV, when you've still got sex, drugs, etc out there. But I guess it's a start.
    Btw, what is considered 'foul language' for this debate, it should be more specific

• Regulations are old fashioned.

Banning it is stupid and a waste of time - kids will hear it at school and other places, and is it really a big deal?. People are less hung up about swearing now, including most parents, so the regulations are outdated and not needed. It should be up to the networks to decide, whatever the time of day. Imagine how much better shows like the Simpsons would be - because people like Bart and Homer would swear liked troopers if they existed in real life! Instead of moaning, people who don't like it can switch over. After a while, most of them will see it is not a problem.

• Foul Language Should Not Be Banned

No, foul language should not be banned from TV as foul language is a part of the right to free speech. Certainly, individual networks should be able to choose whether or not to air foul langauge or to "bleep" it, but that should be the right of the network, not the government.

• As long as TV is rated, fould language should stay

Foul language is apart of life. People use it in appropriate and inappropriate ways daily. Foul language should not be banned from TV because it limits the development of characterization of TV Characters. TV should be properly rated and parents should be aware of what the rating of shows their children watch are, but to ban all foul language from TV stifles creativity.