• I don't know how to say this.

But, I'm willing to go even further.

Infanticide. Like the Spartans used to do.

I'm sure the reason is clear: It's better for the human gene pool.

I'm going to get so much hate for this...

Before you start bashing my morality.. Actually you can bash my morality all you want because I deserve it.

• Yes, it should.

As sad and repugnant as it is, many cultures still put the importance of one gender over another. In places where you are restricted to a set amount of children and you MUST pass down through the male line? All it means is that baby girls will be killed after birth, giving more trauma to the mother.

• People Have a Choice and People Have Privacy

It would not only be immoral, but a violation of human rights to refuse a woman an abortion just because the reason she has isn't a "legitimate reason." If abortion were to be legal, it would have to be all the way with no picking and choosing. I personally think that this is wrong, but then again so is forcing women to cover up their faces. This is a purely ethical issue, though, and I, nor anyone else, is in any place to be a control freak over people's beliefs and/or customs. People have the freedom of choice whether we like it or not.

• It is a woman's right to decide

I am pro sex selective abortion as long as it is a woman's decision and not something that is forced on her. Since I was a child I've imagined my life with a son. I was 5 or 6 my parents asked me whether I wanted a brother or sister and I told them I wanted a brother and I did get a baby brother a couple of years later and to this day (I am 25 now) I remember the day my grandparents told me my mum had given a birth to a boy as the happiest day of my life. I love my brother more than any words could describe and now that I am an adult thinking about family I want a son. I have always had this connection, this instant feeling of love just thinking about having a son. I would be devastated if I was to have a daughter as that was never in the picture in the 25 years of my life. A while ago I made a decision not to have kids even though I want to because I thought it was impossible to pick the gender and I would rather have no kids at all than to end up having a girl. But since these tests exist I will certainly consider having children in the future. I know some of you might think I'm sexist, to me it is simply a matter of choice and thinking ahead and making sure that I can give my child the best life he can have and lots of love. I know I would not be able to give that to a girl and I would rather her not live her life for 80 something years knowing and feeling like her mother does not really love her. I would want my child to have the happiest life he can with a close bond with his parents, for him to know he can come to me no matter what and I would be there for him. I would never be able to connect this way with a daughter.

• Yes, it should.

• Unfortunately it should.

Think of it this way. Would you rather have a child face years of abuse and torment for not being the right gender or just have them aborted? I can assure you that abortion isn't painful for either side. The aborted child doesn't KNOW they're being aborted, and it's not cruel in any way. If the person in mind is idiotic enough to want to abort due to gender, it's better to let them.

• gender-selective abortion is already legal

I believe it is a moot point to argue about gender-selective abortion as it is already illegal to abort a child for any reason before the end of the 2nd trimester. I feel that women should be allowed to choose the right to an abortion for whatever reason they see fit.

• Abortion Kills Life

Do the "little women" have any rights? What about the "little men". I am talking about the babies who are considered to be aborted. Women who have gotten pregnant have already made the choice with their bodies. That was their choice, and it is unethical for them to change their mind and kill their baby.

• Are you kidding me?

This question honestly made me a little angry when I first read it. How would one even consider this to be legal. I consider it to be murder, and this is coming from someone who is not a strong anti-abortion activist. It just makes me sick to think that a couple, or single mother, would wait to learn of the the sex of their child, and then decide whether to kill it or not according to that information. Awful!

• Is this the world you want?

Is this the world we want to live in? A world where we kill babies based on their gender? A world where we have more males over females because we abort more women? Before you go on your righteous rant just think about what I said for a second and think is this really the future we want for our children? Where they think the should abort a female because they or society prefer males or vice versa

• Is this the world you want?

• Seriously?! No way.

Gender selective abortion is discrimination. Plus, it could throw off the natural balance of the number of men and women. And what's next? Abortion based on hair color? Eye color? It is simply wrong to kill your own child because you don't like something about them. I think that legalizing abortion is what opened up this treacherous slippery slope, at least here in the US, and I am sickened at the amount of people that are supporting the notion of gender-selective abortion.

• This is gendercide

Just as denying women a job based on her gender is wrong, denying a girl her life just because of her sex is so much worse. What gets me is that many pro-choice people also agree with me, and name this "gendercide," whose root word means "to kill". But what makes it more wrong to kill a person because of their gender than to kill a person for any other reason? (as in normal abortions)

• I believe that sex selective abortion should be banned in the uk.

You can only find out the sex of the baby after
    20 weeks. Even then, it is not an acuurate result. After 20 weeks, the baby has started developing. In this stage,
    of pregnancy, you are essentially killing a baby. Furthermore, over half of the time, sex selective abortion is
    against women. Women are fighting to have the same rights as men, however, by allowing sex selective abortion, it
    is going against everything that women fight for.

• Are you serious?

Abortion is bad in all ways. Based on morality or not, if you look up all of the processses that are used to perform abortions it is more than disturbing. How can one ever murder such an innocent creature. The child can't come into the world. What if we killed the human that would cure Cancer? Do you not see that it is murder? Would you allow me to dismember your mom, twist and tear parts of her body off, cut any bones that are in my way, and throw her in the backyard dumpster? No? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE???

• Do you think it is fair?

Is it fair to kill someone based on biology? Should we be allowed to kill people if we do not like how they look?
    Or better yet: What if we kill every dark skinned people? Do you like that idea?
    I'm sure you think it is racist. And savagery. So why killing tiny, defenseless children just because adults do not want them?
    Before you start babbling about women's bodies and female rights, read this: That baby is genetically different from the mother. And has human dna. There is your science proving your excuse are wrong.

Posted by: Rafe
  • Is that the society we want?

Is that the society we want? Is that what is good for all of us? A society which has mothers getting rid of some children simply because of their sex? We should live in a world which values each and every human being including their sex. We should not undervalue someone simply because they are not male or female.

I'd add that sex-selection abortions are usually performed against girls. So it is also another real attack on women

Posted by: Dmot