Should Gays and Lesbians Be Restricted from Adopting Children?

• All children deserve a mother and father that love them.

Usually they tell us gay marriage “doesn’t affect anyone else.” Well, when you start talking about gay people adopting kids, now it does affect other people. It affects the children, and it affects them in profound ways. The rates of mental disorders in the children are higher. If gas want children they need to make them themselves. They can't, you say? Well then TFB. Not my fault they chose a harmful lifestyle.

• No this is not fair to kids

To deny gay people the right to adopt is wrong on so many levels. If they are able to provide a safe home for a child that has no home why would you not give that to the child. There are too many children that need help and anyone who wants to adopt should be given the opportunity.

• Homosexuals Should Be Able To Adopt Children

No, gay and lesbian couples should not be restricted from adopting children. A homosexual couple can provide the same type of loving, caring home that a heterosexual couple can. Being homosexual or heterosexual has no bearing on a couple's ability to provide love. Therefore, gay and lesbian couples should not be restricted from adopting children.

• No, Gays and Lesbians should not be restricted from adoption

I believe that gays and lesbians should be able raise adopted children just like any responsible heterosexual person can. Sexuality has nothing to do with how competent a parent will be or how a marriage will work. Also, there are so many children that need homes all over the world and it would be cruel to deprive them of a home because homosexuality is looked down upon.

• No they should not.

Gays and lesbians should have every right that heterosexuals have. They should not be inhibited at all towards adopting children or any other facet of their life. Adopted children need homes more than anybody, and a willing family should be allowed to take them into their care and provide for them.

• I feel they have the right

Even though as the child gets older, it will raise a few eyebrows, I feel nothing wrong with a gay couple adopting a child. I think it is their right to start a family, and since they can't do it sexually, their only option is to adopt. I personally see nothing wrong with that.

• Gays and lesbians should be able to adopt children.

No, gays and lesbians should be able to adopt children because they are just as good parents as everyone else. Some people argue that it will mess up the kids, but I don't think that is true. Anyone can be a parent, just as long as they teach their kids good from bad.

• No. We should separate gender roles from parental roles.

Children need parents. The gender of their parents doesn't seem to be that important to them until society in some form or another steps in to tell them there is a problem with their parents' sexuality. We need to separate those two distinctions, not merge them into some version of what a parent should be like.