Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• Makeup isn't about changing yourself, it's art

I use makeup to school, but i don't use any foundation nor concealer. I only use moisturiser, eyebrows, lip tint and lip balm. I use them not to attract anyone, it's just because i like makeup and i think it's art. I'm not even bothered with myself or other people wearing makeup. My parents are fine with me wearing it to school and i personally think that it wouldn't affect you're grade because some school has proven that girls using makeup doesn't affect their grade. The average GPA of girls wearing makeup to school is around 3, so i strongly believe that girls should be allowed to use makeup to school

• Yes we should

Some girls get bullied and that makeup gives them extra confidence. I mean i put on light layers of makeup I don't go all cakey but i do it for an extra boost. I think makeup is a way to express your style and if your teacher makes you take it off in front of the class that's just going to make the bullying worse. So yes let us wear makeup if we want and plus, making them take it off will be causing more distractions because everyone will be going ohh ahhhhh.

• Feeling good about yourself

Make up makes girls more confident and makes them feel pretty and that they wont get comments like "shes ugly" and "ew, look at her". Girls wear make up to feel goo about themselves and so that they can cover up there imperfections. Make up makes girls feel better about themselves so they should be allowed it in school

• Feeling good about yourself

• Girls should be allowed to wear makeup

Girls should be allowed to wear makeup because it helps people feel confident about themselves and helps them not to worry what other people think of their bare faces. Although makeup was originally made to empress boys now in 2018 makeup is so that us girls can feel confident about ourselves and not be insecure about ourselves. Also us girls should be allowed to wear makeup in school because what is makeup doing to society. Nothing! Makeup is not effecting the school environment its making people feel good about themselves instead of being home schooled and having no one to rely on.

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Slightly in the middle, but more on the 'no' side.

I think that girls should accept themselves and be natural. I think most girls wear makeup because other girls wear it, and they feel like because they wear makeup they get more attention from males and not only. But if someone really feels insecure about their skin, concealer or foundation should be allowed from my point of view. I hate seeing girls who have perfect skin, or girls who have 1 small spot and they apply coats and coats of foundation one on top of another. On the other side, make up doesn't hurt anyone.

• Sure, let's promote more waste of money and time and encourage material-based superficial confidence.

Of course, it's girls' own choice to wake up hours earlier than necessary every school day to put on makeup and ensure that they look perfect. It's also their choice to spend their or their parents' money on mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, lipstick, blush, foundation, and the list goes on and on. It's their own choice to compete with others, not just with their clothes and hair, but also with their makeup. It's their choice to become more preoccupied with their appearances than with education, to spend hours in front of the mirrors even at school. It's their choice to let makeup beautify their faces and to let it give themselves confidence, and it's their choice to feel ugly and lose all confident after stripping it away.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools