• Yes, unrealistic beauty standards are hurting women all over the world.

Bulimia, anorexia and depression are only some of the problems that unrealistic beauty standards bring upon women. Right now there are teenagers starving themselves, eating and throwing up trying to look like those supermodels. By hiring more "real" size models we can help a lot of girls to accept, care for and love themselves.

• Yes I agree

I think there is a "too thin" in the modeling world, obviously, and it is dangerous to force male and female models to comply to such standards. So I agree with having a minimum BMI, as France does. Often the models are very young and starving themselves, or worse, is very dangerous.

• France is looking out for the health of the people

Too thin models come across as unhealthy and because they are the face of fashion, many people may try to achieve this standard via unhelathy methods, such as anorexia or bulimia. France is not being unreasonable here by stating that modeling agencies cannot hire a model until they provide a physician's note saying they have a BMI of at least 18. A BMI of 18 still means you are very underweight but this is considered acceptable under medical standards. I think this is a step in the right direction for the face of fashion and appealing to the mass population.

• Just as good as plus sized.

Anorexia and bulimia only stems from people telling kids that thin is the only option. As long as all or at least most body types are represented, it will be less likely for kids to get eating disorders. When people say thin models aren't real, then what are they? Aliens? Every body type is real and as long as kids know that, there won't be a problem

• This is discrimination!

It's quite bad actually to say yes, and I'm impressed by how many people said yes. You can't and you shouldn't just ban someone for their physical aspect, it does count a lot in modelling, but say that a thin model has way better attitude and better movement than someone with more weight. In my opinion, it should be the stylist and the designer to decide who should wear their clothes, and it's so bad to generalise this way!

• No one should be turned away for their size!

I believe that France denying thin people the right to model is the same as other countries primarily keeping those with bigger body statures from doing the same. Every body is shaped differently and no one should be turned away for the way their body naturally looks. I believe that all people should have the ability to model: heavy, curvy, thin, tall, short. If they is a desire and talent for modeling it should be allowed to be met. If people are unhealthy then I think not allowing them to model is one thing and they should be given the proper avenues for regaining weight, but if they are simply built thin then they should be given as equal an opportunity as anyone else.