Should Fox News be considered an opinions network rather than a news network?

• Disgusting, despicable, delirious

I try my best to be impartial and look at both sides. Im a liberal but would always want to give myself some enlightenment of what conservative view points are and imagine where they are coming from. What I see in Fox are opinions that are just so hard to swallow I cant wrap around my head their ratings are so high. Makes me scared of being a liberal out there.

• All news stories contain opinion.

There is rarely actual news on Fox News. If they were a news outlet, they would report everything including messes made by Trump, his cronies and their staff, international news no matter how it affects their viewers, crimes not involving the gun debate, etc. instead they stick to nationalism, White House spin, talking points and at times when ratings falter, outright fiction.

• All news stories contain opinion.

• FOX is not NEWS.

FOX is not NEWS. It is a bias "red meat" that touches those who are angry about how their lives have turned out. It is bias towards blaming others and covering stories that will agree with its listeners. FOX currently is being caught in its own lies with the current Trump Administration and is having to dance around the slow unraveling of the actual arrests being made. FOX cannot be trusted and with the firing of even its CEO and O'Reilly....FOX is a toxic environment.

• FOX diehards does not watch other neutral shows

Most my friends who watch FOX NEWS say PBS and BBC are liberal shows. That FOX is the only neutral unbiased station

I simply ask anyone this question around politics

Do you watch Sean Hannity. If they say yes I say let’s change the subject or if they can’t I justvwalk away to enjoy my life

• They use a 'entertainment only' disclaimer

Just ask founder. Ailes himself has at times suggested that Fox News is in the entertainment, not news, business. Ailes told The Hollywood Reporter in 2015 that he does not consider the other basic cable news channels — CNN and MSNBC — to be Fox’s competitors.

“We’re competing with TNT and USA and ESPN,” he said.

Enough said...

• Entertainment at best

A subscription to Fox News is now viewed by many as tantamount to being ignorant and misinformed. Multiple sources point out that, of the big news providers, this one's claims most often turn out to be lies, half truths and innuendos - by far. This wouldn't be such a problem if the majority of their fan base would give equal time to other news sources.

• Yes. Its just rambling stories for ratings.

Just like their "eye candy" news ladies, they will do anything for ratings. They report 5 minutes of news fact, and then spend the next month giving opinion about it. I used to thin kit was a good station, but have now quit watching. It got old, and boring fast.

• For Obvious Reasons

When I hear the word "news" I think of factual, recent, important information. That is not what the current "news" is; but viewers/readers want to see it! A possible happy medium in this situation could be a break in the media between "News" and "Opinion Networks", or even "Entertainment". Maybe then I'd watch the News without cringing in my chair.

• For obvious reasons

• No, Fox News is not biased.

The problem with people today is that they are so used to all the left-wing garbage coming out of like every other news channel, that they thinkn that anything that doesn't view Obama as the messiah is right-wing, conservative propaganda. The simple fact is, is that Fox News isn't right-wing, it's just less left-wing that the greenpeace channels like CNN or MSNBC.

• Fox is refreshing for a change.

The main stream media is and has always been left wing biased. Without a doubt. At least fox tells the other side of things and informs public of things the other media outlets won't due to their liberal bias. Fox puts all the other networks to shame in the ratings too. GO FOX !!!

• It's an alternate outlet for those who disagree with the liberal establishment media.

Just because Fox News does not slant left like all of the other news outlets does NOT mean they represent the minority "opinion" of US citizens - just the minority opinion of the establishment media.

Fox News has higher ratings than most of the liberal news outlets COMBINED. What they do resonates with a large percentage of common-sense Americans.

Yes, there ARE "opinion-driven" shows on Fox......O'Reilly, Hannity, etc. However, there are ALSO "opinion-driven" shows on OTHER networks that ARE considered (by the left) to be "hard news" networks....Maddow, Morgan, Matthews, etc