Should getting a higher education be free for everyone seeking a university degree?

• Yes, it should be.

I do not think that socio econimic situations or the fact that someone did poorly in the past should stop them from achieving a university degree if they so wish to get one. Having them for free would be an absolute boon. I wish I could have gotten my degree for free.

• Yes, getting a higher education should be free.

Getting a higher education should be free. The primary reason is that a university degree has become a prerequisite for most careers in the United States. Not having a degree in the current economy is the equivalent of not having a high school diploma in 1980. Just as public school is paid for with tax dollars through grade 12, university should be free as well (at least it should be free up to the cost of the public universities, if you want to attend private university you will need to make up the difference in price).

• Higher education should be free for those who want it.

Yes, getting a higher education should be of no cost to the student if they want to attain a higher education. When young people further their education, this is something that society as a whole can also benefit from. It is therefore in the greater interests of society as a whole to have more people educated.

• It's not a government job.

No, getting a higher education should not be free for everyone seeking a university degree, because it will only drive up tuition costs. Universities will just claim that they need more and more money from the government and the students will not protest because they are insulated from the costs.

• No, a higher education should not be free to everyone.

I do not believe that getting a higher education should be something that is free to everyone seeking a university degree. I think that getting a higher education and a degree is a luxury and not a right. That is why people who are seeking one should try their best to get a scholarship if they want it.