• Well unlike Homosexuality . . .

Christianity isn't a lifestyle that determines how one treats and views other individuals. It's just a sexuality. Homosexuality, on the other hand, is essentially built upon influencing how one should live his or her life and treat others. And, unfortunately, many who follow the Homosexual tenets use their lifestyle as an excuse to judge and condemn people who don't fit with their beliefs. And that's where the problems begin. So yes, homosexuals should be ridiculed simply for having a sexuality. And yes, Homosexuals make themselves susceptible to being ridiculed due to their sometimes negative behavior towards others that is motivated by Homosexuality.

• I chose yes because there is no "I don't care" option

But I made this question because I saw a "should Christians be ridiculed for their faith" one and decided to see what one like this would get in terms of vote percentage :)
    but really in terms of gays and their rights to be equal, I think everyone has the right to ridicule anybody for whatever they please. I've been ridiculed plenty so don't say something like "how would you like it". Because everyone has the right to make fun of, put down or lift up and praise whoever they please

• Yes, but let me explain why

It's not only gays that should be ridiculed for who they are but everyone should be ridiculed for they are, in a way. It's just a matter of opinion. People hate gays? I bloody say hate them for all I care. People love gays? Good for them! It doesn't really matter because freedom of speech means that people have the right to voice their opinions no matter how malign it sounds. If you remove that person's ability to have their own opinion or purposefully ignore it because you don't like their train of thought, you're kind of being a bigot.

• Orientation does not make a person,

Orientation does not make a person, it is their personality and values that make up who they are. To just give rights to a special orientation isn't the way to go. It is in-fact hurtful to Transgenders, that really need to have more rights. I am not that Religious, however I have a brain, and I know that a persons sexual orientation does not make up who they are. Therefore, they do not need rights.

• Another Christian projecting their dwindling religion on the "gays"

Why do Christians constantly seek support and reinforcement of their bigoted behaviors?

Of course you have the right to mock and make fun of people, to an extent, but once you cross the border into harassment, hate-speech or vulgarity, you are breaking the law.

Never mind the fact that you should behave towards other humans with respect.

So no, you don't get carte blanch to spout your personal flavor of ignorance. You have to deal with the consequences of being an idiot.

• Well, unlike Christianity...

Homosexuality isn't a lifestyle that determines how one treats and views other individuals. It's just a sexuality. Christianity, on the other hand, is essentially built upon influencing how one should live his or her life and treat others. And, unfortunately, many who follow the Christian tenets use their religion as an excuse to judge and condemn people who don't fit with their lifestyle. And that's where the problems begin. So no, "gays" (the grammatically correct terminology is "gay people" or "homosexuals" by the way), should not be ridiculed simply for having a sexuality. And yes, Christians make themselves susceptible to being ridiculed due to their sometimes negative behavior towards others that is motivated by Christian beliefs.

• Ridicule is always wrong.

I personally don't support homosexuality, but I don't think anybody should be ridiculed. I can respect the person and firmly disagree with them at the same time. As a Christian, I believe that God loves and values gays just as much as he loves and values me. In his eyes, No one is better than another. I am not saying that Christians should surrender their beliefs of what is right, but I do think we should speak the truth in love and gentleness. Ridicule, no matter the situation, is inappropriate and wrong. Respect is always appropriate, whether you agree with the person or not. If anything, we should respect gays for the fact that they are human beings just like us, and extend to them the same kindness we would like others to show to us.

• Absolutely not. How can this even be a question to contemplate?

I am a straight, white woman. Aside from being a woman, (which comes with it's own barriers) I am beyond privileged. I can marry who I love, claim tax benefits, AND receive ZERO ridicule or legal barriers. Shouldn't all Americans have the same equal freedoms? I believe that all Americans should have the freedom to marry whomever they are in love with, with NO barriers that cater to certain religious beliefs.

• No they shouldn't, but I understand it.

As a transgender bisexual, I have faced the ridicule most of my life. The truth is no one should ever be ridiculed, made fun of, or disrespected for who they are. Their actions are different. If your religion, moral code, family, or any thing at all is telling you the negative thoughts on any type of person, then you should reevaluate those things. People are good people. No one deserves it.

That being said, I understand why people do it. It is natural for people to criticize and even hate those who are different to them. As animals, it is in our genetic code to advance and protect our genetic code. People who are different from you will likely be ridiculed, attacked or hated because they pose a threat to the genetic code. It all depends on a lot of factors.

It is the same thing for homosexuals. They cannot contribute to the advancement and protection of the genetic code as a species. There fore they are ridiculed, attacked, and hated.

It is natural to hate something you do not understand or have ever experienced. How many of us hated some form of food when we were kids simply because we had never eaten it before. It is the same concept. I am not saying you have to try gay sex to see if you like it, I'm saying hating gays is natural because they are different to the average person's norm.

I think society is headed in the right direction. People are becoming accepting, loving, and supportive of the gay rights movement. But there is still a lot to do for total acceptance of all people. No one deserves any thing less than total acceptance.

• No, that would be wrong.

There is no logical reason to ridicule someone because they happen to be homosexual. Being gay is not comical, laugh worthy or a joke, and ridiculing someone because of it is a form of bullying. Of course that doesn't prevent stupid people from doing so, but that doesn't really change anything.