• It's your choice.

If you don't mind being stared at, gossiped about, or possible be sexually assaulted, then go ahead. But if you do care, then obviously you wouldn't wear one in the first place. We can't just force people what to do. Let them do whatever they want. They'll just have to face the consequences later.

• Only if I can wear short shorts.

I mean, my nice muscular legs just look so damn sexy. You can't expect me to keep the boys bottled up in uncomfortable pants. I could do stretches too in the office. MMmmmm. Is it weird if I get turned on by my own legs? If so, please understand how great my legs are.

• Every has freedom

Everyone has a right to choose their own clothing. If it does show any sexual parts then yeah they should be able to wear them, even if they are kinda challenging to some guys. But they should never be forced to wear one because that is again taking away someones freedom.

• Different offices are untitled to have different guidelines

In a very professional environment, I don't think people working in the office are there to wear mini skirts and flaunt their body, they are there to work. On the contrary, your freedom for what you wear should not be limited because men can't focus on their work. Women often are given more rules because they can show more but I believe if guidelines are set and followed there is no need to ban any specific articles of clothing.

• Absolutely, if done tastefully.

I think banning mini-skirts ignores the context; if everything else about the outfit is tasteful and conservative, then why not? For instance, one might consider flat shoes instead of heels to tone it down.

The idea the people go to work to work is very short-sighted. People spend a great portion of their time at work, and there should be a sense of fun. I don't like the idea of a dress-down workplace; the attitude should be about bringing your best self. I don't think a well-styled miniskirt contradicts that intent.

• Office women and short skirts

Yes. Women should have the right to wear short skirts to work. Any "man" that disagrees is not into women. And those guys love the......Well everyone knows the D word. Is a woman's right to choose what she wears. If "men" can not handle that, then those "men" need to find another job.

• What a girl wears is her choice as long as she remains professional and does not counter the Company's image.

Many girls can comfortably wear a short skirt in offices whilst maintaining a professional appearance. Careful consideration has to be given to a particularly short skirt to ensure that it doesn't detract or devalue the Company's image - reflected by the Employee's appearance. That said, many girls will be able to pull off the look and maintain the respect of her colleagues and peers. Those that can't pull of the look will know long before choosing the skirt that morning! If a girl has great legs, why not show them off? In sales, it is known that this can often increase sales. It's a fact and I'm not being sexist! I think if you can pull it off and remain professional, go for it!

• Depends on who's wearing it.

If a girl has the legs/body to carry it off, by all means. Especially lower-level girls like secretaries and interns. If you are a supervisor, it may be more questionable, but there as some nice "power suits" available with short skirts. Just be careful when you are bending and stretching!

• Wear clothing that makes you feel good about yourself

I wear heels and pantyhose with above the knee dresses and skirts almost everyday within reason. Obviously, a micro mini is an extreme example and a distraction in the workplace; however, as ladies, we can balance fashion and what is business appropriate for the current social climate. For the few days that I have worn jeans to work for dress down day, I was told by a few of my male colleagues that I looked 'great' and 'really hot.' If I did not know these people, the second statement could be interpreted as harassment. So what is defined as a distraction?

• Type of office matters.

Depends on the type of business, and clients being catered to. Business in the arts, high fashion (some retail), various creative industries a shorter skirt (above the knee) may be okay. If your law practice has clients in those areas, then maybe okay. Larger the city, or a city where the creative class predominates, the more it may be okay. Obviously not okay to wear in court, if finance, corporate law, or similar is your focus. Not as acceptable in smaller towns, or more conservative traditional economy communities. Maybe the discussion is along these lines and helping the assistant match what she wears based on who clients are that day . . . .

• No, I think they shouldn't

No because it a big turn on for some people and I have to be professional. If your in a office and a woman is wearing skirts very short ones I think that is a big distraction for men. Therefor it will be hard for them to concentrate. Therefore mini skirts should not be allowed.

• Professional Environment in the Work Zone

In the work place, the job is to work; not to show off ones legs or butt in this matter. In fact, it actually is very rude in my opinion on dressing in short clothing just to express your body. Heard anything called "personality"? That is far better, than the appearance of one woman; and this is coming from a straight guy.

When you decide to sign up for a position, that is your choice and you are required to uphold the position you signed up for. If the place your working at does allow short skirts, then that is your decision; otherwise fulfill the agreement you made. The business is trying to be as professional as possible, and if you deny their own requests; you do not deserve to work there. Professionalism is key within an environment to be a success.

• The point of going to office is to do your job, not to bare you legs

It creates too much distraction. You're not supposed to create distractions at work. Girls and boys wear are supposed to work together in an office. You know what's going to happen. The girl's going to be presenting a plan and all the boys are just staring at her legs. Sad.

• Commendable thinking huh.?

As I am a law aspirant and Article 21of indian constitution gives right to life and personal liberty.According to which you can wear whatever you want.Its hardly inappropriate to make exclusion to mini skirts.But the thing i find inconsistent is your intentions."As you were bottling up the boys" and this is not really necessary especially from office point of view.And this type of thinking is the one of the main reasons of boys resulting raping girls..

• Not really acceptable

It isn't so much that I think they should be prohibited in a work place environment as that I feel it is not really the socially acceptable place to wear them. There is a time and a place for evwrything. For example: wearing neon pink to a funeral is not prohibited but it can irritate a lot of people.

• What is appropriate for business?

The bottom line of this debate is whether it is appropriate for businesses to allow employees to wear clothing that is suggesting to any degree, and at what point does suggesting clothing become inappropriate. The business is seeking to present an image of its company to it's customers, and if the customers are persuaded to buy or not buy a good or service because of the suggestibility of an employee's clothing, that transaction is 1. Coerced and 2. Unethical. Workplaces are supposed to be as conservative as possible, to prevent unethical behavior. Also, a company is represented by its employees, and a company who supports liberal garb is going to be seen as liberal, and a big risk.