• You "no" people sicken me

Sexuality has absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever to do with your ability to perform in combat and you're love for your country! Saying that gay men are not physically able to do it or that you can't trust them is stereotypical bull crap. REYN, straight men are sexually lustful for women and women are in the military, does that mean that straight men shouldn't serve? No it doesn't. Know why? When people are risking their lives and serving their country it is not so they can go pick up chicks or guys, it is because they love their country. NOTHING that has anything to do with sexuality will stop them from performing just as well as the women and straight men in our military

• Gay people in Military

think those who are gay should be able to serve their country. It's a right every human should have. Most of you who are against it are saying that gays will check you out and its uncomfortable having them sleep in the same room as you. That is not what they are there for, they are there to serve their country. Straight men are attracted to women and vice versa -- they're in the military together, right? So how and why is it different for those who are gay?

• Yes They Should

Gay people are people and if they want to serve in the military they should be allowed to. What does it matter who they are attracted to? It won't affect their ability to perform their duties. Excluding them from military service just seems like a really odd thing to do, especially when we are always in need of more good soldiers.

• There's no rational reason to ban them

Contrary to what some might think, gays aren't all prancing down the sidewalk throwing flowers everywhere. They're people too and capable of the same things "normal" people are, there's no reason to ban them from any workforce that they are interested in enlisting themselves in. They aren't an issue and only a bigot would argue that they are.

• Everyone has a right to serve their country. Everyone has a right to feel safe.

While, YES, I do think that all of the LGBTQ+ community should be allowed to serve I also feel that men AND women have a right to feel safe. There is NO privacy in the army. You are a team, infact "you" arent you anymore, from now on eveyone thinks and coordinates as a group. As such you eat, train, work, and yes, regrettably SHOWER together. Now MOST of the LGBTQ+ community is respectful and dignified. However imagine you're trying to shower when someone of the oppisite sex walks in. How would you feel? Awkward, Embarresed, Ashamed, Fearful, Confused? The list goes on and on. Now I understand were dealing with homosexuals and not transgenders, But for the integrity of the women and men that serve this country, I do not belive a transgender should be allowed in the same bathroom UNLESS, on this one condition, they have had a sex change surgery. This is order to protect the transgender person, AND the other soldiers showering. For soldiers that have NOT had a sex change surgery...Maybe they could build a transgender bathroom? I'm sorry I don't have all the answers. Now regarding homosexuals, it's obviously a no brainer. As long as they remain respectful and act as everyone else it's no big deal, TIP for all the homos out there , you don't have to tell everyone you are gay, because you will probaly get extra sh*t for it. Especially in boot camp.

• GAYS deserves to serve.

Isn't it too obvious if the government favors men over gays? What I mean is that, all of us should be treated equally and no one has to be left out. If a gay isn't fit to be in the military, it's the same as saying that men don't fit at militaries because after all, a gay may be a woman by heart but he is still a man.

• Yes, of course!!

They are tax playing citizens, that are human beings. People shouldn't be worried about who or why other people love someone. If you love your country, that's what's important. They should be given all the same rights as others, and like it or not, they are already serving our country!

• What Makes Them Different?

Sure, they're gay. So what! They are no less human, no less willing than other any man or woman they charge beside onto the battlefield. Why should sexual orientation change what makes them human? It shouldn't make sense that they aren't allowed to serve their country because of what makes them.

• What do you mean freedom?

Why should we have a military at all? If I have soldiers out there fighting for my "freedom" then why am I discriminated against in my school and in my home. Why am I told who I can marry and where if my "freedom" is being fought for. Secondly, soldiers are at war. No one is going to change and risk their entire life for the sake of seeing men shower. There are women in the military so are you saying you would join so you can see them shower, because that is what you are accusing the gay men of doing. If you are scared of being viewed as good looking, you don't need to be on a battlefield anyway

• Of course they should!

First of all, so what if they have to shower and change together? I Very, very much doubt they would leave their family, risk there lives and be shipped off to some Gods forsaken warzone... To see some guy showering. And to say they are weak and cowards... I'm sure if you met a gay guy in the military he could kick your ass. Most are braver than you would ever be. Also, how does being gay have ANYTHING to do with how they bond and work with their comrades? Exactly. If you think about it for a second, it wouldn't make sense. All the people are basing there arguments on stereotypes, which was your first fatal flaw.

• Yes but seperately

My biggest concern is this- in the military- our troops shower together, change together, sleep together and practically do everything in everyone else's presence. Do you really want someone who may or may not be attracted to you to be with you in your private moments? But yes, they should be let in the military- with other gays so as not to make our 'straight' troops feel violated.

• gays should not join military

they should not join the military because they dont have the physical aptitude and at most they are coward.even they are willing to serve , it doesnt matter because being in military signifies valor or being valiant. since before, military are for men alone and in their identity, they are sexually lustful because they like men too.

Posted by: REYN
  • Gays Can't Serve

How would you trust a gay soldier next to you? How would you feel if you were gay and you were too embarrassed to even come out let alone operate the machinery in warfare? No is the right answer. I served in war, its a brother hood. Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

• What happens if the they become attracted to their peers?

Let's just say for instance that a gay military troop became attracted to one of his peers. Will he he even care about winning the war anymore or will he be too busy trying to win the heart of the troop he's attracted to. It's not gonna work because the troop he's attracted to will most probably be straight and he's gay.

• No, Not A Good Fit

No, gay people should not be allowed in the military. The military requires a special kind of personality and temperament. Men in the military must depend on one another. They must be able to know in their hearts and minds, without any doubt whatsoever, that each of them can be depended on to react in a certain manner under pressure and in combat. Being gay is difficult enough in the real world, but allowing gay people in the military creates a whole new set of doubts and emotions that would not be good in a combat situation. Men in the military must be able to fit into the tightly bound brotherhood that forms between them all.

• Same reason men and women are separate

I'm not much of a military expert, but I'm pretty sure one thing the military does not want is their soldiers having sexual relations with each other while deployed. Because most of the population was heterosexual and the two genders could easily be separated, that wasn't an issue. But adding homosexuals to the military creates the problem that they may have sexual, or other relations while deployed. And in that case, the problem can't just be solved by separation.

• Same reason Men and Women are Separate.

• The same reason Men and Women are separated.