Should gay,bisexual, , transsexual etc be allowed to attend church no matter what there sexual orientation is?

Asked by: brianna98
  • Of course they should be able to.

"God loves everyone" - isn't' that what the Christians preach? Is there something wrong with a person attending church? All people, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, sex, race, age, and even religion should be allowed to attend church. I mean, I'm Catholic and I went to a Hindu temple (for a school assignment), but no one looked at me in a weird way or acted as though I shouldn't have been there. They were very welcoming and generous. (They were so nice that they kindly forced me to stay for lunch!) Likewise, all types of people should be welcome in all churches.

• I believe that gay, bisexual, transsexual, etc. be allowed to attend church no matter their sexual orientation.

I believe that regardless of your sexual orientation you should be allowed to go to church if you choose to. It should also be your choice if you want to be a different sexual orientation other than straight and you should be able to be happy and not be judged based off of your orientation.

• Why Is This Even A Question?

Someone's sexual orientation shouldn't determine weather or not they are accepted into any kind of religious community, no matter what it is. Church isn't about who your attracted to. It's about people coming together to share their common beliefs or to learn and understand more about what they believe in.

• I think they should be allowed to attend church it shouldn't matter what your sexual orientation is

Just because your gay or bisexual doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to attend church. Going to church should be based on if you believe in God or not. If you believe in God it shouldn't matter what your gender is or if you like the other gender. Church isn't really about your sexual orientation.

• Of course, it should not matter God loves all.

God loves everybody! Whether you believe in him or not. In retrospect it does not matter if you are homosexual bisexual or transexual. If you believe in him and love him and decide to go church go to church. I am a Christian and we should not look down upon anyone, for we all fall sort and no one is better than anybody else. I get go deeper into the matter but if you want to go to church, GO!

• Their sin is no greater than mine.

As a Christian, I am constantly learning what it means to be a "Little Christ." The message of the Gospel is that all have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God. There is nothing that we can do to save ourselves from what we deserve as sinners. That is why we must trust that Jesus paid our debt so we may be seen as righteous (not sinless). The Bible makes it clear that if we die in our sins we will go to Hell. If one attends Church, hopefully he will turn and repent of his sins, and trust alone is Jesus Christ.

• That's where the confessional is

Homosexuality and other disordered sexual inclinations, if acted upon, entail grave sin. We ought to be worried about the state of those people's immortal souls and their eternal destiny rather than whether or not it is comfortable to speak to them about these issues. The confessional is the only way to address these issues (unless the person in question is unbaptized, in which case baptism would do) and they can't quite go to the sacrament of confession if they are not allowed in Church.

• Ok. Here is my question.

Why would anyone support a religion who has time and time again come out against equality?

Is it just me, or is this question an act of futility? Everyone is equal in my eyes. No one should ever be discriminated against. No matter what the certain situation may be.

Of course, most ignorance can be changed. But, only if said individual is willing to accept it.

• God IS God

Romans 10:14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Christ did not come to save the righteous, he came to save sinners how then can they be saved if they are denied entrance. I'm confident that God will take a stern view of any church who denies the attendance of sinners. Lest we forget

1 Corinthians 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

• Does it matter?

It doesn't. Just because someone may or may not have a different sexual orientation than you doesn't mean they should be treated differently.
    People are always telling me not to discriminate, and then they turn and cringe away from me when they find out I'm okay with the girl crushing on me, and the fact that I've crushed on more than my fair share of girls. It's no different than a straight relationship, except no kids from a one-night-stand.
    Practice what you preach.

• Attend church in general yes, But not all churches

You can be gay and whatever religion but if you are forcing yourself into a specific church building simply because you live nearby isn't your right. Its Just upsetting people for the sake of convenience, and as a bisexual women I have been through this myself.

If a church (specifically one) doesn't want you there or wants you to be celibate (and your not) why would you want to go there? Pick a different church! Its Upsetting that people feel this way still but just like its improper to force a clergy member that doesn't support your way of life to officiate a gay wedding its improper to force your belief in a place where belief is all that matters AKA church.

They aren't taking this belief out of anywhere, they are taking it directly from their all powerful all knowing "rule book" and its the individual churches decision what rules to support and what ones to abandon.

Take the fight for freedom somewhere people will listen. The rest of the sheep will follow eventually.

• Yes I do they should be.

I think that people should be able to go to church even if they are gay. No matter what people say they are who they are. Christians are wrong because just like they sin, gay people sin too. So it doesn't matter what you think. God put them here for a reason. Embrace that people.

• Yes I do they should be.

• Show some backbone..

These are some of the most idiotic arguments ever put forth on an issue (sorry, just a brutally honest observation) and yet everyone seems to herd toward the 'Yes' column. Starting from the bottom working up you find a self-described Christian offering this frivolous advice (notice none of it appeals to scripture) that composes a frivolous homily about love but openly invites people who are flagrantly in sin, define their life (and entire identity by their sin), and invites them into the church no less being totally unrepentant in their sin. This is absurd.

Moving up you come across the mastermind that offers up his argument that you must abandon a religion on the basis of equality, which demonstrates they don't know anything about any religion and begs the question of what constitutes equality. This is radical egalitarianism from someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word. You could logically destroy this argument from a vast array of real world examples but the problem seems to be sin, discouraging and prohibiting immoral behavior. Of course nor a single reason is given as to why we should agree or be persuaded by this flimsy premise.

I don't need to survey any further.

Khaos_Mage says2014-11-04T20:54:44.260
Who says they can't?
Vox_Veritas says2014-11-04T22:55:54.100
I guess they have the right to attend church services. I don't see why not. But why would a person who is unrepentant of the homosexual lifestyle want to attend a church, if going means he's going to be surrounded by people who believe him to be living in sin?
o0jeannie0o says2014-11-05T21:35:39.533
In reply to steffon66: It wasn't really outlined if it was a general question or not. Unfortunately steffon66 Its the way the religion is. I dont agree with it myself and am not a christian but that's not my choice. Just as restaurants have the right to refuse service to rude people or nudists churches have their own rules.

No i dont think that in my opinion, if a church said NO RAPISTS and an open rapist who had no intention to not rape wanted to go to that church the church could deny them or anyone they want entry
BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T12:03:13.273
Yes