• I don't quite see why not.

There's nothing unethical about what they're doing--sure, gay folks might be going against one's religion or personal morals, but they're not inherently harming anyone. That being said, gay couples exist as a sizable minority. They're just as legitimate of a couple as their straight counterparts, and I believe it's only ethical and fair to allow gay couples to pursue the same shared legal benefits of marriage.

• Yes, YEs and YES!

My supporting argument doesn't need to be this long explanation, because it's morally wrong for one to argue that it shouldn't be?
    Who are you too tell someone they cannot be in love? People aren't able to choose who their heart goes to, it just happens. Sure you can try and avoid, but is it worth it? Living your life as a lie? In depression? NO!
    Pro Gay Marriage!

• We are all people!

People treat people who like the same sex like they are a different species! We're all just human. The Bible may say marriage should be between a man and a woman, but we don't always follow the rules, and not everybody is christian. It doesn't affect your life, but it affects gay people because they aren't allowed to be with their loved one. Yes, Gay marriage should be legal everywhere!

• Gay marriage should be legal.

Marriage for all people is a basic civil right. It is necessary for all people to have this right, even if they are the same sex. Many states have already granted this right to homosexuals, and it is clear that it will become acceptable in more places in the future.

• Personally, I don't support Gay marriage.

I am a Christian, but I honestly don't care if gay marriage is legalized. Why? Because even if I don't think it is right for myself to be homosexual, who am I to deny someone else their marriage. Does it affect me? No, it doesn't, because I'm not homosexual. Gay people can have their marriage, I honestly don't care for it but, who am I to deny someone else that right. Separation of church and state must be maintained, can't go imposing Christian beliefs on non-Christians, that's no way to gain followers.

• Yes yes yes!!!!!

Gay marriage should be legal because its what makes people happy in life. You shouldn't be told who you can and cant date its basically like the whole race situation, Nobody chose to be the color skinned they are it just happend so why should you be told who you can and cant be with. I mean its not a crime you just happend to fall in love with a person thats the same gender. So yes gay marriage should be legal!!!! ^.^

• Marriage is a contract, everyone should be able to sign.

All people should be free to enter into whatever contract that they choose with any other consenting person. The right of written agreement between two people is not for others to dispute. The terms, rights and privileges granted, may be debated - as with any other contract - but no one should be deprived of the right to sign on the dotted line.

• Of course but...

You can't police the worlds business in what they do. If they are butchering or imprisoning homosexuals (which some do unfortunately) then it would clearly be a different matter, and whilst it would be ideal for gay marriages worldwide other cultures have their own taboos and we can't enforce them (we can encourage though). Much like nobody forces us western countries to adopt polygamy, which is our own taboo. Bigamy is an equally silly crime.

That having said, it SHOULD be legal all over from an humanist standpoint.

• Same Sex Marriage should not be allowed

Same sex marriage should not be allowed, because this is not normal in the society. It is true that we are all the same in law but that doesn't mean we are the same in a biological way. God created a man and a women for a reason. Marriage is the union of a men and a women this is why we cant even call the union of same sex a "MARRIAGE".

• It may be legal but it will never be moral. Just like abortion, legal but not moral.

I believe if the Bible says something is immoral then it is, no questions asked. In Romans 1:19 & 20 "19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

These verses tell us clearly that the things of God that we CAN KNOW are seen clearly through the creation. And even some of the invisible things are clearly seen. And that leaves us without excuse.

Verses 21 & 22 "21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,"

That is what has happened today. People THINK they know better than God said that makes them fools.

23 "23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

They try to make God the same as man or less, say he does not exist. And they make idols like men and animals.

24 "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:"

So now God says "OK. You think you know more and better than me, do what you want" and they yield to THEIR OWN LUST. And he explains what that is.

26 "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:"

1. Vile affections What is this? For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: Lesbianism, unnatural (against nature) & (change the natural use)

27 "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

2. Men, leaving the NATURAL use of the WOMAN,
    3. Burned in their lust one toward another
    4. Men with men
    5. Working that which is unseemly
    6. Recompence of their ERROR

28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

7. God gave them over to a reprobate mind, Reprobate is 1. A depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person,
    8. Not convenient or Not Suited or favorable to one's comfort, purpose, or needs:

Most people say this is an abomination, which is true according to God's word. But let me also say God calls lying, sowing discord among the brethren and 5 other things abomination also.

• Unnatural , inhuman

It is against the creation of God because GOD created Adam with Eve ,not Adam with another Adam.And also think about family structure where will go the future of society. It will be ruined as well as stop the procreation system- it is an inhuman and vigorously go to the against the human nature.

themohawkninja says2013-12-11T04:25:31.870
Eventually yes, but for right now, definitely no. The amount of abuse that would occur in less tolerant nations (I am mainly thinking of Saudi Arabia here) if gay marriage was legalized tomorrow would outweigh any benefits that would be gained. Once those nations became more tolerant to homosexuality, then you can move to pass gay marriage laws, but until then, it needs to remain illegal in certain areas of the world.