Should girls be able to wear short shorts at school

Asked by: Leetont9
  • It's just clothing.

Many say that it shouldn't be allowed because it will distract boys. First of all, that's hetero-sexist. Secondly, it is the boys responsibility to control themselves. Gay girls don't get "distracted" from their work if a girl wears shorts. Third, there are no college dress codes and yet boys still manage to get work done. And lastly, this implies that the education of boys is more important than that of girls.

• Girls bodies don't make them sluts

Girls should absolutely be able to wear short shorts to school because it gets hot in the spring and summer! Teenage girls shouldn't be shamed by showing their bodies! It is totally awesome and sexy when girls expose their legs and feet! If it bothers you that girls want to look hot than don't look!

• Topic of girls

Teenage girls should be allowed to wear short shorts to school because they look really cute in them!:) plus A lot of boys like when girls wear short shorts. Teenage girls shouldn't be shamed for what they wear. It is definitely ok for girls to expose their legs and feet when it is hot. If anyone shames them for looking sexy and because they want to wear short shorts when it is hot then shame on them!

• Topic of girls

• Girls Should Wear Whatever they Please if Men Can

I think there should be a dress code, but the dress code that we have needs to be modified. I say as long as you can't see the girls butt, then it's fine. The shorts do not need to go all the way down to her knees, otherwise she would practically be wearing jeans in the summer when it's 80-90 degrees! Also, it's "distracting" to boys? I find this so stupid for many reasons, one of them being school is all about preparing the students for the future. When they're out of school, they're going to see girls butts when they're wearing short shorts at the grocery store, concerts, the beach and pool, basically everywhere in summer. So why not prepare them for this future? Furthermore, it's a stupid point because guys at school are allowed to wear muscle shirts that show all of their biceps which might cause girls to stare, and yet they aren't banned from wearing them. That's completely unjust. Girls can't show a LITTLE butt, and then guys get to wear muscle shirts that expose all of there biceps? Because butts to males are more distracting than biceps to females...

• We should be able to wear shorts

Apparently at our school we can't wear short shorts because they are distracting to boys. We can't help that boys can't control themselves and their hormones and most of them are little pervs. The clothes we wear is the way we express ourselfs, since Society and media say we can't act a certain way or do certain things. Girls already have it rough and just a small rule like the finger tips rule is redicilous. Sometimes these shorts make girls more confident and did you no that most of the people that commit sucide are girls.Bellow the fingertip shorts might make girls self conscious (by making there thighs really big like mine) it's not like our asses are showing as most kids call them "booty shorts" but they cover our bottoms. Boys get to sag there pants and wear gang things in school and this one kid wore a shirt in school with a girls boobs showing and no one said anything about it.I just think we should be allowed to wear shorts, we arnt going to wear shorts that go down to our knees in 95 degree weather (not smart is it) I am just saying that girls go through more than guys like giving birth,periods,media,pains,9 months of tourcher ect... But you can't give us one thing to wear the shorts we want guys don't really have anything to go through like us girls so thank you for reading this down to hear

• Yes i think they should if they have the body for it.

I am a mother of two teenage daughters and we all wear short-shorts all the time and we have no problems or complaints having more than half of our butts exposed. So people need to get over it and accept it and i hope more parents and girls will push to change the old fashioned dress codes.

• I think its ho

I like girls with nice thighs its really hot i wish i could just take the girls in the bathroom and shove my dick in all of their nice juicy tight vaginas and eat them out oh damn these girls are hot ill rock all of their worlds oh and im fourteen years old

• Equality for Skin

Girls should be able to wear what they want to do without thinking about if a boy will like it or not. If they want to wear short shorts than they should be able to. It is only skin, its not like she's walking around naked. Also, if you want girls to cover up then you should make boys cover up just as much. Boys can walk around shirtless while girls have to cover up most of their body. It is ridiculous. Besides, it is not like she is walking around naked, it's just a little bit of skin.

If the reason you think that girls cannot wear short shorts is that it will distract the guys, that is basically saying that a man's education is more valuable than a woman's. Why would a guy be looking at those spots anyway? If they are looking at those places, it will not make a difference whether there are clothes near that location anyway. If you force a girl to change their clothes for the sake of a man's education to have no distractions, you are depriving the girl of her education.

Girls may want to wear short shorts because it was a gift, it was all that they have, they just liked the shorts, the store didn't have longer ones, or it was simply too hot to just cover up.

So while you are over there discriminating towards women, I will just be over here trying to get equality for women that should have happened a long time ago. I hope you have fun with your life, acting like men are superior feeding your hunger to control a woman's appearance to your desire.

• It's only skin

The teachers and students seem to be surprised that girls have legs. Wearing shorts is not just for showing off, because they are worn for warm weather. Besides, it is not like females are showing inappropriate parts. It is only legs!

Males wear shorts all the time, yet that is counted as acceptable. This is a form of sexism, which is not teaching the students, and maybe teachers, anything! Some people argue that girls wear shorts to focus on their appearance, while completely forgetting their education. This statement is incorrect, since females do not admire themselves during a big test or while studying.

People seem to misjudge girls who wear shorts. There is nothing wrong with feeling comfortable at school! Others argue that shorts are only used for sexual attraction. People can be interested in a sporty, laid back theme while people on here, call them sluts.

Rude and offensive remarks towards girls wearing shorts, and most definitely everything else, is the main thing that should be banned at school

. Do something about the situation after you know the whole truth about it. From this proof, it should be obvious that shorts are not (not always) used as a sexual or inappropriate way during school.

• Depends how short the 'short shorts' are'.

The practical reasons for wearing shorts are for gym class and if it's hot out but there isn't any reason to wear really short shorts instead of regular length shorts. If they are too short that it's distracting just add a few inches and it won't make too much of a difference for the person wearing them.
    It isn't just distracting in the sense that people will be attracted to the person wearing them. There are plenty of people that just don't want to see that whether it's because it's attractive or unattractive, the distraction is still there.

• Keep your 'personal expression' to yourself.

There is no reason anyone of any gender has the necessity to wear short shorts at school, unless it's PE class. If you are unable to show an ability to follow simple and perfectly reasonable social rules, to what will you amount when you grow up? This isn't sexist, nor should it be branded as such. People of either gender should dress modestly.

• Under dressed, no respect for elders/teachers, distraction for boys

They are not appropriate for school. I see too many girls coming to school dressed in their short shorts, and then when they decided to stretch at some point, or reach up high, you can see the bottom of their butt showing out from under the shorts. In addition, maybe I'm just a bit too old fashioned, but I think that wearing these types of clothing to school is disrespectful for your elders. You come to school to learn, not to distract all the boys and make them stare at you. Most girls like the attention, but it isn't the time and place. You can do whatever you want, and wear whatever you want, on your own time, but school is a place to learn, not to present yourself in a manor that says, "I don't care about anything, I'm just gonna do what I like, and dress how I like"

• Be a lady!

You may think your cute but you're setting youself up for lack of respect amongst some of your peers, which may eventually hurt your feelings and cause ugly rumors. Be a smart young teen, growing wisely into womanhood and know you don't have to be provacative to be attractive or sexy.

• Think about its purpose

When I'm asked questions like this, what I do is I throw out all assumptions and start thinking about it from scratch. So the question I come to is - what is the purpose of short shorts? It's not just any clothing, it's not just any shorts - it's a very particular item which is defined by the shortness.

So then, why are short shorts - well, short? What about it being short makes it something people want? Well, because short shorts allow the wearer to show off as much leg as possible - that's the purpose of having shorts that are short.

So what's the appeal in showing off as much leg as possible? The appeal is that it makes the wearer appear taller and hence more attractive. More *sexually* attractive to be precise and this is where the problem is.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with men or women wearing clothes that make them appear sexually attractive and we shouldn't apply any sexist rules from bygone eras to restrict people. However we do need to have some rules.

For anyone who's still legally a child (18 in some countries, 16 in others), attracting sexual attention should be the furthest thing in their minds and as adults we must provide them with an environment where they can grow up and develop a good understanding of people and the world. They will have plenty of time to explore sex, sexuality and sexual attraction when they're adults.

This is why we should not allow short shorts in schools - or in fact to anyone who's below the age of consent. It's a garment specifically designed to attract sexual attention and this is something that kids should not be delving into until they're grown up.

• Think About Its Purpose

• Respect your self

Girls who wear short shorts are deliberately exposing themselves and they complain about how boys are hitting on them. Girls or guys shouldn't be allowed to wear these shorts in public, they're basically wearing underwear and we all know that isn't acceptable in public. We need to give our children some pride, to set their prioritizes straight and allow them to transform into better, respectable people.

• School is for learning not showing

This will further distract students from learning which is the entire point of school. Girls will be to busy showing their bodies off and boys will be to busy looking at them. This ruins the point of school and girls become walking entertainment shows for boys. Are girls really that low?

• In this case, no

I in no way think that stores should be banned from selling them. But the thing is, school isn't a fashion show. I think dress codes are good. If a pair of shorts hurts the dress code, then the dictated punishment should be administered.
    And no double standard. If males wear low jeans/pants that break the dress code they should deserve equal punishment

• Its not appropriate and very useless.

What can someone gain from wearing extremely short, scandalous shorts? It's a waste of time to care about showing off how nice your legs may look and it is not necessary. Girls should focus on their education, not their appearance. But it also depends on how short the shorts are. I might wear pretty short shorts myself, but that doesn't mean I intend to wear them for an irrational purpose. Also, there should be dress codes to follow in order to ensure that all pupils wear appropriate clothing to school, an environment intended for learning.

Posted by: ss12

Diqiucun_Cunmin says2015-05-06T04:41:43.097
Only in PE class.