Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• Blah blah blah

I got told to get out of my class and go to the SLC to take off my mascara. I had nothing else, no cake, just mascara. And it wasn't even heavy mascara. Who is it hurting?? If school is meant to prepare us for the real world, shouldn't they be demonstrating examples to us that people are going to do what they want to their faces? When we are in the workforces and when we are older, no one is going to say "go to the main office and take off your makeup". We get infraction notifications in our diaries if its more than once. It's makeup, and while some girls wear full faces of makeup and don't get caught, I wear mascara and somehow get called out for it? How about - you do what you want with your face. How about - what you do with your face is not going to affect your education.

• Blah blah blah

• Blah blah blah

• Yes we should be allowed

I wore a little bit of makeup to school they told me to take it off but some girls who contour don't get told off . I think it's ridiculous how they think it distracts our learning like u distract our learning more by wasting our time making us take it off and having to go in isolation they say school for learning but it's also a social platform were people wat to feEl accepted - a year 8 student

• Helps with confidence

Why should we not. It helps with our confidence and makes us feel like we are pretty, of course we should not cake it on but I do not think a little foundation and concealer can really hurt the teachers. Makeup is a way of expressing yourself so if a teacher makes you take it off it kind of says to us that we can't be ourselves anymore, as if they are stripping our right to feel confident away from us. Some people say we are too young to wear makeup but in the end it is our choice to wear it and no one can take that choice away from you. Lastly, it is not affecting our learning, but as soon as a teacher takes you out of your class to take it off it starts to disrupt your learning.

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Slightly in the middle, but more on the 'no' side.

I think that girls should accept themselves and be natural. I think most girls wear makeup because other girls wear it, and they feel like because they wear makeup they get more attention from males and not only. But if someone really feels insecure about their skin, concealer or foundation should be allowed from my point of view. I hate seeing girls who have perfect skin, or girls who have 1 small spot and they apply coats and coats of foundation one on top of another. On the other side, make up doesn't hurt anyone.

• Sure, let's promote more waste of money and time and encourage material-based superficial confidence.

Of course, it's girls' own choice to wake up hours earlier than necessary every school day to put on makeup and ensure that they look perfect. It's also their choice to spend their or their parents' money on mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, lipstick, blush, foundation, and the list goes on and on. It's their own choice to compete with others, not just with their clothes and hair, but also with their makeup. It's their choice to become more preoccupied with their appearances than with education, to spend hours in front of the mirrors even at school. It's their choice to let makeup beautify their faces and to let it give themselves confidence, and it's their choice to feel ugly and lose all confident after stripping it away.