Should gay marriage, polygamy, or incest be allowed?

Asked by: MinnieMau5
  • Yes multiple marriages should be allowed.

Marriages are a world known topic. It is always the down side that we talk about. Do we ever talk about the good? Or how about human peace? Gay, polygamy or incest marriages are the “What’s new” on the web. There may be a few things restricting us from obtaining a law to say “Yes it is ok you can have that kind of marriage.” The things that are restricting us from obtaining a legalizing law for different marriages are The Bible, being bullied, and other things that should be passed if we got this passed then this other topic should be passed.

• Well gays are accepted

So if we agree anyone have the right to choose who they like or love well like them be then if that the case, even if its birth defects if they want a baby with 3 arms well let them have a baby with 3 arms. . . . .

• Iffy on the Incest Part

This question is asking three very different things and then asking people to answer "yes" or "no" as if you're answering yes to all or no to all.

I am perfectly fine with gay marriage as long as the two people getting married are consenting adults. I really don't see why this should bother anyone. The only people who seem to have a problem with this are religious people who think it is "sinful" and such. Since I am an Atheist, I don't believe in the whole concept of sin, or that there is some deity creature floating around in the sky judging us.

The same goes with polygamy. I have heard instances where children have been involved in polygamous marriages, which I would not agree with at all. Just as long as the marriage is among consenting adults, I don't see a problem.

I am a little iffy on the incest thing. If children are involved, most definitely not! I do not really know enough about the reasons for people having desire to be incestuous. It seems very odd to me as incest is taboo even for our primate relatives. Personally, incest seems quite icky to me, but if two blood related consenting adults really want to be incestuous, then maybe that is their business.

Don't get me wrong though, I think that gay marriage and polygamous marriage are normal states of marriage and human relations. I think that there is probably a psychologically abnormal component at work when it comes to people who want to be incestuous. It would be quite another thing if this incestuous couple decided to procreate.

• Equality "Just For Some" is NOT Equality!

We should note most people involved in polygamy and consensual incest (consanguinamorous) relationships are heterosexual. Some LGBT people ARE in polygamous or consanguinamorous relationships. Other LGBT people are supportive, some neutral, and some disgusted by the idea.

As with interracial or adult intergenerational marriage, there is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against same-gender, polyamorous/polygamous, or consanguineous marriage. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in those things, not why someone
    else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. There are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative or are polyamorous.

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. As I noted, some
    consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems;
    while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We
    don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their
    reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either.

It is entirely legal to live with more than one person, have children with more than one person, and have sex with more than one person, but not to be legally married to more than one person at the same time, even if all agree. That makes no sense.

• All of the above should be allowed.

No one, no government, no religion, no one has any right to tell any one who they can and cannot love and marry. Gay marriage is a given. As far as polygamy and incest; I think they are wrong, but it is not my right to tell those people who agree with it that they cannot do it. They have the right to fall in love with multiple women, men, or their own sisters. I have no right to tell them no.

• They are all okay

All of those are fine. Gay marriage and polygamy should be allowed,and is somewhat accepted. I even think incest is okay. It doesn't really hurt anyone and as long as the two people consent and are okay with it .I really have no right to tell them no. Love is love.

• Only because the question included incest.

There is nothing wrong with gay marriage. Much like polygamy, it is a lifestyle choice. As long as consensual adults are making these lifestyle choices, and they aren't hurting anyone by doing them, they're totally fine. Incest is a resounding no because it's sick. Pure and simple. Incest is bad for the gene pool - just look at people like the royal family. If you trace their family histories, you'll find many examples of deformities and mental disabilities stemming from generations of inbreeding.

• Those are completely different issues

Gay marriage should be allowed, as it is no different is essence that traditional marriage, still based on love. The issue with incest is children produced can have health issues due to it, which is why it is made illegal. Polygamy is not allowed mainly due to legal issues, creating problems.

• Gay marriage is fine, so is polygamy really, but not incest.

Yes there's the whole argument of child production and how that created genetic problems, and it does. That's a valid point. Recessive genes gain a higher chance of becoming dominent if the same blood is passed onto the next generation, which significantly increases the chance of having a defective child. But that's not the point I want to make. The real problem with incest is that it's extremely psychologically difficult to regulate. Generally in a family relationship one person has some measure of power over the other. Lets say a father wanted to marry his daughter, well, considering he's controlled her life for 18 years, it's intierly possible she would be forced to comply out of fear of losing all she knows. Maybe an older sister wants to marry her little brother, and the little brother doesn't want to tare the family apart. Even if he's not into the idea, he may have to comply. We can look at an uncle to a niece, a male cousin to a female cousin, and in these circumstances it's easy to see where we might run into foul play.
    Love is love.
    I know that.
    But if we allow incest we're sort of mutating the idea of conscentual. It's difficult to regulate and yes, there is the age old argument for the sake of the gene pool. Polygamy, sure, gay marriage yes, but it'll take a lot to convince me that incest has as innocent an outcome as traditional marriage in all of its forms.

• Marriage is " one man, one woman" only.

This is not an argument I need to make. Our creator ordained from the beginning of creation (the Holy Bible), marriage would be between a man and a woman. God also calls homosexuality an "abomination", and it is a sin.
    And I am not a "homophobe". God says love the sinner, hate the sin.