Should gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth be allowed to make claims of discrimination based on their sexual orientation or preference?

• If It's True

I believe claims of discrimination should be valid in all scenarios if the claims are true. It shouldn't matter how a person is discriminated, it should only matter that they were indeed discriminated against. I think the American populations has a big problem with discrimination and many times there is no way to combat it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to reduce it.

• If this was about racism, everyone would freak out.

For some reason, homophobia is more culturally acceptable than racism or sexism. If someone at a school was being bullied based on their race or gender, there would be serious consequences. Sadly, they are not as extreme when it involves sexual orientation. My question is, why have we not gotten used to the idea of discriminating someone is not equally wrong no matter why they are doing it?

• Of course they should!

Everyone can be discriminated against no matter the sexuality, age, race, religion, etc. If they were discriminated against then they should be able to say something. IF they aren't listened to then this country isn't living up to its standard or "liberty and justice for all". Everybody deserves to e treated equaly

• Yes, of course! They get discriminated against for their sexual orientation.

Yes and, to me, this is a silly question because those people get discriminated against all of the time for their sexual orientation and preference. We haven't done enough as a people (in America) to make it feel as if they should, but they definitely have the right, whether older or younger.

• No that's ridiculous

Could I make claims of discrimination done to me on hobbies or philosophies I am a part of? I mean hey if that's allowed and I can report that for discrimination then no problem for me. But it should be for everything not just homosexuality. A whole judgment free zone.

• It is not a protected class.

No, gay, lesbian, and transgender youth should not be allowed to make claims of discrimination based on their sexual orientation, because sexual orientation was never meant to be a protected class under the constitution. It leads to a situation where we are walking on egg shells because anyone who is LGBTQ can just scream offense and we are in trouble.

• Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning

Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth should not be allowed to make claims of discrimination based on their sexual orientation or preference. Everyone should keep their opinions to themselves and work through whatever they are going through with family and friends opinions do not always need to be made public.