• Gandhi is one of the GREATS!

Gandhi lead people to do what was right while he wasn't selfless. He sacrificed his profession, his time, and his body for the people. He was intelligent but he used his intelligence to its full potential for other people instead of hiding his talents so the world would never know he existed. Many were inspired by Gandhi and he deserves the title of hero because of his selfless sacrifice for the people.

• Gandhi is one of the GREATS!

• Yes, he is a hero

Gandhi influenced many more heroes, such as Martin Luther King, Jr. And Nelson Mandela. If it weren't for Gandhi influencing Martin Luther King Jr, America would still most likely be segregated. Gandhi also stood up to Great Britain, which was one of the most influential and powerful countries/ empires at the time

• He was Peaceful

He inspired many people such as Mandela and MLK Jr. If he didn't influence MLK, the U.S would most likely still be segregated. He was also brave and determined. He fought for what was right. He also stood up toone of the biggest powers in the world at the time.

• Hes a great leader

He took everyhing into his own hands ,he taught people the ways of being hindu and b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b. B b b senpai

• Ofcourse he is a Hero.

Gandhi is a hero. The definition of hero is someone with great strength or courage and I believe Gandhi possessed those qualities. He fought for what he believed in with strength and courage and that makes him a hero in my book. He inspired many people during a time when they desperately needed someone to believe in and that also makes him a hero. If someone says he is not a hero then probably your hero is someone like Hitler.

• Yes. He is

He's inspired many people. Even teens to this day use his quotes. He has touched people of many ages, teachers, teens. Regardless of who someone is they know him and use his knowledge in times of need, ( Lots of my friends even use his knowledge and wisdom.) . .

• Worlds idol amazing

He is amazing he helped Indians have world independence. And made world peace which not very many people can do!!!!!!He also only wanted the world to stop all acts of violence and fighting. Although being sentenced to prison many times for his non-violent protests Ghandi never gave up on his beliefs and became an idol for thousands of people not only in India but all over the world

• Yes he is

Gandhi helped the Indians have their independance and he wanted to make the world be at peace. He also only wanted the world to stop all acts of violence and fighting. Although being sentenced to prison many times for his non-violent protests Ghandi never gave up on his beliefs and became an idol for thousands of people not only in India but all over the world.

• Depends on your definition of "hero"

I don't think a hero has to do anything but bring good and peace. (Of course "good and peace" is an opinion).

I'm not Muslim or Hindu but Gandhi gave those people religious freedom and he did it peacefully. Killing everyone he wanted to would not be heroic in my eyes, but since he peacefully did everything that he did and they were for freedom, he's a hero. Somebody said if he's a hero, then many other people would be too, and that would be probably right!

• He is not

He was a disgusting racist and an incestual child molester. He is overlooked on these things, and managed to get away with it. He is disgusting. He was racist against blacks and made articles saying they should be killed for Indian people to evolve and thrive in the world .

• Gandhi is never a hero.

He is the one who killed our hero Bhagath Singh. He could have saved him with his influence. But he thought that Bhagath Singh will be a threat to him.

He is also a religious fanatic. He was a Savarna Hindu. He never considered the Dalits and minorities.

Gandhi is never a hero.

• Gandhi is never a hero.

Gandhi is never a hero.

• No I don't believe he was a hero.

Because while it is a very noble cause for somebody to lead a people out of tyranny. I do not believe its acceptable to do so through slaughter. He lead people towards certain death, consistently, while knowing the consequences. The British were not shy to put up boundaries, and punishments up when they were crossed. Ghandi was willingly crossing those boundaries in which he knew the punishment was death. In the instance of gathering salt for the people of India. He lead people with no means of protection to be brutally murdered. It is one thing to kill a man who has a gun, and one who has no weapon ( nor malicious intent). It seems that Ghandi was using his people, who were desperate, to grasp at a chance of liberation. He seemed to have no care for human life but rather a deep sense of nationalism. I am open to hearing anybody`s take on this specific aspect of Ghandi's role as a leader, for maybe I have a deep misunderstanding of what happened.

• No, but he is an important figure.

No, Gandhi should not be considered a hero, because none of his actions are particularly heroic. However he should be respected for the things that he has accomplished. For example, he has provided excellent leadership for the world. He has been a uniting figure that has done much good. While this is wonderful, it is not heroic.

• He was hardly a hero.

Just because he stood up for what he believed in does not make him a hero. He was a quiet man who protested by peace and wise words. If he could be considered a hero, then there would be much more heroes in the world. In the eyes of someone who does not share his religious background, my answer for this would be a definite no.

• Gandhi is not a hero.

Gandhi is a religious figure and should be recognized for that. He was a very peaceful man, and he fought for what he truly believed in. Gandhi fought for the rights of the Hindu and Muslim. He practiced quiet protests, such as when he refused to eat. He supported women's rights and the rights of Muslim people. He was a great figure, but not considered a hero.

• He always nukes me in civ

Would a hero nuke people? I think not. Firaxis obviously thinks so too, as they turned Gandhis nuke preference up to 11. He pretends to be your friend then he nukes you in the back. (Pun intended) Gandhi is also a little jerk. He sits there in a toga insulting me in hindu. He even says "you uncultured plebeians have spelled my name wrong for the last time. Prepare to be nuked into orbits."

• He brought India to her knees

He never actually fought for India, everything he did was politically motivated and always wanted to appease the British and Muslims. Prove an instance when he actually went on a fast where there was a Muslim majority (I have nothing against Muslims , everyone one of us deserves us a place on this planet ) . Whenever he fasted he always knew that his group of supporters would break it off , and it would generally have a majority of Hindus. He was the greatest Con-artist that ever lived and I once used to think he was God.

• He Was Racist!

He, many times, said that black people were the lowest of humans and that Indian's are disrespected by even having black people around them, he condemned Indian men from having any sort of contact with black women and wasn't even doing the Indians respect since he agreed that Indians were not even in the same league as whites. He was a white supremacist and people still call him a hero? Give me a break...