• Absolutely!! They are human, what makes them so different?

Everyone should have the right to have children, unless they are abusive or emotionally unstable. I think gay couples have every right to adopt a child and give them a good home. They could probably raise their children far better than some straight people that I've met. They have my backing!

• Loving Families Aren't Just with Husbands and Wives

Homosexuals deserve to raise children just as much as heterosexual couples. As long as the parents go through the same processes as other families to adopt, there should be no problem adopting children who need financially stable adults to guide their development. There are plenty of needy kids and parents should come from as many avenues as possible.

• Kids just want somebody to love them and be there.

It doesnt matter whether you are gay or straight, you should always have a parent to be able to support you. It shouldnt matter if you are straight or gay, you should be able to adopt a child. I can assure you that the child will never judge their parents, and nor will they care.

• They are people to not aliens

Gays should be allowed to adopt children because they are part of the human race. They are people with feelings maybe not for the opposite sex but they are humans who could be better parents than a female and a male; mainly they are people who might not love a woman but a man but they have feelings and shouldn't have the privilege of adopting a baby taken away because they are gay they should be seen as normal people without a fault but as people who have feelings

• Everyone should have a family no matter what your sexual orientation is.

Homosexuals are also very loving, capable people who make the upbringing of a child much smoother. There is no CV or form that you need to fill in saying that you took a 3 year university course on parenting, it’s not a job. You just need to be an able, trustworthy and responsible person... None of which single out heterosexuals. There are, at the moment around 270,000 elated children being raised by same-sex couples. It is known that gay fathers in particular, are extremely committed to parenting. This all just goes to show that gay parents are not inferior to straight parents. “Not a single study has found children of gay or lesbian parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents” American Psychological Association, Lesbian and Gay Parenting: A Resource for Psychologists 8 (1995). In the bird world, for example, two flamingos will ‘adopt’ and raise a baby because male flamingos can make milk in their throat. This happens often within this species. The point is that these birds are more evolved than humans.

• Yes, Gay People Should Be Allowed to Adopt Children

Gay people should be allowed to adopt children because they are just as qualified as anyone else. Heterosexuality is not a prerequisite for being the "perfect" parent. All parents will make mistakes simply because human beings are not perfect, and gay people are human just as much as heterosexuals. What makes a good parent is one who shows love, provides the necessities of life, gives proper guidance and balances everything with appropriate discipline when needed. It seems that we should have gotten past these silly types of questions by now. It should be common sense that people are people, some people are more suited to parenthood than others, and it has nothing to do with a person's sexuality. If a gay person can provide a proper environment for a child, that person should be allowed to adopt a child.

• A parent is a parent.

There is absolutely no evidence that gay people cannot make good parents. If you're afraid that they're going to corrupt their adopted children and make them gay, note that nearly 99 percent of all gay people were raised by heterosexual parents. Sexual orientation does not make a difference in how well someone can parent.

• I thing yes

Why not? They are just like anybody else! They might even deserve them more then hetro people. Its bogus that people would even argue against this. I for one know alot of gay people and do like them better. They are different and dont try to be fake. And to raise a child in that kind of environment would be amazing... What is wrong with that?

• Love is Love

Everyone deserves a loving home to be raised in. Whether that loving home has two moms, two dads, one mom or a mom and a dad is irrelevant. Any couple who is prepared and able to raise a child should be allowed to either have them naturally or adopt them.

There are millions of children that need a home and there are about 700,000 same-sex couples raising over 2 million children as we speak. With millions of children available to adopt, I'd love to see those kids been adopted by whoever has the capacity to do so.

• Love is Love, ps. I'm gay.

Life is life, how a person chooses to choose their sexuality is very confident. Who he or she loves does not change their morals or characteristics. There are many Homosexuals who show more care and love than heterosexuals. Just because I choose to love females does not mean I can not be nominated for best mother award. Who I Love or who ANYONE else loves is who we love. As long as we love our child or children with the correct love, show them right from wrong, and support their every dream, We are doing just the basics as any other American family.

• Not fair on the child

I'm not saying that gay couples will love the child any less and this is not about what's right to "God", but the problem is it's not fair for the kid. It's impossible for homosexual people to biologically have a child with each other. So why should they have or want a child? This is also not a normal or suitable environment for a child to live in since they will be missing the mother/father role model other kids have. Look at kids who grow up with a single dad or mum sometimes they sometimes grow up fine most of the time they sadly don't lack one or other important role model in their lives. I saw the arguments of the people who agreed and most of them said that gays are more loving and will make the upbringing smoother, How? There is no evidence that homosexual parents are "better parents" or "more loving" than heterosexuals parents for children. Right, two homosexual males adopt a daughter and she gets her period how can the father's help her with that if they never experienced or related to it? How embarrassing or isolating would it be for her? How would that environment be "amazing" for her to grow up in?

• Unfair to child

Children need both male and female parents as role models.It is unfair to the child to be raised in gay family. No one wants that. GINO. My friend has two moms. He is very upset with the situation. 9 out 10 children with gay parents will be gay. That is soo gay. We don't need more gays in this world. It is adam and eve, not adam and steve.

• No, they should be not allowed to adopt children

Gay people should not be allowed to adopt children because 9 out of 10 those children will be gay. We are living in a society where people scared to tell the truth. Where are the people who call them self reverent or pastor with bible in hand, you on TV every Sunday but pasor, God put you there to open people eyes, to tell them what is wrong and what is right, that is your job, don't be afraid to talk if you are men of God.

• Both mother AND father play huge role in raising a child

It is extremely important to be raised by both sexes, especially at the first stages 0-5 years old. It is necessary for a child to understand positions of female and male figures, their differences and behaviour changes. I was raised by my grandmother and mother, thus i had only female influence. I ended having anxiety issues, and developed fear for men. I had no idea how to interact with boys or men and my psychoanalytic confirmed that.

• A very big mistake

A child is a human being PRODUCED by a man and a woman. That is imposed by NATURE, GOD or EVOLUTION. This can't be changed. It is HOW we, as human beings, are here on this planet. The child has a fundamental right to have his/her mother and father in their life. If by any act of misfortune or blatant abuse/negligence they can't have their natural PARENTS then they have the right to be raised by SIMILAR parents. It is wrong, unfair and cruel to offer a boy or a girl the image of two mothers or two fathers. It is not how they came to this world. What positive example can be for a girl to be raised by two men? I'm thinking now at one example, the moment when she gets her period. That brings pain and all sorts of psychological modifications. How would she SHARE that very feminine and intimate event with her fathers? Politics rule and people are dumb enough to swallow everything.

• Gay pride fore any price?

Is it possible that a child without a father/mother is a child without a female/male role model. I fore mine believe that a child needs both a male and female to bring different needs to a child. When I was a child it was clear to me that my mother was the sweet caring one, and my father was more strict to keep me out of trouble. Together they brought me all I needed, but sadly I do not think a gay couple can bring both these qualities to their adopted child therefore it would be only silly to legalize gays to have a child together.

• The view of an Adoptee

I believe gay couples can nurture and love a child as much as a hetero couple but I'm adopted, identity is difficult enough in life, trying to fit in, trying to understand yourself without the added sexual identity of the parents to understand while your growing up. People forget about the needs of the child and there ongoing trauma with wanting to love and be loved, you never really connect with anybody, rejection is always there, this can never be cured.

• They have chosen their life

If a child is adopted by a gay couple does anyone ever think of the child first? No-one seems to think the child should have any rights . The ethics should be thought of and the child's emotional well being needs to be discussed . Everyone is very quiet about how all of this affects the child .The child should come first .

• Not fair on the child

• No its not fair on those children.

Parents are role models for kids, if a child is raise by a homosexual couple they are 80/100 more likely to turn out to be gay, not only that it would cause them to get bullied in school and they may start to feel suicidal and they may eventually take there own lives.

DianaCosta says2014-11-02T20:30:42.443
Are you gay? It's okay.
And if you're gay, then what are you? Human. Right. And what do humans have? Rights. Whether they're gay or not. All of them have the same rights. So all of them have the right to adopt children, unless they're no good people. But that's exactly just like any other straight couple. But they still have the same right to live happy and adopt children and kids need a home, need love, need companion, need everything and any formed couple, gay or straight can give them that. Being gayn it's not a choice, but something that was born with those poeple and no one can change that. Nobody. And if you have anything against that, it's because you're retarded. Then the problem it's not theirs, but yours, homophobic person.
And ffs, if you're against gay people because "oh, god doesn't want that", first, GOD doesn't exist, and second, if it does exist, at least for you, don't you say that God loves everyone equally? So it means that he loves EVERYONE, INCLUDING GAYS.
If that's your opinion, then "go to the hell for heaven's sake" and leave the real love alone.