• It's not in the bible

No gays are not in the bible, but neither are big macs. If you eat big macs then you should leave because its not its not in the bible. Just because it's not in the bible doesn't make it wrong. These people only want them to leave because they are afraid of them and i'm sick of it

• Yes, of course.

Gays should be married. There are too many fools in the United States who follow the bibles every word but are completly blindsided. The bible is not your opinion. Think if your son or daughter came out to you. You wouldn't disrespect them by saying, "No, you can't be gay. The bible says it's wrong". Forget the bible and support equality!

• Gay people should be allowed to get married.

The reason behind my argument is that I see no reason they should not be allowed to marry. They are just people who are attracted to the same gender the same way that 'normal' people are attracted to the opposite gender. If they want to they can do what they want.

• Gay People Should Have Right to Marriage

Without a doubt, gay people should be allowed to marry in the United States. Marriage should be a basic right for everyone no matter their sexual orientation or preference. Many states have made the proactive decision to allow marriage of all types in their borders, and other states need to follow suit.

• Equality is expanding!

This country is supposed to be free, but with the way a select few people view it, only certain types of people are allowed this freedom. Marriage in my opinion is just a piece of paper that will never see the light of day after it has been signed, so why not allow anyone to get married to any other person no matter their genders.

• Gays Should Be Allowed to Marry

Its a civil right to be able to marry who ever you want to marry. I think if you truly love the person and you want to spend the rest of your life with them, you should have that right. For those people opposing it, I don't understand the argument. Some people say that its wrong or unholy to be gay, but religion shouldn't get in the way of politics. In my opinion, people shouldn't let their religious beliefs get in the way of someone else's pursuit of happiness. I live in the USA, and we aren't a theocracy, so I don't understand why the process of free marriage for all is being hindered partially by the extreme religious views held by the minority. There's so much hate for the gay population, its really sickening. For no reason, these people are being deprived of their rights to be happy and marry. I'm not sure how my country, the United States of America, can truly be the home of the free if there are still those who do not have the same rights as everyone else. By the time I get out of high school and find someone I love, I just hope that I'll have the right to marry whoever I want, be it aanother man, or a woman.

• The Bible also advocates stoning a person who is not Christian.

Though the Bible should be followed in everyday life, some of the information is outdated and cannot be relied on so heavily. To all of you anti-gay marriage activitists: Give me one harm that gay-marriage does to you and I will give up. But for now, let these people who found their love in the same sex proceed and don't be jealous that you are still single. You are ignorant to disagree, to which I understand. Perhaps your stupidity may be cured by watching the movie: Prayers for Bobby.

• Marriage is a human right NOT a heterosexual privilege!

"When did you choose to be straight?" The fact is no one chooses their sexuality! No one chooses to be attracted to the same or opposite sex. I was born this way because God made me this way. Same sex couples should be able to marry and have access to the same rights, privileges and benefits that straight couples have and enjoy. Denying people this right is the kind of discrimination that has no place in our laws. The time has come to end this discrimination and the politics of divisiveness that has become part of this issue. Everyone should be allowed to marry the love of their life!

• Gays should have the same rights.

They say "God" made woman for man. What if you are an atheist and don't believe in a god? You should be allowed to marry whoever you love. It's not about gender. Gays didn't choose to be gay so why should they have to be denied rights? If you say being gay is a choice then let me ask you, when did you decide to be straight?

• For our future generation.

Personally, I had never found the need to come out to anyone other than those I hold close to me, I had always been a very contented gay man. It is only recently until when I feel very strongly about gay marriage, mostly due to the thought of having my own family. Like many gay people, I want to have a family of my own, a loving husband (assuming I can find one that is) and a few children, just like my parents. However it shudders me to think what my (future) kids will have to face knowing that the state does not recognize him/her having a complete and equal family, and the bigoted judgement from many ignorant others.

• No, gay people should not be allowed to marry.

The act of marriage is between a man and women. God made woman for man and that is how it was intended. Gays that want to marry and seek all the benefits that a married man and woman couple get should not be able to get that. A marriage is a union between man and woman with God.

• Lol too funny

All the arguments on this side say...GOD SAID NO! XD I just can't believe this is even still an issue, do we honestly need more issues then we have? They're are people dying in wars and famine and hunger and we care what other people do with other consenting people. We live in an insane time.

• This is disgusting

I'm not sure what happened to American society. Twenty years ago, people would laugh at this kind of stuff. God made Adam and Eve, a man and a woman, to show those of later generations the NATURAL way to reproduce. This generation of people is seriously becoming corrupt; hate it.

• NOOOOOOO Gays Need TO Leave

Two people of the same sex is not in the bible...#MERICA obama is the reason gays are allowed and he should not even be president. Gays need to leave and go back to canada and get out of our country. This is not a place that they belong and i would love them to leave and so would a lot of other people