Should fraternities and Greek life be banned in universities?

• Children die in them.

Yes, fraternities and Greek life should be banned in universities, because no parent wants to get a phone call in the middle of the night that their child died of an alcohol overdose or some other fraternity pledge prank. Students should focus on their studies, rather than spending their parent's money to join partying clubs.

• An old antiquated classist system of socializing

Anyone that's ever been a Greek life party at their university knows there are few things more clinched than beer stands and other forms of excessive alcohol consumption. Universities are increasingly becoming more like social outlets for the rich and famous rather than places of established scholarship. A step like banning Greek life would go a long way into destroying the ultimate pointlessess of potentially years of one's ife.

• Yes, frats and Greek life should be banned from universities.

I think that the benefits of such clubs are to no positive influence among anybody who joins them. They create a culture in colleges and universities of irresponsibly and problems. I think that when universities do not do enough to set regulations on these clubs, it only makes it seem like they endorse such entities.

• No Fraternities should not be banned.

Fraternities are not all just an outlet to have bigger parties and be able to get away with it. I will give you that some are, but not all of them. Truthfully the one I'm in is more focused on getting good grades and giving back to the campus and the community. It really depends on the campus the fraternity is on. All fraternities on this smaller campus are more devoted to grades and service than anything else.

• No Fraternities should not be banned.

• No, I don't believe fraternties and greek life should be banned from universities.

I believe that fraternities provide a meaingful experience to those who wish to join them, I don't believe they should be banned, the only way I could support them being banned is if they committed a act that violated a clear set of guidelines that the university has set for them.

• Could Be Diciplined Better Though

Many of the college students who join fraternities seem to loose track of how they were raised. Especially, the fraternities where their parents were some kind of folk hero. They seem like a bunch of spoiled rich kids who need a spanking. The next time someone from one of these fraternities gets in trouble, the university needs to punish the whole fraternity. That way, the fraternity will discipline itself in the future.