Should gay marriage be such a controversial issue?

• Yes, gay marriage should be such a controversial issue.

Marriage between a man and a woman for the purpose or having children is a normal, usual human condition that has existed throughout human history. The union of homosexual partners as "normal" is a more modern notion. It is only in very recent times that anyone would have voiced the fervent belief that homosexuals can and should marry. In fact, homosexuality in and of itself was something that most societies shunned. The issue of gay marriage should continue to be debated because God's word - Scripture - stands against it.

• Whenever you have right and wrong, you'll have controversy

Gay marriages are controversial because there are two types of opinions: right and wrong. The Bible speaks of Adam and Eve, man and woman, husband and wife as being the RIGHT set-up of things. The references in the Bible that show man and man, demonstrate the WRONG way of things and how God dealt with such a people. Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed for it's "gayness". If the Bible demonstrates the horrific outcomes of gay behavior, then what can we expect in modern times?

• Let the masses decide

Same-sex marriage is controversial no matter what approach is taken for or against. However, it will work by letting the people vote to implement legislation for the majority of the states that would appease the masses. When the divided public switches to public opinion that accepts it at the state and constitutional level, then it should be written to legalize gay marriage.

• Of course it should!

Marriage has always been defined as a union between a man and a woman (or between a man and more than one woman), and that tradition is engraved into the minds and hearts of everyone on earth. When the government suddenly decides that this is no longer true, that tends to outrage a lot of people.

• It is and will remain controversial.

It flies completely against the creation. There is no creation without male and female there cannot be. Ok man can manufacture or manipulate nature in this generation but we haven't yet seen the results. Love seems to be the "in" word these days but what does love mean. For the best description try Corinthians chapter 13. It says nothing about demanding your "rights". Just watch what the outcome of all this will be...This is the tip of the iceberg.

• Gay is OKAY

Gay marriage , you are born gay. You don't just wake up one morning and say I think I'll be gay today! Its not a chosen life. Gay marriage is an issue because people are afraid of diversity and want controversy due to them having certain beliefs that contradict their own beliefs in the end.

• Love is love

No matter what people say love is love. And if you are gay then you are gay there is nothing you can do to change it. If you are not gay then just look the other way if you disagree let people be themselves and let them be happy no matter what you think. We all have a gay side some of us embrace it more than others and some of us are gay.

• Gay People are before and foremost people

I think that if we want people to understand and accept that gay people should have the same rights when it comes to adopt and being married, people who are against it should be able to give their arguments and discuss about it so they could be listening to the other side of the story.
    I'm a fervent supporter of gay rights, but I do understand why some people are afraid of that change. They were raised to think that it is a bad thing, they were raised to think that it is a sin. I do get that allowing gay people to get married and be able to adopt children is a totally new vision and idea of the mariage. I do get that they'll be frustrated because they no longer find themselves and they lose their groundings in this new definition of mariage.
    I just hope that the next generation will understand that sexual orientation does not change the human character to people.

• To thine own self be true

As a gay man I believe that I cannot help who my heart desires and I do not think that I need to justify or fight for who I am or what I am about, I don't see heterosexual people doing this so why should I have to tell people "this is why I want to be treated fair." In my personal opinion I will love who ever my heart tells me to regardless of what society thinks. It would be nice to have the communal support of the community however I will always stay true to myself.

• Believe what you want

The first Amendment clearly states the freedom of speech, it's granted to anyone who would like to use it, at any time. All of sudden we can just ignore that as we see fit? We can just say no because some of us deem it necessary? Forgive me if I seem to be offending but God is not the one here and he does not have the will to decide anything, just his supposed word in a book, if you cannot read this and not be offended, I`m afraid you cannot respect a belief and perspective in my own rights. Anyways true to the point, the Bible may say a lot of things and we will say a great deal of many others, should gay marriage be allowed? Yes, it isn't your decision how they are and if your kid happens to see them or they displease you in some way by trying to get married, what does it matter? Whenever in your precious life would you see them again, or appeal to them with religious belief, can a Christian always stay holy? Forgive me again, but none are pure Christians, they're clear blemishes in what a person is and are- Is it all of a sudden wrong to do as we please?

• Its not fair!!

If a woman and a man are supposed to be together and no one makes a fuss about that, then why can't two men or two woman be together or married without anyone making a fuss. People are so judgmental these days, it's pathetic. It should be fair! Leave them alone!

• So you've never disobeyed God ?

So they can't get married because the bible says so, but yet you walk around swearing and cursing at people because two girls ar holding hands ? You're all fucking judge mental absolute stupid fucks. It's like saying someone can't be your friend because they have fucking glasses and you don't hangout with four eyes. WHAT DOES IT MATTER??????

• Don't we have more pertinent issues?

I do support gay marriage, but it seems like now that it has been legalized by the supreme court, I'd be happy if we never talked about it again and left the law as is. If another initiative like prop 8 pops up again though, it will become an issue again.

• Very unconstitutional people

Because two gays should not be able to kiss in front of little children and then it will make them want to be gay and that is wrong and nasty. Also in the bible it says that no man shall love another man nor shall a women love another woman. This world is a messed up place! Thays all to be said

• Love is love.

People need to be open to change. Especially with America being a breeding ground for diversity. We should accept all people whether they have different skin color, beliefs, or anything. People that I know are so hateful toward gays, and to me, it makes them look bigoted and foolish. There will always be room for change and gay marriage acceptance is one of the next steps. Why fight against it?

• Gay Marriage is marriage. Gay rights are human rights.

If we were to base our definition of marriage on tradition, that opens the door to slavery, misogyny, and other "traditional" pieces of U.S. history. Ending homophobia may be America's next step on the path to total equality. Then maybe Islamophobia? I NEED MORE WORDS SO i'LL DO THIS OK

• It's a simple answer...

Just because some people are gay does not mean they are below straight people or 'sub-human' or anything as ridiculous as that. A marriage should be for two people who want to spend life together. Gay people are capable of that, just as much as any straight couple. It's unfair to restrict rights just because of sexual preference. It shouldn't be a big deal... Everyone is created equal, so everyone should have equal rights.