Should girls be allowed to play on boys' sports teams?

• Girls should be equel to boys !!!!

Girls should be equal to boys , boys need to accept the fact that not only boys can play football, soccer, baseball or any other boy sport. Boys don't think girls should play boy sports because "girls aren't strong enough" well that's NOT TRUE we are strong enough so LET US PLAY BOY SPORTS !!!!!!!!!

• Females care just at tuff as males

A female can play as rough and as strong as males. Girls can play football and base ball yet the male population believe that us females are to fragile and can not do it. I have 5 brothers and each of them have played every field sport almost. I play football better than any of them and help them practice. Women fought for equality yet we are still getting lesser treatment. Girls may be built different, but we have the same muscles as the guys. I actually know 20 or more girls that are better than the boys team and the boys actually want the girls on their team. It should be allowed because everyone is supposed to be equal.

• Yes, it's a no brainer!

Girls are just as good as boys and they should not be turned down just because of their gender! Imagine if it were you. Imagine if you were a girl and loved to play sports and weren't allowed to play on boy's sports teams even though you are really good at it. Just as good as boys. How would you feel? You wouldn't feel good, would you?

• If they can

Note one of the "arguments" to the right couldn't even bother to put 50 words down in defense of their stance. In most cases,girls simply won't be able to hang with the boys, boys are stronger and tougher generally speaking. However, every now and then a girl does possess the right blend of drive and physical build to be able to compete with them, in that case, why tell her no?

• Females are just as tough as some males!!!

Females should be allowed to play on any males team. And any male on any females team. Females and males should be treated equal. Females can do anything a male can do. As long as they can prove thereselves in the sport/game they should be allowed to play just as anyone else would.

• Girls should be able to play on boys' sports teams!

Girls and boys have the same muscle structure. If a girl feels as if the league that they are playing in isn't competitive enough, they should be able to play in a more competitive league! Also, there are lots of girls who are stronger than boys! Girls should be able to play on "boys'"sports teams!

• Yes we can

Girls should be treated just the same as guys. If girls really want to play then they should be able too. If they are willing to take the hit then whats the difference between girls and boys playing. I think that every one should be treated equally. Girls should be on same tean as boys!!!!!

• I think its ok for girls to play on the same sports teams as boy.

Some girls play socker and nobody is saying that it's a bad thing so why cant we play football. I hate when guys say no she cant play football she is a girl. I personally think that is sex-sis. Girls don't say anything when guys want to be on the cheer team. So why should the boys say we cant play on the same football team or any sports team with them? JUST BECAUSE WE ARE GIRLS DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

• Without a doubt.......YES

Girls deserve the same equality as boys. They say that there stronger than us, but there really wrong. There really not STRONGER than us, but there just picky. Boys think that they can justify us about this topic, but there wrong. And all 'yall that have diffrent opinions are BOYS. It's not that the boys can't be on girls sports teams, it's that they don't want to. Besides, i'd like to hear a different opinion.

• Girls are just as smart and talented

They should because they have the capabilities to do the same things that boys do, no matter the gender. They have the same amount of talent and the same amount of smarts. Us girls know how to do what we need to do to help our team win a championship or a game. We understand the process and plays the same as boys do. No question!!!!

• I think that females can't do that kind of thing!

First, it's called a boys' team for a reason girls don't have the body for it so how would they be able to do the techniques that actually work towards the goal for winning? Example: FOOTBALL! Try watching a girl play that and then come back and tell me what you think.

• Its not fair to boys

I dont mind if girls play on boys sports teams like basketball and baseball and soccer but not contact sports like football and wrestling because if i were to touch a girl during wrestling in the wrong spot then it would be weird, and if i were to tackle one in football, for one thing i cant hit a girl and i could injure her. Im not saying shes not tough but boys are more '' get down and dirty '' where girls are more like '' I need my blush'' so i dont think girls should play on boys CONTACT sports teams the others they should most certainly play.

• It's a proven fact girls are not as tough as boys

Say a girl wanted to play football she could play on the team but she most likely would not start. Thats why they have boys and girls sports seperate. Boys are physically stronger than girls. It takes girls a longer time to get as strong as boys. It would be a lot easier for girls and boys to just have their sports seperate. Their are some sports i think that girls and boys can play together like tennis or like soccer until a certain age.

• No girls shouldnt

Girls shouldn't because boys might start wanting to play with boys. What if girls wanted to play soccer against girls but they cant because boys are on the other team. I have other brothers who shove and push and are very harsh because that's how boys play. That's why girls need to play there sport......Plus the can get badly hurt!

• Boys aren't allowed on girls teams

If you allow girls to participate on boys teams, then allow boys on girls teams. We would all agree that it would be unfair to have 13 yr old boys playing on an all girls softball team. As much as I push equality and girl power, the fact of the matter is boys are physically stronger and generally more coordinated then girls. Why do you think boys baseball fields are so much bigger then girls softball fields? For safety reasons sports should be divided into age and gender appropriate divisions. If you do allow girls to participate in boys sports then you must make things fair and allow boys into girls sports, isn't that what women have been pushing for years, Equality?

• No, in general I think girls should not play on boys' sports teams.

Now, I have to qualify my answer by saying that it depends on the age of the participants. If we're talking about a bunch of 5-year-olds, then sure, why not let boys and girls play on the same teams? After all, they're years away from puberty and will all be of similar size and body composition. However, with older kids and adults, I definitely think the sexes should be separated. Once puberty sets in, size and body composition change dramatically, and it is both dangerous and uncomfortable for the sexes to be mixed.

• Girls should not play on boys teams

We wonder why the family unit is failing. We have no defined roles anymore. Yesterday, my son wrestled his first meet of the season and it was supposed to be against a girl. He forfeited and didn't wrestle her. We have taught him to respect girls. And does it show respect for girls to be rolling around all sweaty and in tight clothing, grabbing, groping and laying on top of them? No! Men say women don't respect them. Women say men don't treat them how they should and don't hold them precious. Is there any wonder why? It's easy to think that something so small as a wrestling meet can cause bigger social and marital issues, but it all adds up eventually. Men feel emasculated because women are pushing their way into everything. Men can't be the leaders of the home and family anymore because women need to be leading. And we wonder why men don't feel respected and end up not knowing how to treat women?

• We just are different

Yes it's true that some girls are stronger than boys, but I don't think that is a reason why we should integrate boys' and girls' sport teams. From my experience of being in wrestling, where I had to wrestle many girls, I know that girls could be as strong as guys, but the difference is in the structure of the body. Not just sexual parts but the entire coordination of muscle system is different than that of guys'. It was really awkward wrestling them not because they were girls but because they had bodies with different muscles, and although I don't look down on girls, I don't think they should be in a same competition with guys, especially in wrestling.
    Golf, baseball, soccer, whatever - I don't care - but fighting/martial arts should be separated.

• Not to be mean.

Boy's are just physically tougher and more aggressive, I'm not saying that girls aren't tough or aggressive, I'm just saying that girls aren't on the same level of intensity. For example, if a guy is running and catches a ball and runs over another guy, nobody thinks that he's mean or anything but if he runs over a girl, he's known as a jerk. When men are playing with women it lowers the intensity of the game, I speak from experience.

• Guys might "take it easy" on girl competitors

Guys might find the need to go a little easier on girls from the opposing team, which will effect the outcome of the game. If you play a sport, you need to go 100% the whole time, no matter who the competitor is. Boys vs Boys, and girls vs girls.