• I believe we should allow unrestricted gas prices, prices that reflect the effort in extraction

I do not think the government should be allowed to place limits on the price of gas. The price of gas should be enough to cover the cost of Oil extraction, refining, shipping, and distribution. If for some reason that cost exceeds the proposed upper limit, gas companies would be allowed to suffer. It was similar to gold and how the government regulated gold for the longest time. As soon as gold was de-regulated, more mines were allowed to be economically feasable to be operated.

• Let the market decide

The gas prices should not keep going up in the same way they shouldn't keep going down. Gas costs a certain amount to go from deep under the earth's crust to the gas pump, and gas prices are largely based on this - along with other political and environmental factors.