Should Geraldo Rivera be viewed as one of the great daytime television hosts?

• He is so popular

One of the best measures or success is longevity and appeal. Geraldo Rivera has displayed both of these. Regardless of political preferences or discrepancies about his worldviews, it is hard to argue with the objective measures. He seems to have the respect of both industry peers and people he has on the show.

• Yes, Geraldo Rivera is one of the best daytime hosts.

I think that Geraldo Rivera should be regarded as one of the best daytime television hosts of all time. I think that while I haven't really watched his shows, he was successful because he had a lot of fans that believe in the quality of his show. His name is also one of the most recognizable in the world of media.

• Too Overblown of a Person

Geraldo Rivera is too full of himself to be considered one of the great daytime hosts. Where is he now? On Fox News doing special assignments. Rivera is now irrelevant and has been replaced by so many other daytime talk show hosts like Oprah Winfrey. Rivera isn't nearly as prominent as Phil Donahue.

• No, not at all.

In my personal opinion, Geraldo Rivera should be viewed as a person with some of the worst ideas ever thought up. From his show decades ago, to his spots on FOX news right now. Nothing the man says seems logical or relevent, and he continues to embarrass himself on the national stage.

• He's not that great.

While Geraldo Rivera has a mustache that can only be considered legendary, I wouldn't call him one of the greats of daytime television. Geraldo Rivera is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Where he loses people is that he is sensationalist. Compared to Oprah, it cannot be said that Rivera is one of the greats in daytime television