• Should be a legal

Hello my name is Farah Rahman , Today i'll be discussing with you guys about gender selection . What is gender selection ,Gender selection, or sex selection, is a fertility procedure used to choose the gender of a baby prior to conception. While the desire to choose a baby boy or a baby girl has probably been present throughout human history, it is only recently that the technology to do so has become clinically possible and available . I believe that gender selection is crazy, females should get to be able to have the child she wants ifs she wants
    a boy or girl . I believe that our society will fail in producing females cause in some countries Gender selection is being done and more boys are getting born than girls. Some people don't care about the gender and just want it to be a surprise . ‘’Over the course of human history, the gender of a newborn child has mostly been a surprise and an uncontrollable aspect of the lifecycle’’
    David McCarthy believes that gender selection is really bad for a woman it may harm her and parts of her body he believes that sex selection should be legal females can end up getting things like ,Duchenne muscular dystrophy , A progressive degeneration of muscle tissue ,Hemophilia, which is a deficiency in one of several blood-clotting factors and causes uncontrollable bleeding

How much does a gender selection cost : it cost about about $18,000, and an estimated 4,000 to 6,000 procedures are performed every year. Gender selection now rakes in revenues of at least $100 million every year .

Today i began to read this article about Kristen and John , kristen and john already have three girl children but now this family really wants a boy , gender selection was a thought that this couple through and that’s what they ended up doing this was an easy decision for Kristen and John it was something they both wanted . After reading this article I wonder if any symptoms happened to kristen after the hole producer

• Should be your choice

The arguments against it seem to be around "but it's unnatural." You could use the same argument against any technology, and if you really think about it it is natural, we can do this because of the human brain's natural capabilities in figuring out how to do this. Not only is it natural but it relies on natural qualities that humans have that other species don't. It's not only natural, it's natural specific to humans.

You're not hurting your offspring by making them a boy or a girl and at this point the only way to do this is through egg selection in in vitro clinics. In utero gene therapy isn't possible yet. Parents should be allowed to have what ever selections they want within reason, detrimental traits should only be allowed if the gene in question produces an adequate trade off effect (i.E. Say a gene lead to slightly decreased athletic ability but paid off in higher intelligence, OK, leads to quadripelegia but pays off in higher intelligence, NOT OK). Neutral traits like gender parents should be allowed to pick, or leave it to chance if they want.

In the future when more selection is possible severe conditions should be considered child abuse not to fix. For instance, taysach's, Down's Syndrome. There are some things defined as disorders where if mild enough it could fall into a gray area if there are tradeoff effects. But to not treat severe illness when possible is child abuse.

• Why shouldnt you have the choice?

I see no reason why gender selection should not be legalised. Not all couples will want to select a specific gender and of the couples that do they may not be able to afford the treatement. Therefore I do not think there would be any issue if it were legalised.

• Yes it should be

I have 3 boys and would love a girl. If you can afford to pay for it then why not? After having three boys it looks like I will be travelling abroad for gender selection when it should be available to us in the united kingdom. If you have 2 or more children of the same sex it should be legal to choose to have gender selection.

• It is our choice

If parents want the right to choose the gender then they should. It also could stop gender related diseases as parents could choose to have a baby that is not prone to develop a gender pacific disease. It is our right to choose the sex of our children as it could stop gender related diseases saving lives.

• I see no reason for its prohibition.

I think we can all agree that people are not property. With that in mind, how can we make a legal argument that it's necessary to stop somebody from changing their gender if they choose to do so? They aren't harming anybody, and it's difficult to argue that they're harming themselves.

• No, unless absolutely necessary.

Gender selection is essentially playing God. People are born man or woman because that is the gender God created them to be. In cases where a child is born with both genitalia, gender selection should be legal so that the child can grow up as one gender and not have to deal with the psychological pressure of choosing to live as a man or woman.

• No, it brings up too many issues

No, gender selection should not be legal. It brings up too many issues and crosses to many lines. I'm a fairly liberal person who believes in the right to choose many things. While gender selection in itself might even be acceptable, it would then beg the question as to making other "selections", which become a societal infringement for some people.

• No, it should not be legal.

I do not believe it is ethical to chose the gender of your child by using PGD. Choosing the gender of your child could prevent diversity and change in the world. Parents expect their children that they chose to have certain interests and wants. Parents will be heartbroken when the child is not how they thought it would be. What if most parents want a boy child? Then there would be no more girls, or fewer girls. One gender would dominate over the other gender. Gender selection is unnatural.
    I think gender selection is unethical by outcome. In the outcome, I do not think the parents will be exceptionally happy with the outcome. Just because the child's gender is chosen does not mean the personality is chosen as well. When most parents choose the gender of their child they have an outlook on how the child will act and what things the child would like. If the parents chose a daughter, they most likely will hope to play dress up, do makeup, and have girl talk together. But what if the daughter is born and like to play with cars and roll in the dirt? What if she does not like makeup and girl talk? What if she does not want to go on a date with the cute boy in her math class? Vise versa if it is a boy.
    I think the child will be upset with her parents for expecting her to be this girly girl because she is letting her parents down. Vise versa if it is a boy. I mean, there is a reason it is illegal in other countries. It is illegal in other countries because of gender discrimination and domination. China made it legal to chose the gender of the couples child and so many people chose male babies that 80 percent of the population was male. If it was legal everywhere one gender would dominate over the other.
    The outcome would not be so good if the United States population was dominated by male or female, it would soon become terrible. One gender could dominate over the other so it would be hard to keep up reproducing, we could eventually become extinct if everyone chose a male or female child.
    Gender selection is used for medical and health reasons, but most people will abuse it for their own personal outcome.

• No, it should not be legal.

• No, it should not be legal.

• No, it should not be legal.

• No, it should not be legal.

• No, it should not be legal.

• Nope n na

. Z z z z zzz z z z z d d f f f f r Siri rid d sir sjd si do k I I I j j o I I j j u I I j u u y you unu find f f f f f f fb

• Stereotypes and babies do not mix

If you gave birth to a male, it does not mean that they are going to have all male traits. He might want to do ballet and like to dress up. If you have a girl, she may not enjoy girly activities; she may dress and act like a boy. Just because you give birth to a specific gender, it does not mean that the gender specific traits will be inherited. Choosing the gender of your child will not choose their personalities, which is one of the downsides of gender selection. At the end of the day it is the child’s choice on how they would like to look and act. By selecting the gender of children, parents have an image on how they think this child will be, but the truth is they don't.