• Gays should be allowed to adopt.

Because sexual orientation doesn't effect how good or bad a parent is. Also, there are millions of kids around the word, and same-sex couples could help by adopting these kids. Another reason is because having two same-sex parents won't effect the child and make them bad, so there really is not any harm.

• Gays should be allowed to adopt.

• Gays should be able to adopt because:

In article 16 of human rights stand that no matter what sexual orientation, men or women, belief ed. The rights of the marriage are equal. The right of adoption is one of the marriage rights, so gays should be able to adopt because it's a human right. Besides, not giving them the right to adopt is discrimination.

• Yes, they should

This should not be a debate because people are free to do whatever they like, a gay couple has the same rights than a straight couple, and indeed I think an homosexual couple will treat their children with more love and care, cause they are the ones that are allowing that child to have a better life, they are the ones who has saved them from the life a straight couple gave them

• Yes, why is this a debate

There is nothing wrong with 2 parents adopting a child. It doesn't matter if you're "gay" or not. You have been causing more problems by not letting them adopt children. There are plenty of children who would want a nice cozy home with parents to look up to. There are plenty of children in Africa starving and dying. Is that what you want? Children to die, because if that's so, then you people are heartless and cold, with no regard of human lives.

• Yes,gay couples should be allowed to adopt children.

Yes,gay couples should be allowed to adopt children,There is no reason why their adoption rights should be restricted just because they are attracted to the same gender.They may even make better parents than straight couples because in the long run they end up being more committed to the mental health of the children.

• Any mature adult can adopt.

I think that gay couples should absolutely be allowed to adopt children. I find the question insulting. Why does it matter the sexuality of the mature and responsible adults? There are as many bad parents in the heterosexual variety. How did the kids become orphan anyway? Bad hetero parents, that's why.

• Yes gay couples are doing a great service

Yes gay couples deserve the right to adopt. They are doing a great service for the children they are adopting by taking them into a better life. If you deny the couple this right you are punishing innocent children that don't deserve to be punished. There is no harm coming from these adoptions.

• There is no reason to oppose gay adoption

Gay couples should be allowed to adopt children as long as they can fulfill the normal guidelines of responsibility that entail adopting a child. The fact that they are gay should have no bearing at all. Children raised by gay parents have been shown to suffer no ill effects from it and grow up to be normal happy adults as much as children raised by straight families.

• I don't see why not

Even though I am sure most people have a very different opinion about this, I personally do not, and will never, see an issue with gay couples adopting children. As long as the child will be loved, and treated with the same love and dignity from a hetero couple, I say why not?

• Bad example for the children.

As you all know, gay marriage is not a thing we should accept in our world and you ca read more here http://www.tfpstudentaction.org/politically-incorrect/homosexuality/10-reasons-why-homosexual-marriage-is-harmful-and-must-be-opposed.html

Children who are adopted by gay couples will and most possible follow in their footsteps and the result? MORE GAY PEOPLE.

Homosexuality is against nature. By letting gay couples adopt children, the children will have a very confusing life.

• It is inappropriate to adopt children.

They shouldn't adopt children, because the child would have been exposed by life in an weird, strange, and uncomfortable life by having parents of the same gender. And while going to school and learning about puberty and all that. The child will learn that by having gay/lesbeing parents is the wrong way of having children.

• Gays don't need Children

Gay couples cannot procreate on their own. This isn't because one partner is sterile or unable to have children for medical reasons. It's because two women or two men weren't meant to have children. Furthermore, the number of gay couples who stay together in committed relationships is even lower than the number of people who stay married. Which mom should get the kid in a custody battle?

• It is unfair to force harm in a child's way just to make the selfish gay community happy.

The world has never been more open regarding sexual issues. More and more countries are beginning to accept gay marriage. But I believe that at this point in time, the world isn't ready to gay adoption. The reasoning is very logical and realistic. Even though the world is more open regarding issues of sexual orientation, it is not yet at the point that same-sex parent's children wouldn't suffer. Most children up to age 18 will probably have to suffer being ridiculed for having same-sex parents. This is something very important to consider, as bullying can often lead to suicides, depression and anxiety during a very important period of development in a child's life. In an ideal world, everyone would embrace one another regardless of sexual orientation. But the world isn't perfect now is it? And I believe that throwing children under the bus just so the selfish gay community can prove something, or just because they want something is extremely evil. Letting children grow up just to self-harm and hate themselves because a selfish gay couple adopting them has caused them to be ridiculed their entire young life is crazy.

You can argue that gay adoption has to start somewhere, but I'd say not now. You can argue that the kid will grow up healthy with proper parenting, but proper parenting cannot defend the child against external forms of emotional impact unless you lock the child in a cage his entire life.

I might change my stance in the future, but at this point in time I stand firmly by my opinion that the world isn't ready for gay adoption.

• When it comes to the issue of adoption, the focus is on the well-being and development of the kids.

We understand in this modern day and age of faux-progressiveness, that the gay community are very aggressive about trying to be normal and have access to the facilities that normal couples have. In many developed countries, gay couples have the option to get married and be legal partners. But I believe that the world may not be ready for same-sex parents. I don't know when the world will be ready but what I know is that it's wrong to start throwing children under the bus just because of what the gay community desperately wants. It is 2018, and let's be honest if a child up to age 14 has same-sex parents, the child is going to be ridiculed and bullied in school and for what? Just so the gay community can join in on the 'normal life?' How many children will be driver to self-harm and bullying induced depression before the world starts to accept same-sex parent adoptions? In an ideal world, everyone would embrace each other and say "It's okay". But the world isn't perfect is it? And I don;t agree that any child should have to suffer just because of the selfish gay community . Maybe I will change my mind in the future, but right now I refuse to support gay couple adoptions.