• Yes, there's not reason why not!

Yes, gay people should be allowed to get married. Being gay is not a choice, you are born that way. No one has the right to deny you your happiness with another person. The most important argument for gay marriage is that there is no sound argument against it. The most common argument against gay marriage is that it is immoral or wrong based on a person’s religious convictions. That argument is automatically null and void because the constitution states that we should have a separation of church and state. Allowing gays to marry does not hurt anyone, it only grants rights to people who chose a different lifestyle than most Americans.

• No one should have their rights stolen

Gay people aren't born gay. They don't chose to be homosexual, why would they when all they get is discrimination? But if it just so happened that they were born heterosexual then they would be allowed to get married, they would have that right. But no, they were born different so they have their rights stolen. That isn't fair, everybody is born different so why should one difference mean that you lose a valuable right?

• Everyone is able to make their own choices.

Homosexuality is a choice. When you want to get married, you and your partner both agree on this. If it has no terminal effect on the people who don't like it. I know many actors who are in their early 50s and they marry young woman. Should that be illegal? Marriage is about love, it can come in many shapes and sizes but it is all the same.

Besides, why would God give you the choice of homosexuality if he despised it so much. God created everyone of us. He gave us love, sadness, warfare, happiness, and many more things. So why would he give you the gift of Homosexuality? Would a loving god give you the choice of homosexuality and then be so cruel enough to say that you were not able to enjoy it? Let that sink in for a bit.

• Over 440 species have homosexuality, only one has 'homophobia'.

It is a choice and it is human right. It is also not a disease, people do not call in sick because they are feeling 'gay'. It is not a phase that you go through and if you say that God discriminates you are wrong, and obviously don't listen in Church because God does not discriminate against anyone; that's his thing, he accepts everyone.
    -Sincerely a 16 year old girl.

• Gay, lesbian or straight, we're all human.

Gay, lesbian or straight, we're all human. All people should be able to marry their loved ones and be happy. Gay couples are good parents to adopted children as well.
    If you think that their children will be bullied at school, than here is the answer: when we all change our minds and will think about married gay couples well, then bullying will be less.
    Some straight people can't find their other half in a lifetime, but why gay people who are in love and able to make a happy family should be made to suffer because of the laws?
    So I say yes to equal marriage, equal rights and equal love.

• There are many reasons

To allow same sex marriage, now many people disagree but if you look at it as a religious standpoint then you will always say no. But many of you do not know the history of marriage and where it came from, it was not created biblically it was first documented in the bible because the bible is a historical book. If a hetero couple want to adopt a child they receive a tax credit of 24k (my numbers might be off) if a homosexual couple want to adopt because they are not married they received 24k each... Where is the justice in that? The U.S is land of the free, free to practice whatever religion you want, freedom of speech, freedom to live where you want and be with who you want to be with. Now I also believe the same sex marriage issue and topic has gone overboard, this is a country where Church and State is separate because this is separate there is no judicial law stating marriage is between a man and a woman. This was created in 1996 because of the fear of homosexuals, remember there was a law that stated African-Americans were not citizens, a law stating Native Americans were not citizens. I also believe if homosexuals want to be treated equally they must stop acting like they are so different from the rest of the world. There is no straight pride parade, no flag for heterosexuality... If homosexuals want to be treated as another race or ethnicity okay, I understand the whole flag and parade thing other than that... Act like an American wave the American flag show you are proud to be an American who is homosexual and want rights... Not a homosexual who wants rights maybe then people would look at us in a positive manner.

• Gender doesn't Matter, Marriage does.

Marriage talks about two people who love each other not just male and female. I believe it's unfair that males and females should get married and have no tax after the spouse dies. It should be the same for same sex couples too. Who in the world cares about two different genders? I don't. If you do than all you care about is yourself.

It should be love = equality, not love = discrimination.

• Love doesn't specify a certain sex.

They should have the privilege of getting married because love is love. Why should a man and woman be allowed to marry but not the same sex? It's unfair that one can marry multiple times, after multiple divorces, and still be allowed to marry again, as long as it's with the opposite sex. This is a terrible discrimination and we are hurting their lives. We're all humans and we should all be allowed to marry the love of our lives.

• It's their belief.

People are given the right to religion. Well, not letting gays or lesbians get married is kind of violating this right. Believing how they want, as others believe male and females should be together, well that's how they believe. Gays and Lesbians believe they should be with a guy or female and it is their choice. That choice doesn't affect others' lives, so why should others care about how others believe or what their lifestyles are?

• Who really cares?

We have gotten to the time where we are beginning to not care what people do anymore. Slavery is abolished, and although many people still may be 'racist' there are still desegregated schools, and many races are friends with other races. Just because someone may not be traditionally "normal" for not being attracted to different sex, doesn't mean they are any less human. We should embrace these differences and allow people to be themselves.

• Homosexuality is not only a sin, it's criminal abomination...

Like so many other aberrations in today's world, homosexuality has become a cultural phenomenon. Right or wrong hardly plays into the equation at all. Moral or immoral? Good or bad?

There is no morality if there is no standard. And the standard has always been the Holy Bible...Even to proclaimed atheists...Since the concept of right and wrong comes from that very book. When you deny the Bible, you deny that there IS a right and wrong.

Thus, since the Bible vehemently condemns homosexuality [and any other heinous sin], the reigning moral standard tells us that homosexuality is not just wrong but abominably wrong.

No aborting, changing, discrediting, or devolving the intention of God's law will make homosexuality anything more than a crime against God and His intended humanity.

If homos want equality, let them have it in the area of punishment. Give them the eternal death in Hell that God says lies in waiting for those who die in their sins. That's certainly just in His eyes...And in the eyes of anyone else whose only hope of salvation is the grace of God through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

In the end, when every knee shall bow, those who are forced to bow unwillingly [because of unrepentant sin] will have their RIGHT to perish in a way so terrible that words can hardly describe.

Equal rights? You betcha! Prompt and unrelenting payment by spiritual death for the heinous and formerly unspeakable sexual sin of homosexuality. And then there's the physical pain, I'm sure will take place according to the Bible.

And, before someone starts pointing fingers, I can say with certainty that homosexuality is not the only sin - sexual or otherwise - that will have these EQUAL results. However, homosexuality is the main one that even God chose to call an ABOMINATION!

Long story short: "gay" people should be defined as any happy group of people. When it comes to mean "queers", then society has devolved into a morass of immorality that threatens to consume us all.

NO MARRIAGE FOR QUEERS. Not to each other, for sure! I mean, there's a reason for calling something "queer", right? Queer = strange; Strange [in this case] = unnatural, perverted, putrifyingly pathetic.

No high court, no group of perverts, no media hype, no distortion of facts will change the truth. Homosexuality is a sin - and marriage between homosexuals is an exacerbation of that sin!

• Civil & Legal unions, yes. "Married", no.

They should have the right to legally join however they want. They should receive all of the Federal and State benefits just like regular marriages. It simply does not matter in any logical way that they are the same sex from a financial perspective.
    Those types of things fulfill the promise of America to live freely.

However, some things in this Country need to remain reliable and constant...
    Calling them "married" is bothersome in many mays.

• Marriage is about uniting a man and a woman.

Marriage is about uniting a man and a woman, not man and man, or woman and woman .You want to get married to get permission to have sex, not because of love. This is just stupid, you want to be gay that is your problem, don't involve marriage in this.

• Gays should not be allowed to get married

I think this because it goes against not only the bible but the Jew's scrolls and the Canon as well. And if all three religions who don't agree any anything agree to this than there is something to be said about gays marrying and gays in general. So this is why gays should not be allowed to marry.

• I don't think its right

Mainly because I don't believe that we should change the definition of a word to comfort a person or group of people. Just like I do not believe that pizza should mean anything other than a flat piece of leven bread with various toppings on it to add flavor. Marriage is between a man and a woman and we should not change that.

• No, they need to try something else.

You would be impeaching upon another religion if gay marriage passes. The world will see darker days. My mom was gay. I did not hate her. And I understood her love for her partner so I do understand the equality gay people want. But this is not the way to do it. In marriage the pastor (I wonder what pastor will do it) says "under God." Unfortunately, God is not very fond of the gay lifestyle. And neither are his children. Therefore, you would have to make your own ceremony, which I think would be fun.

• IM GAY...But I'm against gay marriage :

1. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother
    2. It Violates Natural Law
    3. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
    4. It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
    5. It Offends God
    6. It Is the Cutting Edge of the Sexual Revolution- In the 1960s, society was pressured to accept all kinds of immoral sexual relationships between men and women. Today we are seeing a new sexual revolution where society is being asked to accept sodomy and same-sex “marriage.”

If homosexual “marriage” is universally accepted as the present step in sexual “freedom,” what logical arguments can be used to stop the next steps of incest, pedophilia, bestiality, and other forms of unnatural behavior? Indeed, radical elements of certain “avant garde” subcultures are already advocating such aberrations.

The railroading of same-sex “marriage” on the American people makes increasingly clear what homosexual activist Paul Varnell wrote in the Chicago Free Press:

"The gay movement, whether we acknowledge it or not, is not a civil rights movement, not even a sexual liberation movement, but a moral revolution aimed at changing people's view of homosexuality."

• Parts don't fit

You cannot have sex to reproduce, a man and a woman's bodies fit together. Not hard to see. And its a right? Then why cant I have 2 or 3 wives? God said for man to take a woman and reproduce. That's at the beginning of the Bible, at the end it says everything in it is the law. So you tell him he is wrong if you get that far. That its your right. I really believe if you took a gay man or woman and they met the perfect non-gay man or woman, they would rather be with the opposite sex partner. Now again tell God its ok to have sex before marriage, is he wrong again?

• What draws the line?

I thought about gay marriage and how everybody does deserve equal rights, but if gay marriage is legalized, then what's holding back legalizing other forms of bizarre marriage like polygamy or even a man marrying a child? Plus marriage is something that you don't really need to have, if marriage was illegal for everyone I wouldn't care because it is not stopping me from being with the person I want to be for the rest of my life.

• No. Just no.

The fact that they want to be married is not only wrong, but it pisses me off. Its bad enough we let them be together out in public, but now they want to take away the long practiced tradition of opposite sex marriage? Just...No. Open your eyes America. Stop this nonsense.Z

Anonymous says2013-03-19T19:38:20.550
Gay people should get married and have kids of their own!