Should Fox News be considered an opinions network rather than a news network?

• Entertainment at best

A subscription to Fox News is now viewed by many as tantamount to being ignorant and misinformed. Multiple sources point out that, of the big news providers, this one's claims most often turn out to be lies, half truths and innuendos - by far. This wouldn't be such a problem if the majority of their fan base would give equal time to other news sources.

• Yes. Its just rambling stories for ratings.

Just like their "eye candy" news ladies, they will do anything for ratings. They report 5 minutes of news fact, and then spend the next month giving opinion about it. I used to thin kit was a good station, but have now quit watching. It got old, and boring fast.

• For Obvious Reasons

When I hear the word "news" I think of factual, recent, important information. That is not what the current "news" is; but viewers/readers want to see it! A possible happy medium in this situation could be a break in the media between "News" and "Opinion Networks", or even "Entertainment". Maybe then I'd watch the News without cringing in my chair.

• For obvious reasons

• Yes, it should.

The question is whether Fox News should be labeled as an opinions network, and it should be, and that's that. I'll show Fox News the amount of respect Hannity shows his guests. The show is a disgrace to America and anyone who honestly believes that the show isn't just childish and embarassing should be administered an IQ exam, I'd love to see the results.

• Just like "reality" tv...Not real

Fox "news" is well known for it's biased reporting......Old news.....Just as other stations are biased in the other direction. However, the difference is stations like MSNBC, for example, list their sources for viewers to check if they so choose and also have staff and guests who represent the opposite view so as to have a bit more balanced debate. FOX spins and makes outrageous comments to incite without any credible sources. Their recent comments regarding Robin Williams are a prime example. Shameful! I view them, and others like them, as a hate mongering shows that have no right to represent themselves as news reporters.

• Yes, Fox News is heavily biased towards conservatives.

Fox News is heavily biased towards the conservatives and other parts of the audience it is targeted towards. Their reporting is skewed towards this and the opinion panels even more. Instead of focusing on the facts, they are trying to spin the news for their agenda. For this reason they should be considered opinion rather a real news network.

• Yes, but only if other stations are treated the same

It's not exactly a secret that Fox News is a blatant mouthpiece of the American conservative agenda, and is regarded as such throughout the country. Whether you appreciate or abhor their angle, what they're doing isn't much different from CNN or MSNBC or any news network, which are themselves mouthpieces for corporate and political propaganda. If we're going to put the heat on Fox News, let's make sure to apply it to all those other corrupt news organizations as well.

• No, Fox News is not biased.

The problem with people today is that they are so used to all the left-wing garbage coming out of like every other news channel, that they thinkn that anything that doesn't view Obama as the messiah is right-wing, conservative propaganda. The simple fact is, is that Fox News isn't right-wing, it's just less left-wing that the greenpeace channels like CNN or MSNBC.

• Fox is refreshing for a change.

The main stream media is and has always been left wing biased. Without a doubt. At least fox tells the other side of things and informs public of things the other media outlets won't due to their liberal bias. Fox puts all the other networks to shame in the ratings too. GO FOX !!!

• It's an alternate outlet for those who disagree with the liberal establishment media.

Just because Fox News does not slant left like all of the other news outlets does NOT mean they represent the minority "opinion" of US citizens - just the minority opinion of the establishment media.

Fox News has higher ratings than most of the liberal news outlets COMBINED. What they do resonates with a large percentage of common-sense Americans.

Yes, there ARE "opinion-driven" shows on Fox......O'Reilly, Hannity, etc. However, there are ALSO "opinion-driven" shows on OTHER networks that ARE considered (by the left) to be "hard news" networks....Maddow, Morgan, Matthews, etc