• Over 440 species have homosexuality, only one has 'homophobia'.

It is a choice and it is human right. It is also not a disease, people do not call in sick because they are feeling 'gay'. It is not a phase that you go through and if you say that God discriminates you are wrong, and obviously don't listen in Church because God does not discriminate against anyone; that's his thing, he accepts everyone.
    -Sincerely a 16 year old girl.

• Yes, there's not reason why not!

Yes, gay people should be allowed to get married. Being gay is not a choice, you are born that way. No one has the right to deny you your happiness with another person. The most important argument for gay marriage is that there is no sound argument against it. The most common argument against gay marriage is that it is immoral or wrong based on a person’s religious convictions. That argument is automatically null and void because the constitution states that we should have a separation of church and state. Allowing gays to marry does not hurt anyone, it only grants rights to people who chose a different lifestyle than most Americans.

• No one should have their rights stolen

Gay people aren't born gay. They don't chose to be homosexual, why would they when all they get is discrimination? But if it just so happened that they were born heterosexual then they would be allowed to get married, they would have that right. But no, they were born different so they have their rights stolen. That isn't fair, everybody is born different so why should one difference mean that you lose a valuable right?

• Everyone is able to make their own choices.

Homosexuality is a choice. When you want to get married, you and your partner both agree on this. If it has no terminal effect on the people who don't like it. I know many actors who are in their early 50s and they marry young woman. Should that be illegal? Marriage is about love, it can come in many shapes and sizes but it is all the same.

Besides, why would God give you the choice of homosexuality if he despised it so much. God created everyone of us. He gave us love, sadness, warfare, happiness, and many more things. So why would he give you the gift of Homosexuality? Would a loving god give you the choice of homosexuality and then be so cruel enough to say that you were not able to enjoy it? Let that sink in for a bit.

• Yes, I think gay people should get married.

Why shouldn’t they get married? When people were born on the world, they can’t choose their gender. And we should love each other without distinction. The age, race and gender are not really important with your lover. If you really love him or her, you just want to live with him or her forever. The marriage allows two people to take care of each other in the law. Why the gay people can’t have the right to do it? There are many gay couple can’t use the resource of marriage in the law, just because they love the people who has same gender. But the law should protect “everyone”, not only the majority of the people. Therefore, I think gay people should get married. Because that is they deserve this right.

• Love support society

Thinking about society, less reproduction is better and more children can be adopted. Instead of being beaten, raped, and murdered many children can be adopted by two caring parents that love each other and will support and love the child. Less people in the world is always a good thing.

Posted by: not
  • Those opposed are hating for no reason.

I feel that gay people should be allowed to do whatever they want to do. I am hetero as ever, but I just don't care enough to be against gay marriages. It's like everyone that doesn't want them to get married is hating for no reason, really. What does it have to do with you?

• Gays should be able to get married.

Gays should be able to get married because they are people too. If you love someone it shouldn't matter what gender they are you should be able to marry them. I don't think that it's fair to people who are not gay, to decide if gays should be married or not. They are people and they have rights. Straight people are allowed to marry the people they love and gay people should be allowed to do the same. Who are we, as straights, to say that gay people can't be married? People say that the Bible says that the gay lifestyle is inappropriate. But the Bible also says that we have free will to make our own decisions. And if a gay person wants to be gay, that is their decision, let them live their lives with the person they love, women or man.

• Gays have a right to marry.

I think that if they are dedicated to each other, then they should get married. Also, it is their choice, not the government's. I still don't understand the people that think that this is so horribly wrong! They have a right to marry who they want! In all, I think they should get married if they are truly in the same relationship as anyone marrying opposite gender.

• Yes, gays should have marriage rights.

I believe that gay marriage should be allowed. I think this because since America is a free country, and that in the constitution it says that all men should be allowed pursuit of happiness, that if that couple is happy, they should do whatever they want in order of marriage. Even though they are the same gender, why shouldn't they be happy? What makes woman and man marriages right and normal, anyway? I, from a young non-religious girl's point of view, think that people of any gender or background should be able to marry whoever they want.

• Homosexuality is not only a sin, it's criminal abomination...

Like so many other aberrations in today's world, homosexuality has become a cultural phenomenon. Right or wrong hardly plays into the equation at all. Moral or immoral? Good or bad?

There is no morality if there is no standard. And the standard has always been the Holy Bible...Even to proclaimed atheists...Since the concept of right and wrong comes from that very book. When you deny the Bible, you deny that there IS a right and wrong.

Thus, since the Bible vehemently condemns homosexuality [and any other heinous sin], the reigning moral standard tells us that homosexuality is not just wrong but abominably wrong.

No aborting, changing, discrediting, or devolving the intention of God's law will make homosexuality anything more than a crime against God and His intended humanity.

If homos want equality, let them have it in the area of punishment. Give them the eternal death in Hell that God says lies in waiting for those who die in their sins. That's certainly just in His eyes...And in the eyes of anyone else whose only hope of salvation is the grace of God through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

In the end, when every knee shall bow, those who are forced to bow unwillingly [because of unrepentant sin] will have their RIGHT to perish in a way so terrible that words can hardly describe.

Equal rights? You betcha! Prompt and unrelenting payment by spiritual death for the heinous and formerly unspeakable sexual sin of homosexuality. And then there's the physical pain, I'm sure will take place according to the Bible.

And, before someone starts pointing fingers, I can say with certainty that homosexuality is not the only sin - sexual or otherwise - that will have these EQUAL results. However, homosexuality is the main one that even God chose to call an ABOMINATION!

Long story short: "gay" people should be defined as any happy group of people. When it comes to mean "queers", then society has devolved into a morass of immorality that threatens to consume us all.

NO MARRIAGE FOR QUEERS. Not to each other, for sure! I mean, there's a reason for calling something "queer", right? Queer = strange; Strange [in this case] = unnatural, perverted, putrifyingly pathetic.

No high court, no group of perverts, no media hype, no distortion of facts will change the truth. Homosexuality is a sin - and marriage between homosexuals is an exacerbation of that sin!

• Civil & Legal unions, yes. "Married", no.

They should have the right to legally join however they want. They should receive all of the Federal and State benefits just like regular marriages. It simply does not matter in any logical way that they are the same sex from a financial perspective.
    Those types of things fulfill the promise of America to live freely.

However, some things in this Country need to remain reliable and constant...
    Calling them "married" is bothersome in many mays.

• Marriage is about uniting a man and a woman.

Marriage is about uniting a man and a woman, not man and man, or woman and woman .You want to get married to get permission to have sex, not because of love. This is just stupid, you want to be gay that is your problem, don't involve marriage in this.

• Gays should not be allowed to get married

I think this because it goes against not only the bible but the Jew's scrolls and the Canon as well. And if all three religions who don't agree any anything agree to this than there is something to be said about gays marrying and gays in general. So this is why gays should not be allowed to marry.

• I don't think its right

Mainly because I don't believe that we should change the definition of a word to comfort a person or group of people. Just like I do not believe that pizza should mean anything other than a flat piece of leven bread with various toppings on it to add flavor. Marriage is between a man and a woman and we should not change that.

• No, they need to try something else.

You would be impeaching upon another religion if gay marriage passes. The world will see darker days. My mom was gay. I did not hate her. And I understood her love for her partner so I do understand the equality gay people want. But this is not the way to do it. In marriage the pastor (I wonder what pastor will do it) says "under God." Unfortunately, God is not very fond of the gay lifestyle. And neither are his children. Therefore, you would have to make your own ceremony, which I think would be fun.

• IM GAY...But I'm against gay marriage :

1. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother
    2. It Violates Natural Law
    3. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
    4. It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
    5. It Offends God
    6. It Is the Cutting Edge of the Sexual Revolution- In the 1960s, society was pressured to accept all kinds of immoral sexual relationships between men and women. Today we are seeing a new sexual revolution where society is being asked to accept sodomy and same-sex “marriage.”

If homosexual “marriage” is universally accepted as the present step in sexual “freedom,” what logical arguments can be used to stop the next steps of incest, pedophilia, bestiality, and other forms of unnatural behavior? Indeed, radical elements of certain “avant garde” subcultures are already advocating such aberrations.

The railroading of same-sex “marriage” on the American people makes increasingly clear what homosexual activist Paul Varnell wrote in the Chicago Free Press:

"The gay movement, whether we acknowledge it or not, is not a civil rights movement, not even a sexual liberation movement, but a moral revolution aimed at changing people's view of homosexuality."

• Parts don't fit

You cannot have sex to reproduce, a man and a woman's bodies fit together. Not hard to see. And its a right? Then why cant I have 2 or 3 wives? God said for man to take a woman and reproduce. That's at the beginning of the Bible, at the end it says everything in it is the law. So you tell him he is wrong if you get that far. That its your right. I really believe if you took a gay man or woman and they met the perfect non-gay man or woman, they would rather be with the opposite sex partner. Now again tell God its ok to have sex before marriage, is he wrong again?

• What draws the line?

I thought about gay marriage and how everybody does deserve equal rights, but if gay marriage is legalized, then what's holding back legalizing other forms of bizarre marriage like polygamy or even a man marrying a child? Plus marriage is something that you don't really need to have, if marriage was illegal for everyone I wouldn't care because it is not stopping me from being with the person I want to be for the rest of my life.

• No. Just no.

The fact that they want to be married is not only wrong, but it pisses me off. Its bad enough we let them be together out in public, but now they want to take away the long practiced tradition of opposite sex marriage? Just...No. Open your eyes America. Stop this nonsense.Z

Anonymous says2013-03-19T19:38:20.550
Gay people should get married and have kids of their own!