• Should be a legal

Hello my name is Farah Rahman , Today i'll be discussing with you guys about gender selection . What is gender selection ,Gender selection, or sex selection, is a fertility procedure used to choose the gender of a baby prior to conception. While the desire to choose a baby boy or a baby girl has probably been present throughout human history, it is only recently that the technology to do so has become clinically possible and available . I believe that gender selection is crazy, females should get to be able to have the child she wants ifs she wants
    a boy or girl . I believe that our society will fail in producing females cause in some countries Gender selection is being done and more boys are getting born than girls. Some people don't care about the gender and just want it to be a surprise . ‘’Over the course of human history, the gender of a newborn child has mostly been a surprise and an uncontrollable aspect of the lifecycle’’
    David McCarthy believes that gender selection is really bad for a woman it may harm her and parts of her body he believes that sex selection should be legal females can end up getting things like ,Duchenne muscular dystrophy , A progressive degeneration of muscle tissue ,Hemophilia, which is a deficiency in one of several blood-clotting factors and causes uncontrollable bleeding

How much does a gender selection cost : it cost about about $18,000, and an estimated 4,000 to 6,000 procedures are performed every year. Gender selection now rakes in revenues of at least $100 million every year .

Today i began to read this article about Kristen and John , kristen and john already have three girl children but now this family really wants a boy , gender selection was a thought that this couple through and that’s what they ended up doing this was an easy decision for Kristen and John it was something they both wanted . After reading this article I wonder if any symptoms happened to kristen after the hole producer

• Should be your choice

The arguments against it seem to be around "but it's unnatural." You could use the same argument against any technology, and if you really think about it it is natural, we can do this because of the human brain's natural capabilities in figuring out how to do this. Not only is it natural but it relies on natural qualities that humans have that other species don't. It's not only natural, it's natural specific to humans.

You're not hurting your offspring by making them a boy or a girl and at this point the only way to do this is through egg selection in in vitro clinics. In utero gene therapy isn't possible yet. Parents should be allowed to have what ever selections they want within reason, detrimental traits should only be allowed if the gene in question produces an adequate trade off effect (i.E. Say a gene lead to slightly decreased athletic ability but paid off in higher intelligence, OK, leads to quadripelegia but pays off in higher intelligence, NOT OK). Neutral traits like gender parents should be allowed to pick, or leave it to chance if they want.

In the future when more selection is possible severe conditions should be considered child abuse not to fix. For instance, taysach's, Down's Syndrome. There are some things defined as disorders where if mild enough it could fall into a gray area if there are tradeoff effects. But to not treat severe illness when possible is child abuse.

• Why shouldnt you have the choice?

I see no reason why gender selection should not be legalised. Not all couples will want to select a specific gender and of the couples that do they may not be able to afford the treatement. Therefore I do not think there would be any issue if it were legalised.

• Yes it should be

I have 3 boys and would love a girl. If you can afford to pay for it then why not? After having three boys it looks like I will be travelling abroad for gender selection when it should be available to us in the united kingdom. If you have 2 or more children of the same sex it should be legal to choose to have gender selection.

• It is our choice

If parents want the right to choose the gender then they should. It also could stop gender related diseases as parents could choose to have a baby that is not prone to develop a gender pacific disease. It is our right to choose the sex of our children as it could stop gender related diseases saving lives.

• I see no reason for its prohibition.

I think we can all agree that people are not property. With that in mind, how can we make a legal argument that it's necessary to stop somebody from changing their gender if they choose to do so? They aren't harming anybody, and it's difficult to argue that they're harming themselves.

• No, unless absolutely necessary.

Gender selection is essentially playing God. People are born man or woman because that is the gender God created them to be. In cases where a child is born with both genitalia, gender selection should be legal so that the child can grow up as one gender and not have to deal with the psychological pressure of choosing to live as a man or woman.

• No, it brings up too many issues

No, gender selection should not be legal. It brings up too many issues and crosses to many lines. I'm a fairly liberal person who believes in the right to choose many things. While gender selection in itself might even be acceptable, it would then beg the question as to making other "selections", which become a societal infringement for some people.

• Nope n na

. Z z z z zzz z z z z d d f f f f r Siri rid d sir sjd si do k I I I j j o I I j j u I I j u u y you unu find f f f f f f fb

• Stereotypes and babies do not mix

If you gave birth to a male, it does not mean that they are going to have all male traits. He might want to do ballet and like to dress up. If you have a girl, she may not enjoy girly activities; she may dress and act like a boy. Just because you give birth to a specific gender, it does not mean that the gender specific traits will be inherited. Choosing the gender of your child will not choose their personalities, which is one of the downsides of gender selection. At the end of the day it is the child’s choice on how they would like to look and act. By selecting the gender of children, parents have an image on how they think this child will be, but the truth is they don't.

• Unethical and unnatural

I support infertile couples using IVF to help them conceive a child, whether it be male or female, but choosing the sex of the child should never be legal. I believe it's completely unethical and unnatural. It would remove the organic process of a couple having a baby for the right reasons. A healthy baby is what's important, not gender, and children should be loved unconditionally regardless of their sex.

• Bc its going against the natural course of life.

Humans have to many choices as it is in todays society and allowing gender selection opens up a door to many other selections that might be able to be made in the near future e.g. Hair colour, eye colour ect
    how far is to far? Parents shouldn't need to design the perfect baby because their child should be perfect to them no matter what gender or looks they have. Its up the the child on how they choose to live their life and for all the parents know that girl might dress and want to act like a boy, by gender selecting parents have a image on how they think this child will be, but the truth is they don't.

• It's not necessary.

No one needs to select the sex of their child. This could also pose a problem because many countries, such as China, value males over females. Many parents would have all male children and the world population would be disproportionately male. This might also usher in the legality of "designer babies", where parents could choose the physical traits of the children. It's better to have unique traits than to have your traits selected for you in a lab.

• No

Although I am a very open minded person, I do not think gender selection should be legal. It serves for too many issues that may occur during the process that could harm the person. If you were born a gender you were born that way with the most specific DNA and everything to come together to make you perfectly. Trying to change that could completely set off that entire balance.